KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » What Movie Scared You the Most as a Child

What Movie Scared You the Most as a Child
Started by: BigBadBundy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fallschirmjäger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by COG Veteran
I watch Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead every Halloween! big grin Oh they are wonderful!

You, sir, are a true horror fan. smile

Same here. I watch them on Halloween as well as the old B-movies I used to watch on WNEW 5's Creature Features and WPIX 11 Chiller Theater as a kid in the early 70's.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 01:05 AM
Fallschirmjäger is currently offline Click here to Send Fallschirmjäger a Private Message Find more posts by Fallschirmjäger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I feel silly now.
My spouse and i watch Nightmare before Christmas.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 10:28 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fallschirmjäger

Originally posted by riv6672
I feel silly now.
My spouse and i watch Nightmare before Christmas.

Nah...ya' gotta' have a little fun now and then. My heyday, like I said, was the old Chiller Theater and Creature Features shows on Saturday night New York programming. Not sure of where you are in the world, but here's a clip of the opening to the old WPIX 11 Chiller Theater I grew up with in the Tri-State Area.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 03:18 PM
Fallschirmjäger is currently offline Click here to Send Fallschirmjäger a Private Message Find more posts by Fallschirmjäger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I grew up in NYC. Aaaaaahhh!!! To the 6 fingered hand!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 08:31 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fallschirmjäger

I grew up in NYC. Aaaaaahhh!!! To the 6 fingered hand!

You remember this then? Very nice! Creature Features was also another great love of mine back then.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 10:56 PM
riv6672

Remember they always showed King Kong on Thanksgiving? Channel 9, i think!

Creature Features, what a flash back...smile

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 11:26 PM
Fallschirmjäger

Remember they always showed King Kong on Thanksgiving? Channel 9, i think!

Creature Features, what a flash back...smile

King Kong (or whatever movie they showed) would play all day when I was little. And later they would play 3 Godzilla movies every day after Thanksgiving-it was King Kong vs. Godzilla Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster and Godzilla vs. Megalon

And as far as WOR 9, remember Fright Night at 1 AM Saturday\Sunday morning? Many good memories of that one!

Old Post Jul 20th, 2014 04:03 PM
riv6672

Haha, yes!

I've got one for you: Saturday afternoon drive in theater, with the badly dubbed kung fu movies!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 10:12 AM
Fallschirmjäger

Haha, yes!

I've got one for you: Saturday afternoon drive in theater, with the badly dubbed kung fu movies!

Oooo-h...you mean this ?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 05:07 PM
Fallschirmjäger

Y'know, another great movie that gave me sleepless nights was the old ABC made-for-TV movie Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark back in 1973. (Yes the one with the little monsters in the fireplace.) The night it premiered on ABC, I had a choice of going out with the youth group my mom and dad were in charge of (and spending the night with a bunch of hippies coming down from the 60's) or staying home and seeing this movie.

So as you can guess, I stayed home and watched the movie, and didn't sleep. While rather dated by today's standards, the film occasionally manages to put me at that point in time when I was little and scared. The 70's era TV horror movie was the king of it's day!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 05:14 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by Fallschirmjäger
Oooo-h...you mean this ?

Hell yes!!!

And, Dont be Afraid of the Dark is one of the scariest movies i watched as a kid...!

Remember a movie called Gargoyles?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 10:48 PM
Fallschirmjäger

Hell yes!!!

And, Dont be Afraid of the Dark is one of the scariest movies i watched as a kid...!

Remember a movie called Gargoyles?

Oh man how could I forget Gargoyles? I saw it when it first premiered on the CBS movie. Cornel Wilde was the professor, and a young Scott Glenn played one of the motorcycle gang who helped the police fight the creatures. Also look for a now-deceased Grayson Hall as the drunken hotel manager. Hall was also Dr, Julia Hoffman in the original Dark Shadows TV series, later played by cult legend Barbara Steele in the TV series remake with Ben Cross as Barnabas.

That was one awesome movie, and it was also the first FX-makeup job of a young Stan Winston. Bernie Casey played the Gargoyle leader, and it's said that a young Richard Moll played one of the Gargoyles. How do I know all of this, why I have the DVD of course!

Hey you're really cool, man. Remembering all this stuff just as much as me. Feel free to drop me a line whenever, you're always welcome! big grin Have one on me! beer

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2014 03:27 AM
riv6672

Ha, thank you!

The make up effects were great in that movie. The gargoyle leader was both scary and handsome. Only thing i can compare it to is the Darkness character in Legend. You really know your stuff...thumb up

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2014 09:55 AM
Fallschirmjäger

Ha, thank you!

The make up effects were great in that movie. The gargoyle leader was both scary and handsome. Only thing i can compare it to is the Darkness character in Legend. You really know your stuff...thumb up

Thanks, but the only reason I "know my stuff" is because I read the back of the DVD cover, LOL Well I'm only half-truthful because I also looked it up on the "Net and the IMDB and all that, so I'm kind of cheating laughing

Nice observation about the Gargoyle leader, he was scary and sort of a ladies man among the single green females in his harem, lol And yes, Darkness from Legend does come to mind with the facial features. Did Stan Winston create him too? Wouldn't surprise me if he did.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2014 03:50 PM
riv6672

I looked it up, and it was a gent named Rob Bottin, who did work on movies like The Howling, ine of the first grown up werewolf movies i remember seeing...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 10:20 AM
Fallschirmjäger

I looked it up, and it was a gent named Rob Bottin, who did work on movies like The Howling, ine of the first grown up werewolf movies i remember seeing...

You mean for Legend? Because the IMDB has Stan Winston as the man for Gargoyles.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 06:14 PM
riv6672

My bad, yeah i meant Legend!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 09:58 PM
MummyRuby
Restricted

Account Restricted

awesome thread

Old Post Sep 1st, 2014 03:30 PM
MummyRuby is currently offline Click here to Send MummyRuby a Private Message Find more posts by MummyRuby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aquitaine

Gremlins left an impression for sure. For many years.
Even now when I open a kitchen cupboard at night I think of the scene where the Gremlin pops out of the cupboard when Billy dresses his wound at the school.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 08:15 AM
Aquitaine is currently offline Click here to Send Aquitaine a Private Message Find more posts by Aquitaine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PearlMovies

Evil dead and Insidious chapter 2

Old Post Dec 27th, 2014 10:44 AM
PearlMovies is currently offline Click here to Send PearlMovies a Private Message Find more posts by PearlMovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote