KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » What will the future be like in 2 THOUSAND years?

What will the future be like in 2 THOUSAND years?
Started by: Hewhoknowsall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

Account Restricted

What will the future be like in 2 THOUSAND years?

This is assuming that:

Humanity is still around
There was no nuclear holocaust/global warming devastation that sent us back to the stone age or anything like that
We have not been taken over by machines or anything like that


__________________
Introduce a little government. Upset the established gangs, and everything becomes order...
Democracy is the very definition of awesome.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 08:11 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

That's a lot of assumptions


__________________


Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 04:15 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basy132
Restricted

Gender:
Location:

Account Restricted

vast technological advances
same world problems, politics,govt.,enviroment
oil crisis may be solved
prbly nuthin like the jetsons,although that's more cause of safety

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 05:15 AM
basy132 is currently offline Click here to Send basy132 a Private Message Find more posts by basy132 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

Flying cars and woman like Back to the future and matrix .

I would really like to see a real Star wars

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 05:43 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by coolmovies
Flying cars and woman like Back to the future and matrix .

I would really like to see a real Star wars


in 2 THOUSAND years we probably/hopefully would've evolved beyond SW tech/life by quite a bit.


__________________
Introduce a little government. Upset the established gangs, and everything becomes order...
Democracy is the very definition of awesome.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 11:02 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Britain

"Planet Of The Apes"


__________________

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 11:15 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
in 2 THOUSAND years we probably/hopefully would've evolved beyond SW tech/life by quite a bit.


Very much doubt that.

depends if religion is still around, if there will still be wars mainly in the middle east. or maybe the religious ones can pull their head out of their asses and stop this stupid fighting and embrace the one true religion
Jedism smile


__________________

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 06:46 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

They need the force

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 07:01 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

Re: What will the future be like in 2 THOUSAND years?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
This is assuming that:

Humanity is still around
There was no nuclear holocaust/global warming devastation that sent us back to the stone age or anything like that
We have not been taken over by machines or anything like that

You just described Utopia stick out tongue


__________________

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 07:04 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

Utopia? the one in dr who?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 07:23 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthmaul1
Very much doubt that.

depends if religion is still around, if there will still be wars mainly in the middle east. or maybe the religious ones can pull their head out of their asses and stop this stupid fighting and embrace the one true religion
Jedism smile


I mean in terms of technology. Many of the things that SW has is already available/almost available to us. Add in 2000 years... think about how far we've advanced in the last 2000 years. Then take into the account that technology increases exponentially.


__________________
Introduce a little government. Upset the established gangs, and everything becomes order...
Democracy is the very definition of awesome.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 08:44 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
I mean in terms of technology. Many of the things that SW has is already available/almost available to us. Add in 2000 years... think about how far we've advanced in the last 2000 years. Then take into the account that technology increases exponentially.


That is true we've gone from spears to arrows to bullets, and walking to riding horses to cars and planes.
I don't think it will be possible to go as fast or faster than the speed of light. it's just too damn fast.

It would be interesting if when we die. death is the next step in our evolution and we are able to go where ever and do what ever in the cosmos. you could then sit above a city and fast forward time to see how we evolve. and it would look like the movie time machine.


__________________

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 09:14 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

Gender: Male
Location: Serenno

Wouldn't it be cool, that in the future, that they could transfer your conciseness into a computer and you could choose the world of your choice, like SW.

That would be so cool, you could finally be a Jedi for real, well kinda.


__________________

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 03:05 PM
Count Makashi is currently offline Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

Also it depends if FTL travel is possible or not


__________________


Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 09:13 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Pittsburgh

in 2000 years Humanity will probably be where it was 1000 years ago. All of this has happened and all of this will happen again. Yeah, i know it's cheesy but it's probably true. Look, we're just shitting on each other and the planet until another asteroid crashes into the planet. After that happens everything will burn. All life will be burned into memory. All except for a few single celled organism which will find solace near the center of the Earth. After the surface cools, these Single celled organisms will emerge and water will return. After water returns. The cycle of life and evolution will happen all over again. Five thousand years from now, i will be typing this same exact sentence on this same exact site. I will be doing so while waiting for history to repeat itself again because that's what life is...,repetition.

Consciousness was an accident. It was never meant to happen. In an attempt to correct this mistake, Nature gave us a chance, at least until our sun goes super nova. Unfortunately, history never changes. It only repeats itself. So, yeah, we're all screwed.


__________________
"If you tell the truth, you never have to remember anything" -Twain
(sig by Scythe)

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 07:28 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States, Earth

wo nice thread. and it's one of my top favorite topics to discuss. The future.

I remember watching back to the future pt2 exactly 8 times in a row in theatres (once every weekend) cause I was so fascinated with the future and the movie's brilliant depiction of it. as a kid, and still till this day, the distant future and what it'd be like was and still is almost an obsession with me. I consder myself a pure futurist.

I imagine future society 2000 years from now, given the thread starters' circumstances, to be automated. I mean that includes everything reasonably possible product and service wise. i'd be optional, as well. then that would bring elimination of human labor/toil followed by the end of the money system.

I forsee the occurance of first contact with intelligent extraterrestrial life well within just a thousand years due to advanced spacecraft propulsion and the possble use of antimatter as a fuel enegry sorce along with space time mastery, wormholes and such or (or space shortcuts) and advance spacial and telesatelite communications that will exist that can detect life sustaining planets with other advanced civilizations in it with super ease. maybe we'll be apart of a multiplanetary UN version of planets hundreds of other intelligent planets teaming with us.

humans on earth will no doubt live longer perhaps a few hundred years due to super advancements in stem cell research. human deseases would cease to exist as well as genetic birth defects as all of this can be done before the embryonic fetal stage due to fully mastering and unlocking the entire DNA helix down to the very last atom. and problems would be added or removed from sequence.

lol I could keep going on and on for days but my washing machine looks like it's coming to a stop..

i'll continue later on..


__________________
"The darkside, Sidious, is an illness no true Sith wishes to be cured of, my young apprentice .."

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 11:05 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Relentless

Gender: Male
Location: My own little world

Moderator

Extinct.


__________________


"We are not children of celestial f*ckin' light, walkin' arm-in-arm into the Age of Aquarius. We are wankers who
wreck the planet an' piss on each other, 'til half the world's starvin' an' the other half's busy findin'
new ways to keep from noticin' it. That's the f*ckin' limit've our potential, believe me."

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 11:09 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
wo nice thread. and it's one of my top favorite topics to discuss. The future.

I remember watching back to the future pt2 exactly 8 times in a row in theatres (once every weekend) cause I was so fascinated with the future and the movie's brilliant depiction of it. as a kid, and still till this day, the distant future and what it'd be like was and still is almost an obsession with me. I consder myself a pure futurist.

I imagine future society 2000 years from now, given the thread starters' circumstances, to be automated. I mean that includes everything reasonably possible product and service wise. i'd be optional, as well. then that would bring elimination of human labor/toil followed by the end of the money system.

I forsee the occurance of first contact with intelligent extraterrestrial life well within just a thousand years due to advanced spacecraft propulsion and the possble use of antimatter as a fuel enegry sorce along with space time mastery, wormholes and such or (or space shortcuts) and advance spacial and telesatelite communications that will exist that can detect life sustaining planets with other advanced civilizations in it with super ease. maybe we'll be apart of a multiplanetary UN version of planets hundreds of other intelligent planets teaming with us.

humans on earth will no doubt live longer perhaps a few hundred years due to super advancements in stem cell research. human deseases would cease to exist as well as genetic birth defects as all of this can be done before the embryonic fetal stage due to fully mastering and unlocking the entire DNA helix down to the very last atom. and problems would be added or removed from sequence.

lol I could keep going on and on for days but my washing machine looks like it's coming to a stop..

i'll continue later on..


Cool, nice ideas

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
in 2000 years Humanity will probably be where it was 1000 years ago. All of this has happened and all of this will happen again. Yeah, i know it's cheesy but it's probably true. Look, we're just shitting on each other and the planet until another asteroid crashes into the planet. After that happens everything will burn. All life will be burned into memory. All except for a few single celled organism which will find solace near the center of the Earth. After the surface cools, these Single celled organisms will emerge and water will return. After water returns. The cycle of life and evolution will happen all over again. Five thousand years from now, i will be typing this same exact sentence on this same exact site. I will be doing so while waiting for history to repeat itself again because that's what life is...,repetition.

Consciousness was an accident. It was never meant to happen. In an attempt to correct this mistake, Nature gave us a chance, at least until our sun goes super nova. Unfortunately, history never changes. It only repeats itself. So, yeah, we're all screwed.


Please read the OP.


__________________
Introduce a little government. Upset the established gangs, and everything becomes order...
Democracy is the very definition of awesome.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 07:27 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Pittsburgh

You didn't say anything about asteroids or natural disasters lol


If humanity were able to escape the next 2000 years without self made or natural disasters. I imagine that it would be much like our current world but far more advanced. I'm not even going to begin to fathom where humanities political or societal status would be because i'm assuming that this question is more about technology than anything. As long as the world isn't being strangled by a dictatorship then i'm sure the Jetsons is a fair assumption, minus the flying cars. Flying cars just can't work. It's to impractical. Travel, however would most likely be effortless. Humanity would probably be able to span the world within minutes. I'm sure there would also be colonies on the Moon or Mars. This questions is to hard to answer though. There are to many variables for me.

I don't think humanity will be any closer to a utopian society. The world will still be divided by, nations, countries and land. Technology will change everything though. I think it's a fair theory to believe, even now, that humans will not die of natural causes in the not to distant future. Cybernetics will also most likely be common. It's possible that humans in 2000 years will be superhuman by todays standards what with Genetic engineering and cybernetics.

Just imagine where the world would be today had we never experienced the dark ages.


__________________
"If you tell the truth, you never have to remember anything" -Twain
(sig by Scythe)

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 07:02 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mardook
Easier said than done!

Gender: Male
Location: North

Miffed

2,000 years from now is such a long time. With the way that things have been progressing these past few years... my guess is that we'll either be extinct or evolved/devolved into new or multiple forms. The planet is overpopulated, I mean, the earth has probably never had to contend with so many conscience living beings actively or unwittingly destroying their lifeboat. So, it could go either way... imagine if we somehow were to have put away childish things and looked forward then we would likely have been colonizing our solar system by this time. That's not the case though so its possible we will destroy ourselves through war, man-made super diseases bourne out of pre-emptive genetic modification. Hell, look at kids today, they cannot eat a peanut without worrying about being killed by it. The other way we would change would be with the earth changing and our physiological systems adapting to the change. We may evolve or devolve in unique ways, maybe some people in different parts of the world will change. I know that mutations take millions of years but add genetic modification to that mix and you add a new factor into those variables. Some of us here probably never get much sun and stay attached to thess machines all day or night and thus, our children imitate what we do. Their future offspring's offspring will likely become brainy, pastey skinned, albino, salt vampires. (I'm kiddin!) The sexes will probably disappear at some point, humans will be as anatomically mute as mannequins. Mainstream media and this desire to be beautiful seems to emphasize the goal of looking like a plastic model. In that vanity scheme, sexes will mingle or blur until their is nothing. War will still rage because its a large part of the religious belief system to assimilate others into the fold. Governments will likely still exist, people have to feel important. Its kind of like today... you feel that fuzzy static in the air whenever you go outside. Tension, like the world will fall apart at any second. That feeling will never go away, even after 2,000 years. How's that?


__________________
Omnia Sol Temperata...

Old Post Oct 6th, 2009 10:45 AM
mardook is currently offline Click here to Send mardook a Private Message Find more posts by mardook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 02:12 PM.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » What will the future be like in 2 THOUSAND years?

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.