KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » What will the future be like in 2 THOUSAND years?

What will the future be like in 2 THOUSAND years?
Started by: Hewhoknowsall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Re: What will the future be like in 2 THOUSAND years?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
This is assuming that:

1) Humanity is still around
- highly likely

quote:
2) There was no nuclear holocaust/global warming devastation that sent us back to the stone age or anything like that
- russian and china are loose cannons, there's a chance this could happen given current circumstances

quote:
3) We have not been taken over by machines or anything like that
- highly unlikely...there's no such thing as AI, only VI. although i believe in "aliens" or other worldly beings...so alien overlords?

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2009 11:19 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
full_movies_43
Restricted

Account Restricted

Humans will become slaves of Robots.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2009 03:29 PM
full_movies_43 is currently offline Click here to Send full_movies_43 a Private Message Find more posts by full_movies_43 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doan_m

Clearly, the fish people emerge from Atlantis to put an end to all of us land dwellers.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 04:59 AM
doan_m is currently offline Click here to Send doan_m a Private Message Find more posts by doan_m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

you been watching too many aquaman programmes. aliens will come down and inter-breed with us, creating a super race...and we'll leave the planet in search of better water quality...

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 05:49 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by CadoAngelus
you been watching too many aquaman programmes. aliens will come down and inter-breed with us, creating a super race...and we'll leave the planet in search of better water quality...

You do know that the likelihood of aliens having compatible DNA with humans is practically nonexistent, right? Aliens probably will not even be organic.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 02:37 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by Endless Mike
You do know that the likelihood of aliens having compatible DNA with humans is practically nonexistent, right? Aliens probably will not even be organic.

how about, orgasmic? awwwwwwwww yeah cool

You're right, aliens'll probably not have compatible DNA to humans at all. Like dogs don't have compatible DNA to chickens...but i don't get why you think they won't be organic...

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 03:11 PM
doan_m

You're right, aliens'll probably not have compatible DNA to humans at all. Like dogs don't have compatible DNA to chickens...but i don't get why you think they won't be organic... [/B]

Anything is possible when it comes to life outside in the galaxy. For all we care the first race of aliens we could encounter could breath sulphur hexafluoride and be comprised of Silicon and Iron(strange as it is).

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 03:16 PM
doan_m is currently offline Click here to Send doan_m a Private Message Find more posts by doan_m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

oh yeah, i have no doubt that our first alien encounter will baffle science with how they're made up - i have no doubt about that whatsoever. but what defines when something is organic...

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 05:46 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Organic is when carbon compounds are the main molecule used for life functions

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 11:32 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Liberator
Mums Gardener

I highly doubt there will be an Earth in 2,000 years. Or at least, human civilization will be gone.

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 02:31 PM
Liberator is currently offline Click here to Send Liberator a Private Message Find more posts by Liberator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Organic is when carbon compounds are the main molecule used for life functions

thank you

sorry, lol, i've never actual tried to understand what organic meant. now i do

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 01:21 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

What will the future be like in 2 THOUSAND years?

It will be more different and unimaginable to us than our time would be to someone living 2000 years ago.

If we aren't extinct, space will figure heavily in that future. I don't see current forms of government or economy surviving; if nothing else, technology will bring us new realization and awareness about who we are. We will need to consider a Bigger Picture in how we organize ourselves.

I'd like to think we will become a more compassionate species.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 11:14 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by Mindship
It will be more different and unimaginable to us than our time would be to someone living 2000 years ago.

If we aren't extinct, space will figure heavily in that future. I don't see current forms of government or economy surviving; if nothing else, technology will bring us new realization and awareness about who we are. We will need to consider a Bigger Picture in how we organize ourselves.

I'd like to think we will become a more compassionate species.

given the current social standing i hope so too.

i feel people are very ignorant, arrogent, have serious attitude problems, want more in return for what they give, steal, beg, don't expect to be blamed for what they do, are quick to blame everyone else...i'll stop now. i'm sure other people have found this out...and i hope in the future as we will never know it, this all changes.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 12:49 AM
Rapidash

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
This is assuming that:

Humanity is still around
There was no nuclear holocaust/global warming devastation that sent us back to the stone age or anything like that
We have not been taken over by machines or anything like that

Look at how things changed from the tenth century to the eighteenth, as well as how things changed from the eighteenth to the twentieth. Also from the 1980's to today.

The leaps humanity has made makes it impossible to predict where we are in another two thousand years.

Perspective

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 07:56 PM
Rapidash is currently offline Click here to Send Rapidash a Private Message Find more posts by Rapidash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Who cares....

Old Post Dec 6th, 2009 06:14 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mardook
Easier said than done!

One thing for certain is that we will all be one thousand, nine hundred and fifty years dead. As for humanity if it is still around, they will probably be pretty much like us today. Fighting over stuff... being nosey about things... making assumptions... makng bad movies about the Titanic. :P

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 01:47 PM
mardook is currently offline Click here to Send mardook a Private Message Find more posts by mardook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by mardook
One thing for certain is that we will all be one thousand, nine hundred and fifty years dead. As for humanity if it is still around, they will probably be pretty much like us today. Fighting over stuff... being nosey about things... making assumptions... makng bad movies about the Titanic. :P
Which one, the ship, or the interplanetary cruiser?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 11:20 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Which one, the ship, or the interplanetary cruiser?

Dr Who reference?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 12:50 AM
Dr Mystery
Supervillain Sensation

Antique shops will be filled with Ikea tables and Scarface posters.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 01:15 AM
Dr Mystery is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Mystery a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Mystery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Dr Who reference?
Dr what?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 05:23 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote