KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Taskmaster Revamped Respect Thread

Taskmaster Revamped Respect Thread
Started by: AlmightyKfish

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Now, just a couple of my favourite Taskmaster moments...

The Deadpool/Tasky friendship is one of my favourites in comics, due to the fact it works so well, I mean, they're pretty similar, although they're both killers and mercs, both still have some redeeming qualities, unlike other mercs like Bullseye, Mr X etc, and both a sense of humar and really play off each other well, here's a couple of scenes that I think show some of that well-
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

And this scan I just like b/c it's a showing of what happens if people damage one of the few people Tasky really cares about. Sandi's boyfriend put her in hospital after beating her, and she made Deadpool promise not to kill him, who grudgingly agreed. Unfortunatly for that guy, Tasky was not forgiving either-

(please log in to view the image)

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 08:54 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish

And that concludes what I've got...

Thanks for being patient, and feel free to comment as you please...

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 08:55 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Great thread! thumb up thumb up thumb up Taskmaster is awesome. Hope you're gonna keep it updated.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 10:25 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warrior18
Keyboard Warrior

Nice revamp.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2009 05:23 PM
Warrior18 is currently offline Click here to Send Warrior18 a Private Message Find more posts by Warrior18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Nice thread, I really hate the anime-influenced primary color boardgame/saturday morning cartoon crap colors and art style on a lot of these. Tasky deserves better than this.

Udon Studios produced arguably the best art ever seen on Deadpool/Taskmaster. They made Task look menacing, not stupid.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Oct 11th, 2009 07:30 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Udon Studios produced arguably the best art ever seen on Deadpool/Taskmaster. They made Task look menacing, not stupid.

-AC

Agreed, UDON's work was a great fit for Tasky/Deadpool/Agent X etc..

Anyway, be expecting updates when Tasky has some good showing in A:TI, or Siege as he is offered a seat on the Cabal by Osborn...

Old Post Oct 11th, 2009 08:40 PM
AlmightyKfish

Heh, this isn't that much of a feat, but it made me laugh.
http://www.imagebam.com/image/dc5c6457643397

From New Avengers #59, Tasky hits Bullseye and pwns him.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2009 06:04 PM
SamZED

lol yeah i loved it too. Great thread.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2009 11:50 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kasper Gutman

I'll have to look for a really old issue of Cap America. It has Taskmaster knocking Cap out and he explains how Cap fights.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2010 10:39 AM
Kasper Gutman is currently offline Click here to Send Kasper Gutman a Private Message Find more posts by Kasper Gutman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish

Origin/Explanation
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Retelling of Tasky's origin from A:TI #32, note he states that he never has bad days and forgets/messes up moves, and hte fact he basically states he's better than Crossbones.

Fighting Skill

Takes out two Asgardians easily with his speed/skill, Asgardians being superhuman opponents equal to about Spiderman in strength etc (According to the issue)
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 04:37 PM
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Great scans, Tasky rocks.

"I`m the #$%$ Taskmaster!"

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 08:58 PM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish

Some new feats from the latest two issues of A:TI

Very quick fight against Fandral/Hogun, the majority happens off panel later in the issue.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

This is from the latest issue and is pretty damn impressive. Taskmaster fights Steve and Bucky at the same time, then just Bucky.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)
Note how he's deflecting bullets whilst fighting Steve, and the only time either Steve or Bucky tag Tasky is when he's distracted by the other one (throwing sword at Bucky and yelling after Steve when he goes to fight Osborn).
Pretty impressive as we all know how good Cap is, and Bucky is one of the worlds greatest assassins and was reknowned for his h2h skills.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 11:55 AM
SamZED

^Effing awesome! He disarmed Bucky while punching Cap in the face, great scans.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 12:12 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish

Also realised, him recognising New Cap as Bucky is another example of his ability to recognise individual fighting styles easily, even if they're mixed with other moves...

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 05:28 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I'm not okay with Bucky blocking TM's attack. Hope he'll get his ass whooped in the next issue.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 09:42 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I'm not okay with Bucky blocking TM's attack. Hope he'll get his ass whooped in the next issue.

Tbf, he blocked it with his newest robotic arm.

Anyone else had done that and they would have one quarter less limbs.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 11:57 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Tbf, he blocked it with his newest robotic arm.

Anyone else had done that and they would have one quarter less limbs.

Ah, of course. Silly me... I completely forgot about that arm of his... embarrasment

Old Post Mar 27th, 2010 12:12 AM
SamZED

Cage jumped TM and saved Bucky's butt.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2010 10:24 AM
khazra

Originally posted by SamZED
Cage jumped TM and saved Bucky's butt.

In which comic was that?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2010 03:19 PM
khazra is currently offline Click here to Send khazra a Private Message Find more posts by khazra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by khazra
In which comic was that?

New Avengers #63.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2010 03:29 PM