KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » My problem (s) with the Twilight series

My problem (s) with the Twilight series
Started by: Omnislash Kid

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
Jacob's the one that "rape-kissed" her and then raped her 1 year old daughter, right?

Jacobs the one with the long hair and looked like a shemale..then he gets a hair cut...still a shemale tho...

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 08:05 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ladyluck

Originally posted by Bardock42
Jacob's the one that "rape-kissed" her and then raped her 1 year old daughter, right?

Um, well.. no roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 09:27 PM
Ladyluck is currently offline Click here to Send Ladyluck a Private Message Find more posts by Ladyluck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LaughLiveScream
B.A.M.F.

Originally posted by Ladyluck

Kinda wink

Old Post Sep 25th, 2009 01:06 PM
LaughLiveScream is currently offline Click here to Send LaughLiveScream a Private Message Find more posts by LaughLiveScream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
*happy that she is not one of the girls that Twilight has eaten in its tracks*

Bella makes girls look bad. -_-' I'm convinced that something's wrong with her. "Oh, you're a vampire, and you supposedly eat people? I think I love you." "Oh, you left me, now I'm gonna jump off a cliff to cliff dive so i can hear your voice in my head. I have issues, but instead of being normal about them, I choose to be stupid."

and a lot more. >>.

hell yeah!

plus she used the exact same character type for her "adult" novel The Host
that one was okay[despite all the abuse in it]

it always been 40% off at Borders for Borders Rewards members and 20% off for regular customers[wonder why???] the thing i hate though is that at Borders, the first thing i see when i go browsing for books is an entire shelf dedicated to Twilight crap

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 04:35 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
hell yeah!

plus she used the exact same character type for her "adult" novel The Host
that one was okay[despite all the abuse in it]

it always been 40% off at Borders for Borders Rewards members and 20% off for regular customers[wonder why???] the thing i hate though is that at Borders, the first thing i see when i go browsing for books is an entire shelf dedicated to Twilight crap

I actually cringe when I see a whole shelf dedicated to Twilight. >>.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 05:13 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Ladyluck
No, yeah, he is.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 08:53 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

I feel your same pain. Twilight is the reason why I stopped going to Barnes & Noble

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 11:36 PM
Omnislash Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Omnislash Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Omnislash Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

I <3 Twilight.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 01:31 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

my eyes start puking

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 08:02 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by Omnislash Kid
I feel your same pain. Twilight is the reason why I stopped going to Barnes & Noble

I know right. >>.

Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
my eyes start puking

that sounds so poetic stick out tongue

What annoys me most are rabid fangirls... ones that can't take it when we bash criticize the book.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 11:17 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

I know right. >>.

that sounds so poetic stick out tongue

What annoys me most are rabid fangirls... ones that can't take it when we bash criticize the book.

sounds poetic
isnt no expression

they only like it for that R Patz dood
why is beyond me though
i mean who in their right mind would like that thing???

(please log in to view the image)

maybe i shoud use him as my Halloween sig

Old Post Oct 6th, 2009 04:07 AM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

How silly, stopping going in to a WHOLE shop just because of a book series on one shelf...

There is this wonderful thing where you can ignore it and move on to where you want to look.

stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 7th, 2009 11:56 AM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by MildPossession
How silly, stopping going in to a WHOLE shop just because of a book series on one shelf...

There is this wonderful thing where you can ignore it and move on to where you want to look.

stick out tongue

it's everywhere. :shock: and you couldn't really ignore it. It's usually in front of the shop - it's like a deterrent for people who want to go in.

but I guess it is rather too much. big grin I just make exaggerated grossed out faces when I pass by the books.

no fan has attacked me just yet. heh.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2009 02:42 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Of course you can't ignore it in that way, but you ignore it another way as in not going up to the shelf and looking closer... quite simple. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 7th, 2009 05:08 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

Originally posted by MildPossession
Of course you can't ignore it in that way, but you ignore it another way as in not going up to the shelf and looking closer... quite simple. stick out tongue
no I've tried. the damn series is everywhere no matter what form it's in. It's either posters, books, random ass chess pieces, or signs for the damned series on the windows and doors. If Barnes and Noble wants to promote a crappy book like that so badly be my guest because I will never go there again if they think that's a book worth promoting that much (which doesn't say much for the books that are under promoted that deserve the attention)

Old Post Oct 10th, 2009 12:09 AM
Omnislash Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Omnislash Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Omnislash Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Where to start?

1. It is poorly written. I have actually read a fanfiction about a giant squid having sex with Hogwarts that was more skillfully written than Twilight.

2. The vampires are horrendously gay. They sparkle and don't have fangs. They aren't vampires. They're homosexual zombies.

3. The very fact that Edward is thought of as this perfect guy by all of these little teeny-bopper children is disgusting. He's emotionally abusive to Bella, and controlling. He leaves bruises on her after sex, yet this is supposed to be fine.

4. Even Jacob is a douchebag. He forces a kiss on Bella while injuring her...And Bella's father is fine with it. This is not even talking about the fact that he...Fell in love with an infant. erm

5. The undertones that "Domestic abuse is AWWWRIGHT as long as you remind yourself that he REARRY WUVS YOU!!!"

6. Bella is just an annoying Mary Stu who is basically just a not fat Stephenie Meyer, she is what Meyer wishes she was.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2009 06:08 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by NemeBro
Where to start?

1. It is poorly written. I have actually read a fanfiction about a giant squid having sex with Hogwarts that was more skillfully written than Twilight.

2. The vampires are horrendously gay. They sparkle and don't have fangs. They aren't vampires. They're homosexual zombies.

3. The very fact that Edward is thought of as this perfect guy by all of these little teeny-bopper children is disgusting. He's emotionally abusive to Bella, and controlling. He leaves bruises on her after sex, yet this is supposed to be fine.

4. Even Jacob is a douchebag. He forces a kiss on Bella while injuring her...And Bella's father is fine with it. This is not even talking about the fact that he...Fell in love with an infant. erm

5. The undertones that "Domestic abuse is AWWWRIGHT as long as you remind yourself that he REARRY WUVS YOU!!!"

6. Bella is just an annoying Mary Stu who is basically just a not fat Stephenie Meyer, she is what Meyer wishes she was.

Add in the fact that this vampire is old as shit but he still goes to High School...

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2009 06:23 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

it's everywhere. :shock: and you couldn't really ignore it. It's usually in front of the shop - it's like a deterrent for people who want to go in.

but I guess it is rather too much. big grin I just make exaggerated grossed out faces when I pass by the books.

no fan has attacked me just yet. heh.

maybe thats why kids these days would rather watch a movie based on a book than read the actual book

Old Post Oct 10th, 2009 08:55 AM
Kaworori

There's a myriad of reasons why I wouldn't read Twilight, not least because of the sheer embarrassment of having done so in the climate of mass derision which exists now, but quite plainly I'm sick of vampire novels about sex (or lack thereof).

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 03:45 AM
Kaworori is currently offline Click here to Send Kaworori a Private Message Find more posts by Kaworori Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bladewind

My problem with it is that everybody is crazy about it. It puts other vampire books into the shadows that are much better! Shiny skin ? What is wrong with those guys? This book is killing the true vampire!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 05:37 PM
Bladewind is currently offline Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote