plus she used the exact same character type for her "adult" novel The Host
that one was okay[despite all the abuse in it]
it always been 40% off at Borders for Borders Rewards members and 20% off for regular customers[wonder why???] the thing i hate though is that at Borders, the first thing i see when i go browsing for books is an entire shelf dedicated to Twilight crap
no I've tried. the damn series is everywhere no matter what form it's in. It's either posters, books, random ass chess pieces, or signs for the damned series on the windows and doors. If Barnes and Noble wants to promote a crappy book like that so badly be my guest because I will never go there again if they think that's a book worth promoting that much (which doesn't say much for the books that are under promoted that deserve the attention)
__________________ It was not impossible to build Rapture at the bottom of the ocean. It was impossible to build it anywhere else.
1. It is poorly written. I have actually read a fanfiction about a giant squid having sex with Hogwarts that was more skillfully written than Twilight.
2. The vampires are horrendously gay. They sparkle and don't have fangs. They aren't vampires. They're homosexual zombies.
3. The very fact that Edward is thought of as this perfect guy by all of these little teeny-bopper children is disgusting. He's emotionally abusive to Bella, and controlling. He leaves bruises on her after sex, yet this is supposed to be fine.
4. Even Jacob is a douchebag. He forces a kiss on Bella while injuring her...And Bella's father is fine with it. This is not even talking about the fact that he...Fell in love with an infant.
5. The undertones that "Domestic abuse is AWWWRIGHT as long as you remind yourself that he REARRY WUVS YOU!!!"
6. Bella is just an annoying Mary Stu who is basically just a not fat Stephenie Meyer, she is what Meyer wishes she was.
There's a myriad of reasons why I wouldn't read Twilight, not least because of the sheer embarrassment of having done so in the climate of mass derision which exists now, but quite plainly I'm sick of vampire novels about sex (or lack thereof).
My problem with it is that everybody is crazy about it. It puts other vampire books into the shadows that are much better! Shiny skin ? What is wrong with those guys? This book is killing the true vampire!