KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Gandalf vs Smaug

Gandalf vs Smaug
Started by: Hewhoknowsall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gandalf vs Smaug

Round 1: Gandalf the grey
2: Gandalf the white

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 07:28 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

I am going to say Gandalf, but this is a weird fight. Smaug is huge compared to a house let alone a man.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 07:48 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

That makes sense, since Gandalf defeated a balrog...

But how come he and the entire fellowship struggled to defeat a cave troll?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 11:07 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

They didnt actually fight a cave troll in the books, it was to make them seem more human in the movies.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 01:09 AM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

anyone?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 09:37 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

i recall the days in which people actually posted LOTR stuff in this forum...

Old Post Oct 12th, 2009 09:43 PM
Birch_Tree

If its a one on one physical fight, then Smaug would win 90% of the time, and probably draw much of the remaining 10%. While Gandalf is powerful and skilled in fighting, his true strength is in his wisdom and advice not in open combat.

Gandalf could not do much against a wolf and goblin raiding party, what chance would he have against a beast which destroyed two kingdoms when it was young and tender.

Gandalf does not know about Smaugs missing scale, and his sword is unlikely to penetrate the dragons defenses, and when it does it is unlikely to harm it to any great degree. I also suspect Smaug would be 'powerful' enough to overcome any spell which Gandalf might try to place over him, think back to Glaurung, and how he ravaged the armies of Elf lords of the first age, many of which could stand a chance against maiar (Balrog, Saruman) in open battle.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2012 08:03 AM
Birch_Tree is currently offline Click here to Send Birch_Tree a Private Message Find more posts by Birch_Tree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote