KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S04E03 - Ink

S04E03 - Ink
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

S04E03 - Ink

Official Episode Preview

Peter faces unexpected consequences for his heroic acts and encounters a reluctant new hero. As Claire continues to adjust to college life, she must figure out how to deal with her ability having been revealed. Meanwhile, Samuel moves heaven and earth to recapture the memories of his late brother Joseph. Elsewhere, Matt struggles with his internal demons as Sylar mysteriously resurfaces.

Ink Preview

Discuss...

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 03:10 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

The preview got me excited

hopefully we'll get a solid episode

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 03:11 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Looks good, just hope it doesn't disappoint.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 06:13 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Nuul
Looks good, just hope it doesn't disappoint.

Isn't that a recurring factor with the series these days? Solid trailers, weak episodes.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 06:13 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Matt/Sylar and William stories seem interesting but the are boring. I dont trust Claires friend.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 01:13 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Matt/Sylar and William stories seem interesting but the are boring. I dont trust Claires friend.

agree.. i am also wondering what power claire's friend with have

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 04:04 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

I wonder how Samuel will recruit Sylar. He's already 'recruited' Peter, and is about to recruit Claire afaik. Sylar will prove challenging.

On a side note, Matt seeing illusions was lulzy.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 05:25 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

It was an ok episode. Gotta admit I enjoyed the Matt/Sylar interactions. Matt got played. Im sure Claires friend is up to something. Maybe she kileed Claire's former room mate.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 06:11 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Lets have look at it....

Ummm......the old room mate was playing GH the party and invited Claire. Claire wanted to play with the new friend and they played. The old room mate gave a dirty look. Next scene is the old room mate is dead. The New friend just pops out of no where and now shes the new room mate.

Yeah, she killed her......dont know what shes up too or if she has a power though.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 06:41 PM
Darth Vicious

Lets have look at it....

Ummm......the old room mate was playing GH the party and invited Claire. Claire wanted to play with the new friend and they played. The old room mate gave a dirty look. Next scene is the old room mate is dead. The New friend just pops out of no where and now shes the new room mate.

Yeah, she killed her......dont know what shes up too or if she has a power though.

Shes also knows about Claire from her other school. Maybe shes related to someone that died because of Claire on season 1 and wants vengeance. Maybe we looking too much into it. =D

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 08:33 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

You guys are looking too much into it...It was Claude, the invisible man who's been present in every episode .

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 09:09 PM
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
You guys are looking too much into it...It was Claude, the invisible man who's been present in every episode .

I dont think Ive seen him before. big grin

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 11:08 PM
Trane871
Restricted

Account Restricted

Matt getting mindraped by Sylar was the best part of the episode imo. I REALLY hope Sylar gets his body back

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 11:24 PM
Trane871 is currently offline Click here to Send Trane871 a Private Message Find more posts by Trane871 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Excellent episode.
I'm just saying what should be said, but most won't because of how terrible last season were. but I find some recognition it's due here.

it was a great episode.

fun, engaging, focused and for most of it, entertaining.

Again, loved the Sylar/Matt story. I still hope it's not really Sylar in Matt's head (I find that ridiculous), but if that weren't the case at least I could say it's well written and their dynamic is pretty solid. Plus we get good old Sylar back (the evil one) and not have to endure flip-flopping and out of character behavior like last season. Hopefully he won't return just yet for a couple more episodes
btw: how sick was Matt's hallucination?

Claire bits were entertaining, but not all that great. At least she sounds more confident about her decisions... too bad it looks like she gets betrayed...

Samuel, once again great character, his power was subtly used to fool Peter but his charmed (or acting) got the job done... and then he plucks the mansion into a sinkhole... I wish they showed us how it sunk, but i was still a good moment.

the biggest surprise was Emma: introduced out of nowhere (but subtly done) no seeming connection to any other character and having a cool (though relatively useless) ability... all done without any kind of exposition (Sylar "I used your ability against you"not needed), and IMO it didn't felt like it dragged the episode at all (unlike say Maya and Alejandro). Deanne Bray did and wonderful job with the character.
What I like the most about though, was that her subplot felt a lot different than what we're used to (conspiracy theories, self-doubt, manhunts). Instead, it was heart-felt, human, the simple beauty and confusion of having an ability... you know?, like back on S1... Genesis?, that kind of feel that we missed so much?

I hope this keeps up.
The trailer showed more than what actually happened, but this focus on fewer characters really paid off

Last edited by S_D_J on Sep 30th, 2009 at 04:24 AM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 04:22 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, I really enjoyed this episode. Agreed on Emma bringing back that human confusion at something new; whereas all of the characters we know and love are well into using their abilities, she is marveling at the fact that she even has one and it allows her to somewhat understand something she has no comprehension of normally.

Sylar playing Matt was simply awesome.

Samuel duping Peter was also quite good. Definitely enjoyed the little snippets we got of Samuel's background- visiting the house he grew up in and then trashing it when people acted like stuck-up bitches. I was sympathetic to the villain... oh dear. Also cringed a little for Peter when Samuel asked if he had ever lost a brother and Peter answered no... it's like 'Oh ****, if only you knew, Pete...'

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 07:40 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Well, i can see an improvement(i like the new character and her introduction)...but i cant stand the actor playing Samuel....he just does not feel real to me ( and i hated him in Prison break also)....and i actually started to get agitated when Sylar and Matt's stupid game was being played...i found it dull and predictable.... i like how the episode was structured...and the focus on less characters....but i see no real improvement with the characters and the lame setups they have....Claire on the first or second day at school jumps out the window to see how the girl died....within days or hours of the original girl who died....who thinks of these lame plots?...claire bear drama with dad...how many times?...Uugghhh....an improvement...but also a step back i.m.o

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 11:54 AM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

less drama more action

TGFwashere

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 03:23 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Hey am I missing anything or does this show still suck?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 03:38 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by starlock
Well, i can see an improvement(i like the new character and her introduction)...but i cant stand the actor playing Samuel....he just does not feel real to me ( and i hated him in Prison break also)....and i actually started to get agitated when Sylar and Matt's stupid game was being played...i found it dull and predictable.... i like how the episode was structured...and the focus on less characters....but i see no real improvement with the characters and the lame setups they have....Claire on the first or second day at school jumps out the window to see how the girl died....within days or hours of the original girl who died....who thinks of these lame plots?...claire bear drama with dad...how many times?...Uugghhh....an improvement...but also a step back i.m.o

If you didn't like Knepper back then, I would understand why you don't like him now...
..but I find his performance is different enough now in Heroes, he hasn't done much than just talk, but back in Prison Break he was truly despicable, as Samuel he's more sympathetic and subtle, yet menacing enough to play the villain.

I did like the storyline with Claire. I don't see drama with her and Noah, she actually made a mature and pretty forward decision this time around (though it seems it won't pay off) and Noah actually let her, instead of the crap he's done before, that was pretty well written (I actually expected him to warn Claire about some dirt he dug up on Gretchen, but they didn't show anything, so that was a surprise)

Heroes has never been an award winner, Shakespearean affair (except maybe for Company Man). Not even on Season 1. It's based on comic books, it has the same structure, logic gets out the window the moment any ability show up. Consistency and Continuity is its biggest narrative problem, but if it's not entertaining enough, it's worthless.

Last episode was quite entertaining.

Originally posted by Quincy
Hey am I missing anything or does this show still suck?

If you're willing to forget most that happened last two seasons (more especificaly characted development) then no... it's not all that sucky
... not acording to the latest episode at least

Last edited by S_D_J on Sep 30th, 2009 at 05:45 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 05:37 PM
Quincy
Debaser

I dont know man. I think it plays out as if the writers think we are all retarded.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 05:41 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote