KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Kratos takes on Organization XIII

Kratos takes on Organization XIII
Started by: EvilAngel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EvilAngel
Over the hills

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XanatosForever
You could be right, considering there are not many mandatory events, or even cutscenes, depicting the Fleece's limits.

I'll admit my knowledge of Kratos's spells is almost nothing. But from what I've seen of Kratos, this is the worse possible enemy for him.

Xigbar can not only change the direction of projectiles to make sure he always hits dead on. But he can also alter the space of terrain. Making holes or ground where there was not before.

As a side note; if Kratos surviving 200 feat is a good durability feat for him then he's in trouble if he's fightning a guy who could alter the space on the floor to go much deeper than that.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 08:13 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Kratos didn't survive a 200 foot fall...Lol.

He was sent flying for miles and through a thick stone roof.

Assuming they are talking about the feat I am thinking of.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 09:56 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Originally posted by EvilAngel
I'll admit my knowledge of Kratos's spells is almost nothing. But from what I've seen of Kratos, this is the worse possible enemy for him.

Xigbar can not only change the direction of projectiles to make sure he always hits dead on. But he can also alter the space of terrain. Making holes or ground where there was not before.

As a side note; if Kratos surviving 200 feat is a good durability feat for him then he's in trouble if he's fightning a guy who could alter the space on the floor to go much deeper than that.
actually it will depend on the environment they are in. nether the less he will just have to keep moving Kratos has his arrows which he can rapid shot.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 09:58 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Sounds more like a gameplay thingy. Aren't those not allowed?
Not really in certain circumstances. (IE Link and altair)

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 10:01 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by Phanteros
actually it will depend on the environment they are in. nether the less he will just have to keep moving Kratos has his arrows which he can rapid shot.
I've already stated the locations of each fight.

Kratos doesn't get past Xigbar until someone can put up a good arguement as to why =\

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 10:03 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Kratos' Golden Fleece covers his left arm past the shoulder, and the only cutscene we saw him blocking it with that, so yeah, that is probably how it is used.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 10:07 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

I've already stated the locations of each fight.

Kratos doesn't get past Xigbar until someone can put up a good arguement as to why =\
Lets see he can pull out what Sora did to him and bat his attacks back at him. he can also just stone Xigbar can shatter him.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 10:09 PM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by Phanteros
Lets see he can pull out what Sora did to him and bat his attacks back at him. he can also just stone Xigbar can shatter him.

First of all prove you don't need a Keyblade to do that. As only Sora can do that, not donald nor Goofy.

Second, it was PIS anyway, with his powers Xigbar could've redirected them.

That would work but Xigbar has shown the ability to hit dead on without even being present before his targets.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 10:12 PM
NemeBro

First of all prove you don't need a Keyblade to do that. As only Sora can do that, not donald nor Goofy.
That's faulty reasoning...You need to prove only a Keyblade can do so, not the other way around. I doubt Kratos could ride them, but block them? Sure.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 10:16 PM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by NemeBro
That's faulty reasoning...You need to prove only a Keyblade can do so, not the other way around. I doubt Kratos could ride them, but block them? Sure.

Okay, how about, you can't hurt them until you get the keyblade? Or the fact that only Sora can do it. Or that only Sora displayed the ability to use the powers of enemies he was fighting, which is the logical explanation why Xigbar didn't redirect them back.

That why i doubt Kratos can do it. Highly.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 10:38 PM
NemeBro

Okay, how about, you can't hurt them until you get the keyblade? Or the fact that only Sora can do it. Or that only Sora displayed the ability to use the powers of enemies he was fighting, which is the logical explanation why Xigbar didn't redirect them back.

That why i doubt Kratos can do it. Highly.
Can't hurt him until you get the Keyblade? You have it before you meet him...Sora might only be able to do it because only he has the reflexes to do so, and because of gameplay. no expression As for using the powers, wut?

I mean he could reflect them, not ride them like Sora did.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 10:41 PM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Can't hurt him until you get the Keyblade? You have it before you meet him...Sora might only be able to do it because only he has the reflexes to do so, and because of gameplay. no expression As for using the powers, wut?

I mean he could reflect them, not ride them like Sora did.

I was speaking about Nobodies in general. You can't hurt them until you get a Keyblade in the game. No, he can only doing it because of gameplay essentially.

Prove it, lol

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 11:20 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I think we call that a no limit fallacy and dismiss it. Which is why Ganon can be hurt by things other than the Master Sword and Light Arrows for these threads.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 11:27 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I was speaking about Nobodies in general. You can't hurt them until you get a Keyblade in the game. No, he can only doing it because of gameplay essentially.

Prove it, lol
Others in KH can destroy Nobodies without.

He can do so to Zeus' lightning, which has destroyed buildsings. Something Xigbar has not done. no expression

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 11:34 PM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Others in KH can destroy Nobodies without.

He can do so to Zeus' lightning, which has destroyed buildsings. Something Xigbar has not done. no expression

Like who? If gameplay feats are not canon, i challenge you to find me one person who can hurt nobodies. Riku excluded.

Is lightning and the attacks of Xigbar the same?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 11:38 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Don't Leon and the others fight Nobodies in cut scenes? Or was that just Heartless?

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 11:48 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Don't Leon and the others fight Nobodies in cut scenes? Or was that just Heartless?

Just heartless

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 11:52 PM
NemeBro

Like who? If gameplay feats are not canon, i challenge you to find me one person who can hurt nobodies. Riku excluded.

Is lightning and the attacks of Xigbar the same?
Riku was able to do so, and lacked a Keyblade. Yeah. Seriously, it is not stated anywhere in the game that you need a Keyblade to kill a Nobody, Sora is not able to kill Heartless without a Keyblade, yet we see guys like Squall, Cloud, and Sephiroth do so just fine.

No, the lightning is stronger. Sure, Xigbar can manipulate it in mid-air, but that does not mean Kratos cannot deflect it, it only makes it more difficult to do so.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 11:55 PM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Riku was able to do so, and lacked a Keyblade. Yeah. Seriously, it is not stated anywhere in the game that you need a Keyblade to kill a Nobody, Sora is not able to kill Heartless without a Keyblade, yet we see guys like Squall, Cloud, and Sephiroth do so just fine.

No, the lightning is stronger. Sure, Xigbar can manipulate it in mid-air, but that does not mean Kratos cannot deflect it, it only makes it more difficult to do so.

You never see Squall, Cloud, or Sephiroth so much as touch a nobody. Nevermind fight one and win. Also Roxas wasn't able to hurt one without the keyblade, not even Hurt one mesely dusk. Nevermind a member of the 13.

So because he can defect that he can this? Are you sure that's stable logic?

That and so what? if we assume Xigbar is fighting properly, unlike the game, meaning, not being in melee range when he doesn't have to be. There's no reason he can't send it right back to Kratos, and if he's firing more as he does so, Kratos can't hope to stop them all.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 12:00 AM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

As for Roxas not being able to hurt the nobodies. He had like a ordinary bat against them. and it was the same situation as in the original Kingdom Hearts when sora couldn't attack the heartless with wooden sword.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 12:58 AM