KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The mystery of Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas

The mystery of Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas
Started by: Sith Stalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
I'm currently "reduced" to fanfiction writing; college tends to suck most creativity from my brain for papers and what not >>. (but, not that I'm bragging, but they say I'm sort of good at it - at least, according to reviewers. and betas >.< ) reading's great - what book series is that?

----

anyway, back on topic: so, GL canon wise, does this work? (of course it doesn't. but any possibilities?)

The Sword of Truth My sig and avatar comes from my favorite book, which is a part of that series.

I don't write fan fiction either (Though when I was 14-15 I tried writing a Star Wars book set after KotOR, but I got 2 sentences in and realised that it wasn't going to work... Ironically I found those 2 sentences yesterday...) Myself, I have been working on a MASSIVE project for the last 6 years which is best described as a Mythopoeia

Anyway, back on topic: The thing about Sifo Dias seeing the future war and going to have the army made without ever telling the Republic could work, and GL gave us practically nothing except that Sifo Dias died 10 years ago and ordered the Republic's army.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Oct 6th, 2009 at 03:41 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2009 03:37 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Watch the EU, guys.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2009 05:54 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by queeq
Watch the EU, guys.

I did say GL-canon-wise, not EU-wise... *shrug*

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2009 07:11 PM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by queeq
Watch the EU, guys.

Yea, but GL Canon doesn't give you a blasted thing to work with... Movie wise Syfo-Dias was a Jedi who ordered the creation of the clones and died 10 years ago. The end. mystery solved. As far as George Lucas is concerned...

Old Post Oct 6th, 2009 07:57 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Originally posted by Sith Stalker
so just to tell you guys i am 18 years old ok. i lived in reno nevada and moved here to colorado when i was four years old and that was fourteen years ago. and yes i cant do any fancy things like make good sentences because i cant spell for shit ok. im not good at grammar and it is the last thing i will ever be good at.

and i can see where most of you are coming from but if yada can live for 800 years then maybe Sifo Dyas was yodas first student he ever tuaght. But he Dooku did use the blood of Sifo Dyas to make Grevious be able to use a lightsabre and not the force thou.

So pleace excuse my spelling aand shit and stop making fun of what i wrote because i dont make fun of others writing.

AND YES IM 18, jerks.

Well sweetheart, Im 48 and I taught high school English for over 20 years and if thats the best you can do in terms of expressing your thoughts via the written word I'd say go back to school because everything you've written rates a big fat "F". No one wants to read an opinion if the person expressing the opinion cant form a complete sentence. And for the record, you're wrong regarding Sifo-Dyas.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2009 11:58 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abu-Bactr

Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
I did say GL-canon-wise, not EU-wise... *shrug*

There was a young Palpy novel in works but it was cancelled later.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Plagueis_novel

A Darth Plagueis novel was scheduled to be written by James Luceno and released in October 2008 by Del Rey about Darth Plagueis and his backstory. In an interview with Star Wars Insider magazine, Luceno said that he would like to write a future novel dealing with the search for immortality that both Qui-Gon Jinn and Darth Plagueis embarked upon in their own separate ways. However, in a talk show interview in February 5, 2007,[1] he indicated that the novel was currently on hold due to issues surrounding the revelation of Palpatine's backstory and Expanded Universe continuity concerns. On March 27, 2007, Sue Rostoni revealed in her blog that the novel has been cancelled, in an entry revealing an updated publishing schedule.[2] She stated the following: "I'm sure you've noticed that the Plagueis novel is not listed. It's true. The novel has been cancelled. We decided that this was not the right time to delve into Palpatine's back story and Plagueis's beginnings. You'll still see Jim Luceno around, though, as he's an author we are not willing to lose." ― Sue Rostoni[src] The announcements for the novel stated that Plagueis was a Muun. Leland Chee has confirmed that, since Plagueis's species did not originate in the novel, it is still considered his canonical species by Lucas Licensing[3]. The novel was replaced with Darth Bane: Rule of Two;[4] however, Luceno has said he still hopes he can convince the powers that be at LucasFilm to let him write the novel, and cited sales of Millennium Falcon could help influence that. [5]

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 09:48 AM
Click here to Send Abu-Bactr a Private Message Find more posts by Abu-Bactr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
biv95

I'm thinking that it was all part of Palpatines grand scheme for Sith power. Palpatine is not only the Supreme Chancellor for the Republic but, in many ways, the mastermind behind the seperatists, having Dooku do his bidding. 'Palpatine' gets an army to destroy the droid seperatists army and then 'Sidious' uses the same army to destroy an already weakened Jedi Order and begin the Empire.
Anyway, to tie this in to Sifo-Dyas, perhaps, and again this is all speculation, that Sidius used what was maybe the natural death of Syfo-Dias (or perhaps a death caused by the Sith) for conveniant opportunity. Sidius gets Dooku to demand the clone army for the Republic guised as Syfo-Dias. This allows Palpatine to seem to innocently come across an army he has 'no idea about' and put it to use against the seperatists (whose army, in ways, is also created by the grander plans of Palpatine/Sidious). Sidious uses both armies to create Galactic War, eventually shutting down and destroying the droid army and replacing it with the more intelligent clone army.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2010 10:54 AM
Click here to Send biv95 a Private Message Find more posts by biv95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
andyryall

spelling n stuff

if all those out there moaning about this guys grammar were intelligent enough to know it is missing, surely you could put it in mentally while you read it. That is if you are able to multi-task

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 12:35 PM
Click here to Send andyryall a Private Message Find more posts by andyryall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

The Syfo-Dyas story is a silly one, a weird construct from Lucas, which prolly has a clever backstory, but since we never learn anything about it, it is rather lame.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 01:18 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CalebStoneCrowe

Star Wars E1

In Star Wars Episode One, Anakin's mother says "There was no father. I carried him, I gave birth to him...I can't explain what happened."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2012 09:53 PM
Click here to Send CalebStoneCrowe a Private Message Find more posts by CalebStoneCrowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Star Wars E1

Originally posted by CalebStoneCrowe
In Star Wars Episode One, Anakin's mother says "There was no father. I carried him, I gave birth to him...I can't explain what happened."

also vader was luke's father, soilent green was people, and rosebud was actually a sled. on that note...wut?

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Nov 6th, 2012 09:59 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 6th, 2012 10:13 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 8th, 2012 07:49 AM