KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Will batman suffer the 3rd movie suckage?

Will batman suffer the 3rd movie suckage?
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

Will batman suffer the 3rd movie suckage?

It seems to be a sort of...thing that happens with good superhero movies. If we look at the x-men, 1 and 2 were brilliant especially number 2, superman and superman 2 both great films again no.2 was really good, same with spiderman and blade. But then..they did a 3rd film, superman 3 was terrible seeing as in the end the main villain was some crappy computer that neally suffocated supes which is silly seeing how supes can I believe hold his breath for 20 minutes. Spiderman 3 was terrible, they ruined Venom and the storyline was basically MJ getting kidnapped AGAIN! X-men 3 this was worse than spiderman 3 by a long shot and again a character ruined, the phoenix, I had high hopes for X3 during the end of X2 when they showed the phoenix shape in the water. Blade 3, dracula looked like a homo to me, and again a character ruined.

The original batman films with Keaton were pretty good, not as good as the new ones with Bale but still...then came batman forever, they had Riddler and Two face, with two great actors portraying the two and Kilmer as batman...seemed like a pretty good set of actors and two great villains..how could it go wrong?

So with this said..could batman 3 suck? or will it be the first third sequel superhero movie that actually doesn't suck monkey balls?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Oct 13th, 2009 04:36 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i don't think it will, but i will wait until after i see it

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 13th, 2009 07:04 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

There's no way it'll be able to live up to the hype its gonna recieve. But who knows if it'll suck or not.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2009 07:42 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

There was loadsa hype for spiderman 3 and look how that turned out

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Oct 13th, 2009 08:34 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
There's no way it'll be able to live up to the hype its gonna recieve. But who knows if it'll suck or not.

ITA

Originally posted by steverules_2
There was loadsa hype for spiderman 3 and look how that turned out

True, but don't put Batman 3 in the same category just yet

Old Post Oct 13th, 2009 09:33 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

As I mention before...Nolan MUST drive this franchise to a "Detective Batman" area for this franchise to come full circle. We seen the begining...battle his arch nemesis...and now the 3rd most important factor of the Batman myth...his detective skills.

If he does that...suckage or not..Nolan truly have given us the FULL Batman.

"World's Greatest Detective" is the proper title for the 3rd film.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2009 09:37 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

If it sucks then I'm sure that chances are batman will be far from detective

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 06:19 AM
darthmaul1

i liked blade 3 and xmen 3 they were good movies IMO.
i think all the spiderman movies were mediocer at best and at the time superman 1 and 2 were good but now... they are OK i think because margot kidder is annoying and the richard donner version of 2 is wayyyyy better. 3 and 4 were complete shit. (funny story i was at future shop and they had superman 3 in the bargin bin at the till for 5 bucks and a guy saw it and said to the cashier in a serious tone, that is the best one.)
provided chis nolan stays and they take there time and make a good story with some well placed or directed actors 3 should be good. but i fear if they hand it off to someone else then it will probably suck. and keep it to 1 or 2 villans tops.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 01:04 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Thats what happened in with x-men 3, it got given to someone else cuz Ratner went and did superman returns, can't remember who did X3 but I really hated it and was very dissapointed in the direction they went with Dark phoenix and plus I think the storyline in general was just a complete mess

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 03:24 PM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by WickedDynamite
As I mention before...Nolan MUST drive this franchise to a "Detective Batman" area for this franchise to come full circle. We seen the begining...battle his arch nemesis...and now the 3rd most important factor of the Batman myth...his detective skills.

I too would like to see this. I want Nolan to take a risk and give us a Batman movie with a completely different atmosphere, one that has smart twists and holysheet endings.

Because that's certainly part of what Batman has been about. There are some serious threats out in gotham, you know he's prepping something, but he doesn't reveal it until the end, and then you see the genius of the prep-master.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 03:55 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I remember when batman was detective comics but we never really get to see a detective batman in the movies

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 04:30 PM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

I remember when batman was detective comics but we never really get to see a detective batman in the movies

Well, I saw Nolan trying to show a bit of the detective side of Batman in TDK, but it was quite superficial.

Basically I am thinking of the scene where Batman examines the block of concrete where the bullet entered and then he found something with it (forgot what). But it was all really relying on technology and does not show off Batman's own innate detective skills or genius at all.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 05:02 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Thats what happened in with x-men 3, it got given to someone else cuz Ratner went and did superman returns, can't remember who did X3 but I really hated it and was very dissapointed in the direction they went with Dark phoenix and plus I think the storyline in general was just a complete mess

It was Rater who did X-men 3 not Superman Returns....

Old Post Oct 15th, 2009 01:46 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

They definatley have to stick with the look and feel that he is merely a man and not a super hero in the general term but he does have the money and know how to have some kick ass detective skills.
a better title would be Gothams Dark Protector
or Shawdow Knight. (this would implement that Gotham is ready to accept him back)

Old Post Oct 15th, 2009 04:17 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Well if Chris Nolan gets on his blog or twitter or whatever he may have and writes "I was watching George Clooney on old episodes of Roseanne last night and realized that as much as I love the dark Batman and the campy Batman was the rage in the 60's, I don't think that gay Batman really had a chance to flourish over two movies. I'm replacing Christian Bale with Billy Baldwin and signing Andy Dick to play Robin and Damon Wayans wearing Eartha Kitt's corpse will be catwoman."-I'd be worried.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2009 06:23 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by Placidity

Because that's certainly part of what Batman has been about. There are some serious threats out in gotham, you know he's prepping something, but he doesn't reveal it until the end, and then you see the genius of the prep-master.

Which is precisly the reason Riddler is the essential choice for villain in the third film.

We seen Nolan's Batman born.

We seen Nolan's Batman face his most dangerous nemesis.

We now need to see Nolan's Batman be challenge in the Brain department by his most dangerous smartest villain.

On the same note.

A Youtuber made a fan-made trailer which pretty much hits it right on the head of the nail.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2009 09:41 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

They have to make the riddlers riddles more difficult for Batman and mean more than just what he is going to attack.
Not like the original show, they solved them in 2 seconds and in batman forever which sucked he figured them out very quickly too.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2009 09:59 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Which is precisly the reason Riddler is the essential choice for villain in the third film.

We seen Nolan's Batman born.

We seen Nolan's Batman face his most dangerous nemesis.

We now need to see Nolan's Batman be challenge in the Brain department by his most dangerous smartest villain.

On the same note.

A Youtuber made a fan-made trailer which pretty much hits it right on the head of the nail.

Originally posted by darthmaul1
They have to make the riddlers riddles more difficult for Batman and mean more than just what he is going to attack.
Not like the original show, they solved them in 2 seconds and in batman forever which sucked he figured them out very quickly too.

ITA, but i hope the title is Shadow of the Bat though

Old Post Oct 16th, 2009 12:43 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Riddler may be the most predictable choice for whose next, but he's certainly not "essential". They could very well have any villain besides him.
Also, Nigma is overrated.

As for the topic, I dunno. I think a more important question though would be, will Batman suffer a 4th movie suckage again? (assuming the 3rd installment is successful and popular enough for a sequel)

Old Post Oct 16th, 2009 01:41 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Kazenji
It was Rater who did X-men 3 not Superman Returns....

I'm getting mixed up, yeah Ratner did X3 and Bryan Singer did X1 and 2 and then Superman returns smile

Originally posted by Placidity
Well, I saw Nolan trying to show a bit of the detective side of Batman in TDK, but it was quite superficial.

Basically I am thinking of the scene where Batman examines the block of concrete where the bullet entered and then he found something with it (forgot what). But it was all really relying on technology and does not show off Batman's own innate detective skills or genius at all.

He found a fingerprint

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Oct 16th, 2009 09:40 AM