KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Will batman suffer the 3rd movie suckage?

Will batman suffer the 3rd movie suckage?
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
I-Drop
Privateer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
True. However, IronMan is still a pretty big name in the Marvel Universe.
I guess. He's not to Marvel what Supes or Bats are to DC though.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 07:19 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by I-Drop
I guess. He's not to Marvel what Supes or Bats are to DC though.

Well who is? Aside Spiderman of course? I dont even think the X Men are in the same league as Supes or Batman. Both did soo much for comics as a whole, not just DC. The only Marvel character that can even come close is Spiderman.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 08:04 AM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I would have but it was a horrible movie.

Theres a sequal coming and it seems they're going about it alot better then the first one.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 08:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by Kazenji
Theres a sequal coming and it seems they're going about it alot better then the first one.

Would'nt a complete reboot be a better way to go about it?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 04:37 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

That's probably just what hype wants you to think about it..

Would'nt a complete reboot be a better way to go about it?

Like what they did with Hulk? I dunno... Then again, I liked the first Hulk movie a lot better than the 2008 one. Tim Roth kinda ruined the latter for me, in a way. He's just not really that good an actor IMO, though at least he didn't have anything to do with the Abomination's horrible one-liners, but the part where Hulk kicked him into a tree was still probably the best part of the movie. no expression

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 07:03 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

If Nolan helms it, it will be good. Simple as that for me; I have faith in the man.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 07:20 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
That's probably just what hype wants you to think about it..

Like what they did with Hulk? I dunno... Then again, I liked the first Hulk movie a lot better than the 2008 one. Tim Roth kinda ruined the latter for me, in a way. He's just not really that good an actor IMO, though at least he didn't have anything to do with the Abomination's horrible one-liners, but the part where Hulk kicked him into a tree was still probably the best part of the movie. no expression

Hrmm...I thought the 2008 Hulk was much better than the previous one.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2009 02:18 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Out of curiosity, why? huh

Old Post Nov 6th, 2009 03:04 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

It was alot more exciting in my eyes. The first one didnt really satisfy me in the action department. I know its a really shallow view, but its just my opinion.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2009 03:18 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Eh, okay. Fair enough I guess.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2009 03:24 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

It was alot more exciting in my eyes. The first one didnt really satisfy me in the action department. I know its a really shallow view, but its just my opinion.
It's mine too. It was waay better. Abom>>>absorbing dad
I hope so. GR's one of the best

Old Post Nov 6th, 2009 05:28 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Out of curiosity, why? huh

One name Nick Nolte
That made the movie suck right there, he looked as if they just pulled him out of jail.

I really like the 2nd hulk movie better, and how they made it as if the first one never happened cause the girlfriend had never seen him change..

Old Post Nov 6th, 2009 05:06 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

You know, when I first saw Batman Forever, I thought it was really good. It also seemed more my audience since I was a little kid when I watched it, and the first two were more adult.

And looking back, it's still an okay film, and even though it's not as good as the other two, it's still a good film.

It's like T3, not as good as the first two at all, but still an okay film, so there's no doubt in my mind Nolan's third Batman film will "suck".

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 11:50 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It's mine too. It was waay better. Abom>>>absorbing dad I hope so.

At least the latter of the two didn't have nothing but horrible one-liners.

Originally posted by darthmaul1
he looked as if they just pulled him out of jail.

I think that was the general idea. Kinda added onto the drama of the movie so to speak.

Originally posted by lord xyz
You know, when I first saw Batman Forever, I thought it was really good. It also seemed more my audience since I was a little kid when I watched it, and the first two were more adult.

And looking back, it's still an okay film, and even though it's not as good as the other two, it's still a good film.

It's like T3, not as good as the first two at all, but still an okay film, so there's no doubt in my mind Nolan's third Batman film will "suck".

Oh, you evil pessimist you. laughing out loud Ironically though, this was a quote from Nolan himself regarding the 3rd movie:

"Well ... let me think how to put this. There are two things to be said. One is the emphasis on story. What’s the story? Is there a story that’s going to keep me emotionally invested for the couple of years that it will take to make another one? That’s the overriding question. On a more superficial level, I have to ask the question: How many good third movies in a franchise can people name? [Laughs.] At the same time, in taking on the second one, we had the challenge of trying to make a great second movie, and there haven't been too many of those either. It’s all about the story really. If the story is there, everything is possible. I hope that was a suitably slippery answer."

Old Post Nov 8th, 2009 12:18 AM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I actually meant to say Won't suck.

How's that for a **** up?

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2009 01:00 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh, okay. That's a different story then. stick out tongue
xD

Old Post Nov 8th, 2009 02:06 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

At least the latter of the two didn't have nothing but horrible one-liners.
The latter of the 2 had NOTHING but a lame fight w/a lame ending though. I'll have the one-liners please.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2009 06:42 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The ending of the 2008 Hulk definitely wasn't any different than that. no expression Lame.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2009 01:59 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Although it can be said that 2008 only happened because the other one was so god-awful they had to erase it big grin

Old Post Nov 9th, 2009 09:28 PM
darthmaul1

Back to Batman 3
if Nolan and the rest of the people involved return, and they take their time like 3 years or more and produce a good script and characters then it won't suck (i hope)
That is the problem with Hollywood they want to make money so quickly and punch crap out even quicker (transformers 2)

Old Post Nov 10th, 2009 05:36 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote