KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Will batman suffer the 3rd movie suckage?

Will batman suffer the 3rd movie suckage?
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
siriuswriter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
IMO, at least that's not as bad as Batman telling Dent that he's gonna turn himself in but then just standing there during the press conference and not doing so.

he was ready to go up and blurt the secret, you could see that he had stood straighter and was arranging his suit, and he even took a step forward, but then dent realized : if i let this happen, then batman will never be able to do good again. that's why he told the press he was batman, i think. i always thought that he had planned that press conference for the purpose of throwing people off-track, but obviously bruce didn't know that...

ETA: for a moment there when i first watched it, i thought that scene was going to be an "i am spartacus" moment, with harvey making some sort of comment about how there's a bit of batman in everyone, as long as the solo dude was doing his stuff, everyone had the hope of batman in their hearts.

but then it happened how it did, and i saw the "i am spartacus" deal as waaay too cheesy for nolan to pull out in the middle of the film.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Last edited by siriuswriter on Nov 20th, 2009 at 06:29 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 06:26 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by siriuswriter
he was ready to go up and blurt the secret, you could see that he had stood straighter and was arranging his suit, and he even took a step forward, but then dent realized : if i let this happen, then batman will never be able to do good again. that's why he told the press he was batman, i think. i always thought that he had planned that press conference for the purpose of throwing people off-track, but obviously bruce didn't know that...

ETA: for a moment there when i first watched it, i thought that scene was going to be an "i am spartacus" moment, with harvey making some sort of comment about how there's a bit of batman in everyone, as long as the solo dude was doing his stuff, everyone had the hope of batman in their hearts.

but then it happened how it did, and i saw the "i am spartacus" deal as waaay too cheesy for nolan to pull out in the middle of the film.

I was thinking that too, didn't they do that in another movie? (besides spartacus)
Maybe im thinking of Spiderman 2 with him on the train and everyone standing up for him.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 10:05 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're gonna have to get past me and me and me and her and him , and the cleaning lady and that guy over there with the mustache . . . .

Yeah , that's a classic stand up to a bully thing we've seen in cinema a dozen time.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 10:15 PM
jayce78 is currently offline Click here to Send jayce78 a Private Message Find more posts by jayce78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

The way Ock responded to that shit was an instant classic though laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 11:46 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Just moved them all aside with sheer ease and KO's spiderman cool Spiderman 2.1 = Total win big grin

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 21st, 2009 11:39 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Hell yeah. It's funny that they were actually stupid enough to believe Ock would be intimidated. He's got four very strong metallic tentacles and he's going to be scared by a bunch of average people? Yeah, sure.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Nov 25th, 2009 03:08 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Davis Bloome
Hell yeah. It's funny that they were actually stupid enough to believe Ock would be intimidated. He's got four very strong metallic tentacles and he's going to be scared by a bunch of average people? Yeah, sure.

Spiderman just saved all their lives, I can see why they'd stand up for him, what they did was good...but it would never be enough to stop Ock

And TBH no one really knew Ock or what he was capable of in the movie, I think they may have underestimated him

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Nov 25th, 2009 07:08 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

God I hope not because I really liked this Batman series then the other series that I grew up with and it caused me to be a Batman fan once agian.
I only hope they take thier time and not rush it like many other Super Hero movies did in the past I.E X3 and Spider-Man 3.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 07:59 AM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Well there was superman 3 which sucked, blade trinity sucked, Batman forever again not so good, but with Nolan directing I'm hoping a good 3rd comic book movie can be made

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 08:53 AM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by steverules_2
Well there was superman 3 which sucked, blade trinity sucked, Batman forever again not so good, but with Nolan directing I'm hoping a good 3rd comic book movie can be made

yeah I have a feeling with Nolan directing it wont suffer the same fate of superman 3,Blade trinity,or x men 3 especially since Nolan redeemed that crapfest Burton/Schumacher franchise Batman movies and FINALLY gave us a great Batman movie to enjoy.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 06:04 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mindbomb
person

Originally posted by Mr Parker
yeah I have a feeling with Nolan directing it wont suffer the same fate of superman 3,Blade trinity,or x men 3 especially since Nolan redeemed that crapfest Burton/Schumacher franchise Batman movies and FINALLY gave us a great Batman movie to enjoy.

I actually think the 89 batman is the best one
but I have a feeling that Nolan is going to take his time with b3

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 11:10 PM
mindbomb is currently offline Click here to Send mindbomb a Private Message Find more posts by mindbomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

As long as WB doesn't start looking over Nolan's shoulder and tell him that he needs to put in a scene like this or like that, or put in this character when Nolan doesn't want it, I think we'll get a good third superhero movie. The only thing that could prevent us from getting a stellar superhero trilogy, and keeping the curse of the weak 3rd superhero movie alive, is studio interference. So stay the hell out of Nolan's way WB.

Spider-Man 3 should serve as a cautionary tale as to what happens when the studio doesn't let the director make his own movie. After that I will never trust Sony again. I hope WB doesn't make me do the same.

X-Men 3 is another example of the third superhero movie not being on par with the first two due to studio interference.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 08:27 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mindbomb
person

i think he can pull it off and as for spiderman 3 if the man doesent want venom dont make him have venom

Old Post Apr 8th, 2010 01:47 AM
mindbomb is currently offline Click here to Send mindbomb a Private Message Find more posts by mindbomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote