KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Character Respect Forum » Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indiana Jones

Here's to the one of the biggest badasses ever portrayed on the silver screen.

INDIANA JONES

(please log in to view the image)

eek! No one kicks ass like Indy, NO ONE!!! eek!

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2009 04:27 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Balek
Editor

One of cinemas truly great creations.

Sig and avatar by Starlock.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2009 07:39 AM
Darth Balek is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Balek a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Balek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed, the pwner of Nazis.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2009 05:03 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggy22
Lover

No other character has come close to Indy.

Scythe is a God among men

Old Post Oct 21st, 2009 12:41 AM
Ziggy22 is currently offline Click here to Send Ziggy22 a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggy22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

They've tried.... but he keeps falling asleep before it can happen.

Seriously though, til the forth film, Id have agreed with the statement.
But after its release, anybodys Nan could beat him, now that he's been shown to be downplayed for Mutt's succession's sake.

But as much as he is routinely mocked by "Comedy" gophers these days, much respect for Indy because of the character that he was before his protracted onscreen raping to near death.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Oct 21st, 2009 at 02:52 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2009 02:48 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Indeed, it's a sad, sad, chapter...

For me, his legacy lives on in the ever great Raiders of the Lost Ark and Last Crusade.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 21st, 2009 03:40 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indy 4 was actually really good, just the alien thing was way corny.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2009 04:53 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Indy 4 was actually really good, just the alien thing was way corny.

The "alien thing" being the main plot of the film.

Film pissed me off, as it started off like a genuinely good Indy film, good action, mixed in with some humor and some chesse, definitely draws in the viewer. Then it went to pure shit.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2009 05:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was good until Marion drove the duck into the river. From then on, yes, it went to shit. Everything leading to that was pwnage.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2009 05:50 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
It was good until Marion drove the duck into the river. From then on, yes, it went to shit. Everything leading to that was pwnage.

Yeah, about right, imo.

It did have bits o cheese between the beginning and that part though. The gophers, Shea riding up looking like some gay misfit out of 'The Wild Bunch' set and few others I can't recall right now.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2009 05:58 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

The gophers didnt bother me that much.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2009 06:03 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm another one that liked the 4th movie and the gophers did'nt bother me same with the aliens stuff.

Last edited by Kazenji on Oct 22nd, 2009 at 01:43 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 01:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Crap. Someone had beaten me to it. Oh well.

Indy's Bio

Nationality: American (Scottish on his father's side)
Full Name: Henry Walton Jones, Jr.
Date of Birth: July 1, 1889
Place of Birth: Princeton, New Jersey
Age: 36 (Temple of Doom), 37 (Raiders), 39 (Last Crusade), 58 (Crystal Skull), 93 (Indy Chronicles)
Height: 6'1" (this is Harrison Ford's actual height)
Weight: ???
Hair: Dark Brown (Indy 1-3), Gray (Crystal Skull)
Eyes: Brown
Blood Type: Unknown
Family: Henry Walton Jones, Sr, father (deceased by the time of Crystal Skull); Anna Jones, mother (deceased); Deidre Campbell Jones, first wife (deceased); Marion Ravenwood, wife; Henry Jones III, alias Mutt Williams, son. He also has a daughter who is unnamed and a grandson named Spike
Portrayed By: Harrison Ford, River Phoenix, Sean Patrick Flanery, Corey Carrier, George Hall
Famous People Indy Has Met Over The Years:
Please note that this is just choice bits of info.
- T.E. Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia)
- rode with Pancho Villa (as seen in Indy Chronicles, and mentioned in Crystal Skull)
- lost his virginity to Mata Hari (seriously)
- went on Safari with Teddy Roosevelt
- shot down by Baron Manfred von Richthofen, the Red Baron
- once dated the daughter of Edward Stratemeyer, author of the Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys novels
- chatted with Winston Churchill at a dinner party
- picked up Adolf Hitler's autograph (as seen in Last Crusade)
- butted heads with his college roommate, Elliot Ness
- rescued at one time by Amelia Earhart

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2009 10:31 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote