KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Minato's Power Level

Minato's Power Level
Started by: draxx_tOfU

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Shodai Hokage was stronger than Minato, since he beat Madara and the Kyuubi and didn't die doing so

but maybe because the Mokuton has properties that can contain the kyuubi...

which now makes me think that had the Third been protecting Konoha at the time of the kyuubi's attack, maybe Konoha would have fallen as I honestly don't think that Sarutobi can overpower the nine tails pokemon...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 05:53 AM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by draxx_tOfU

which now makes me think that had the Third been protecting Konoha at the time of the kyuubi's attack, maybe Konoha would have fallen as I honestly don't think that Sarutobi can overpower the nine tails pokemon...

Um Sarutobi knows the same jutsu Minato did, i'd say he was the only one there who COULD HAVE stopped it...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 05:56 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Sarutobi wouldn't have been able to do the job, I agree, but maybe that's because he was around as old as the Tsuchikage no expression. Why do you think he made Minato the Hokage in the first place?

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Oct 20th, 2009 at 06:03 AM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 05:59 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

wasn't Minato the one who developed the jutsu though?...

iirc the first and only time that Sarutobi used the RDS was when he fought Orochimaru, and this too was where he mentioned that the Fourth created said jutsu...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 06:04 AM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Sarutobi wouldn't have been able to do the job, I agree, but maybe that's because he was around as old as the Tsuchikage no expression. Why do you think he made Minato the Hokage in the first place?

touche...

so is it safe to assume then that Sarutobi in his prime can overpower the kyuubi?...

what do you guys think?...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 06:07 AM
King Kandy

wasn't Minato the one who developed the jutsu though?...

iirc the first and only time that Sarutobi used the RDS was when he fought Orochimaru, and this too was where he mentioned that the Fourth created said jutsu...

He developed it but that doesn't matter. Sarutobi knew it and could perform it. Thus, he could seal the kyuubi.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 06:07 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

which would have yielded the same result as Minato's, him being the sacrifice in exchange for sealing the demon fox...

your statement below seems to imply a different outcome...

Originally posted by King Kandy
Um Sarutobi knows the same jutsu Minato did, i'd say he was the only one there who COULD HAVE stopped it...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 06:19 AM
Demonic Phoenix

This:

was talking about Sarutobi at the time of the Kyuubi's attack when it was sealed by Minato.

This:
He developed it but that doesn't matter. Sarutobi knew it and could perform it. Thus, he could seal the kyuubi.

was talking about Sarutobi during his prime.

~ Mokuton or Hashirama's necklace+chakra may be able to quell the Bijuu, but it might not have been able to wrest control of the Kyuubi from Madara.
At best, it would have meant that the Kyuubi was a non-factor, but Hashirama still had a blinded-by-rage EMS wielding Madara to deal with.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 06:36 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Current Madara would lose, but not the Madara that faced Hashirama in their fights.

'Greatest hokage' =/= most powerful. It falls down to reputation as it was his FTG that helped them win the war.

Honestly, the third while very old took on Orochimaru and the 1st and the 2nd (although they didn't fight to full capacity imo) and still managed to win to a degree. He'd be above Minato while he was in his prime imo.

Hashirama took on a pissed off Madara in control of the Fox and won. (though for some reason, I think Madara's blind rage may have cost him the fight)

Going by feats, Minato isn't close as he hasn't shown a lot. All we have is his reputation and a few statements to be honest.

I also find Raikage's top speed = Minato's kinda hard to believe. FTG might have contributed to this again, as I don't think the opposing countries knew the secret behind it and probably just attributed it to pure speed.

FTG is a godsend of a jutsu when up against a squadron or such. Not so much against a small squad and even less when up against a single opponent. His best shot is to KO each Pain with each teleport but that might be easier said than done.

Besides, doesn't he have to place the kunai's or something like that?

I respectfully disagree. Throughout the series there have been several references to the Fourths ability. Though never directly stated it is suggested he is the strongest. When talking about Orochimaru the third admitted he probably couldn't beat him, Anko mentions she wished the fourth were still alive, as apparently he could beat Orochimaru. Jiraiya mentions the fourth was a genius that comes once a generation, and there won't be another like him for years. Kakashi believes that Naruto will Surpass the fourth.

All of those things indicate that the fourth is the strongest Hokage known to those characters. Now consider than an Old Third beat the 1st and 2nd together. While i have no doubt they were not at full strength this is a good feat. Also note how the Third states he must not allow the 3rd coffin to be summon, as it contains the fourth. While it could be interpreted as 3 Hokages would be too much, i see it as he believes he would be unable to beat the fourth.

Sounds like some FTG underrating to me. Alright this is how i see it. FTG is a time/space jutsu. Why do you think it's called that?

It's not merely highspeed. It's controlling time and/or space. Moving from A to B Instantly.

No current Naruto character has feats of being able to fight an ability like that. And this ability was winning entire battles on it's own.

As i understand it he can use this ability within parameters of his Kunai. So all he has to do is throw them in 3 or more directions, and within the area they land, he literally cannot be touched.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 01:16 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

which would have yielded the same result as Minato's, him being the sacrifice in exchange for sealing the demon fox...

your statement below seems to imply a different outcome...

No, I said he knew the same jutsu in order to imply he'd use the same jutsu to get the same result.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 03:05 PM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Actually, after looking it up, Kakashi says: "Only you can surpass the fourth Hokage"

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/321/12/

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 04:22 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

but Hashirama still had a blinded-by-rage EMS wielding Madara to deal with.
Which he had been beating on for years before VoTE though Madara wasn't blinded-by-rage in those instances. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 04:42 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

It seems the First, the Third, and the Fourth could be jostled between top and second place, or more like number 1 followed by 2a and 2b, very close indeed...

Does Nidaime even have feats?...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 05:36 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

It seems the First, the Third, and the Fourth could be jostled between top and second place, or more like number 1 followed by 2a and 2b, very close indeed...

Does Nidaime even have feats?...
Only he's suppose to be able to be skilled enough to create lakes of water from nowhere, and the databooks I believe say he was unparalleled in taijutsu. And he most likely fought Madara's brother evenly just like Shodai fought Madara since the Uchiha brothers, and the Senju brothers were the leaders.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 05:55 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Originally posted by Kento
Only he's suppose to be able to be skilled enough to create lakes of water from nowhere, and the databooks I believe say he was unparalleled in taijutsu. And he most likely fought Madara's brother evenly just like Shodai fought Madara since the Uchiha brothers, and the Senju brothers were the leaders.

sweet...

which means he's still below Tsunade right?... stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 05:59 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

sweet...

which means he's still below Tsunade right?... stick out tongue
All the Hokages are below Tsunade. She's still alive.... and not being tortured for all eternity stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 08:49 PM
Darth Angel

I thought I read somewhere that kishimoto said in an interview that Minato was the strongest hokage, sharing the 1st spot with a prime Sarutobi.

Anyway, I say that Minato was one of the strongest indeed, he created the Rasengan (and dominated the technique, yes, let's not forget that even though Naruto can already use rasenshuriken, he can't still make a single normal rasengan without the help from a kage bushin, and probably will not do it in the next years, since minato need 3 years to completly master it and jiraya 6), he created the dead god consuming seal, a weapon sarutobi wouldn't have if he hadn't seen Minato using it against kyubi, and as such he wouldn't be able to defend konoha from the nine tails or orochimaru, and with his hiraishin and his incredible speed, I think he would be almost impossible to fight to anyone below kage level. I also believe that Minato's chakra should probably be quite high, seing how much chakra naruto has (my guess is that such trait comes from his father). It's just an opinion though.

Anyway, seing the statements and feats about Minato, I would put him quite high, even though the lack of information or feats about him makes it difficult to measure his true power, so I would put the hokages' power as something like 4th, 3rd and 1st on the top, 2nd a bit behind, followed by tsunade and then finally danzo.

In order to finish this, I would just like to say something curious. If anyone goes see shippuden's first episode, in the end Naruto talks about all the hokages, and says that the 2nd was "the men with best combat ability". Just something to add to the debate lol.

Last edited by Darth Angel on Oct 20th, 2009 at 09:59 PM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 09:56 PM
Darth Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

All the Hokages are below Tsunade.

That necro WH0RE! mad mad mad

Old Post Oct 21st, 2009 12:21 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

All the Hokages are below Tsunade. She's still alive.... and not being tortured for all eternity stick out tongue

That is pretty strange... a technique only two people knew, what are the odds it ends up snaring all four of them... even after two were already dead.

You know now that I think about it it was a terrible deal for the first and second... I mean their only crime was being resurrected by Orochimaru, now they're basically in hell forever.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2009 12:28 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

That is pretty strange... a technique only two people knew, what are the odds it ends up snaring all four of them... even after two were already dead.

You know now that I think about it it was a terrible deal for the first and second... I mean their only crime was being resurrected by Orochimaru, now they're basically in hell forever.
Yes, it was now that you mention it.

Originally posted by dadudemon
That necro WH0RE! mad mad mad
laughing

Old Post Oct 21st, 2009 12:34 AM