KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spidey's deal with Mephisto.

Spidey's deal with Mephisto.
Started by: SamZED

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
Well, she has been in her 60's for about 50 years, so yea, she probably has more than a decade. big grin

And Alfred Pennyworth is still a WW2 Veteran even though he's IIRC supposed to be in his early to mid sixties. stick out tongue

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 03:57 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by Nephthys
Deal? What deal? I know of no deal.
The deal is - Parker sells his marriage to Mephisto in exchange for Aunt May's life (who was dying from a gun shot) Parker refused at first but MJ insisted cause she felt guilty for what happened to May. So now nobody knows what's canon with Spider-man. His identity is secret again (even to those who knew it for YEARS even Black Cat) he lost his upgrades that he got after his fight with Morlun (the fight DID happen though according to Parker so him losing upgrades makes no sense), its not known if he ever lived with avengers and if he supported Stak during Civil War since Stark no longer even knows who he is, Harry Osborn is somehow alive again and Parker never got married to MJ, they supposedly broke up long ago. Quesada-man promised to give some kind of explanation but he never did. Also I dont see how he's gonna explain over 15 years of comicbook stories that he erased. Did I miss anything?

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 05:56 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by SamZED
The deal is - Parker sells his marriage to Mephisto in exchange for Aunt May's life (who was dying from a gun shot) Parker refused at first but MJ insisted cause she felt guilty for what happened to May. So now nobody knows what's canon with Spider-man. His identity is secret again (even to those who knew it for YEARS even Black Cat) he lost his upgrades that he got after his fight with Morlun (the fight DID happen though according to Parker so him losing upgrades makes no sense), its not known if he ever lived with avengers and if he supported Stak during Civil War since Stark no longer even knows who he is, Harry Osborn is somehow alive again and Parker never got married to MJ, they supposedly broke up long ago. Quesada-man promised to give some kind of explanation but he never did. Also I dont see how he's gonna explain over 15 years of comicbook stories that he erased. Did I miss anything?

The dumbest part is that Mephisto has essentially been upgraded to a low level Universal reality warper, far beyond what he should be capable of. I can accept him erasing the memories of some people but also changing continuity on such a scale? No way, not Mephisto.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 10:55 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
. Hitosu Moriko
Restricted

Account Restricted

(reported)

im not a quitter

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 03:04 AM
. Hitosu Moriko is currently offline Click here to Send . Hitosu Moriko a Private Message Find more posts by . Hitosu Moriko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rader
Person

They wanted to blow us away with Spiderman Revealing his identity, but needed to fix it afterward. They were prolly planning this as soon as the Civil War was brought up.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2010 07:08 PM
rader is currently offline Click here to Send rader a Private Message Find more posts by rader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

You know spider-man was my very first comic book and i have a huge collection of his books....i stopped reading him continually but still catch some issues or read them online because of the deal...and like stated above it was stupid because peter knew better....IMO yes he sacrificed his wants, needs and gains(once again)to save people/person....do i agree with it?...well not really but i never agre'ed with him unmasking himself in the first place...but those story's in no way made me stop likening the character in no way.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Last edited by BlackZero30x on Mar 24th, 2010 at 09:54 PM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2010 09:52 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote