KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » Welcome to the Star Wars Role-Playing Area! New arrivals please read!

Welcome to the Star Wars Role-Playing Area! New arrivals please read!
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (50): « First ... « 47 48 [49] 50 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Go look in the Character Creation thread for Ush's games if you're interested. Games are currently closed to new players due to their point in the plot but you're welcome to apply!

Old Post Apr 8th, 2010 06:54 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WingBlade
Restricted

Account Restricted

This seems more active than unhosted. So Ill give it a try.

Thank to TxG

Old Post May 13th, 2010 04:24 AM
WingBlade is currently offline Click here to Send WingBlade a Private Message Find more posts by WingBlade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

You'll want to find the character creation thread and read all the rules, then. smile Though you may have to wait awhile.

Old Post May 13th, 2010 04:33 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gollumizer

Ok im intererested pm me as soon as you can
And we'll talk specifics, i useed to play a lord of the rings rp but im really rusty any help would be great

Old Post May 20th, 2010 06:09 PM
gollumizer is currently offline Click here to Send gollumizer a Private Message Find more posts by gollumizer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

I would like to run my own Star Wars game here, with a make-it-up-as-you-go plot, meaning the players will have endless possibilities. You will vote on which time peroid it is going to be set, that will determine which character types you can play as. And everything will be decided by the roll of a D20 by me, chalked against any difficulties I decide are apparent. :P

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 06:39 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Ush and the original members of this forum did something like that awhile back. Went pretty well for awhile.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 07:05 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Cool... if I am allowed to do this and I get around to it, will maybe you participate?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 08:09 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlush
Dark Lord of Felt

Hi Guys!

I stumbled across this site while trying to find some RPG ideas for a game I proposed long, long ago to another forum I used to visit. I have run two... no, three different Star Wars RPGs (and countless non-SW ones) on other forums, but my main problem was that I'd always end up with two or three dedicated Star Wars fans, while the rest left to do something they called "life".

I was checking out your member boards here and it looks like you have many more players than the forums I had visited, so perhaps my latest RPG idea would be perfect for you guys!

Here's the premise of the game:

Star Wars: Remembrance

IT has been 2 years since the end of the Great Galactic War. The last remaining bastion of Republic planets are crumbling under the weight of their rebuilding efforts. The Sith Empire is scattered, the True Sith annihilated, the Sith Order itself nowhere to be found. The Jedi are crippled and weak.

The Universe is in Chaos.

Many planets have no allegiance. They are merely trying to survive in a galaxy that has given them no other option. Smugglers, crime lords, mercenaries and bounty hunters run rampant, unchecked. Millions are dead and many more dying. The heroes that "won" this war have all perished.

But you've survived.

This is a chance to set the wrongs of the Galaxy right. A chance to reunite and bring order to the universe. Or perhaps it is a time to take your rightful place at the head of a new Galactic Order...

Whatever your desires, now's the chance to act...

I have a bit of background and things ready as well, but I just want to see if there's any interest out there whatsoever smile

Thanks!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2010 12:13 AM
DarthPlush is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlush a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlush Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlush
Dark Lord of Felt

As a Note: The game takes place roughly 2,500BBY. The "Great Galactic War" is pretty much the what happens in Star Wars: The Old Republic, the upcoming MMO. So this is set AFTER the end of that conflict, as perceived by what I believe the outcome of that war will be.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2010 01:00 AM
DarthPlush is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlush a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlush Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlush
Dark Lord of Felt

My apologies, above post was incorrect:

It is set in a period known as The Republic Dark Age, roughtly 1,100BBY.

"Do you remember the light? Do you remember how it felt? Because I don't. It is far gone from this Galaxy... perhaps never to return again... and if you ask me, that is a fate far worse than death."
- Jedi Master Tavius Qel-Doray to the Jedi Council, upon handing in his Lightsaber and leaving the Jedi Order with a dozen other Jedi Knights in tow.

The Previous century had been chaos. War ran rampant through the galaxy as the New Sith Wars escalated. The wars had lasted almost a millennia, with only short, dull periods of peace in between.

Both the Republic and the Sith Empire were collapsing, and not from just the conflict - the very foundations of each organization were in disarray, and traitors were abundant. Everyone, it seemed, wanted to be leader, and none the follower.

The Republic, in dire economic turmoil, has shut down their expansive HoloNet, leaving many of their outlying representative planets in the darkness. Previously abundant sources of valuable minerals had now been exhausted - the Republic Army had long since become a volunteer service.

The Jedi Order, once protectors of the Republic, had become so inundated with the gargantuan task of maintaining conflicting politics at bay that they themselves became corrupted. Many saw the Jedi Council's overseeing of the Grand Assembly as a pursuit of power, something that the Jedi Order professed never to want. Many Jedi separated from the order.

The Empire was gone. The Sith had crumbled, mostly under their own treacherous weight. From this, dozens of Sith Lords, proclaiming to be the new Emperor reborn, rose from the ashes, but none have managed to solidify their powerhold on even a single planet. As far as the Republic is concerned, the threat of the Sith is minuscule in comparison to the dissolution of the Republic.

It is here that our story begins.

With you.

This game will be based on a d20-hybrid system. *SHOCK* I know, I know, d20 is the devil, but it's very easy to adapt it to Star Wars if you know what you're doing. When I say "hybrid" I mean there are special rules when it comes to Force powers, movement, combat etc. but the basis of "Attributes", "Skills" and "Feats" remains the same, albeit with different names.

Sorry for posting so much, I'm just trying to do a brain dump of the entire idea so that you guys have SOMETHING to go with smile

Last edited by DarthPlush on Jul 29th, 2010 at 05:20 AM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2010 05:18 AM
DarthPlush
Dark Lord of Felt

Wow, guess there's no interest. smile

Fair enough! If anybody knows any other forums that may have interest in it, please do let me know!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2010 04:08 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

I'm in and no-one ever really checks this place.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2010 04:23 AM
echoplex

does this forum cover the actual rpg as well?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2010 09:13 PM
echoplex is currently offline Click here to Send echoplex a Private Message Find more posts by echoplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by echoplex
does this forum cover the actual rpg as well?

I think you could play using the rules of the official RPGs, though I am not exactly sure.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2010 09:18 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Indeed so.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 9th, 2010 09:28 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Shortly will be rebooting Star Wars: Galaxy at War (or a game like it at any rate), not sure if I should continue in the old thread or start a new one (as it is now set several years after the last thread ended, and while following some of the older characters, is the beginning of a new chapter). We'll see...

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 11:03 AM
A1might_Revan

i want to play but how?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 01:22 AM
A1might_Revan is currently offline Click here to Send A1might_Revan a Private Message Find more posts by A1might_Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Same here whats the rules?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 04:46 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Immagine an old facilities used on Blenjeel yhea this planet in JKA with all those giant worms....
With modfied nexu rancor Krayt dragon etc.... inside.. Take a wiki and imagine modification taht can be made on the most dangerous predators of the star war history....
http://img1.starwars-holonet.com/ho...a_tukata_01.jpg
Look at this. Imaggine a giant Tukatawith force power garding the tumb of his dead masteron the lab...
You are Jedis but your master is a sith infiltrator that lead you in quest of knowledge for his true master...

A device that can change force into matiere and matiere into force energy.... A device build by the celestians or the rakattas and there is a quest an epic quest to find it....
A new RP deep in the unknowed region with a rhand sorcerer.

Last edited by Revanchiste on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 02:00 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 01:56 PM
Revanchiste is currently offline Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Hey Ush, am I cool to revive the old Galaxy at War thread, or start a new one with a similar context in mind?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2015 06:15 PM