KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » TDK, a year later.

TDK, a year later.
Started by: One Free Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
siriuswriter

at the beginning, i saw it in theatres three times.

when it came out on dvd, back to back to back.

now : i still watch it, sometimes within other genres as a marathon or sometimes by itself - and my emotions are still hitting the same high notes even though i know [to the exact second] when the fake batman is going to slam against the mayor's office, when the pile of money goes up in flames, what instant the pencil goes through the thug's skull. i still shiver when the joker enters, laughing that "Ha.... ha ha HA HA HA.... ha.... *giggle*... ha," still laugh at alfred's wittiness, still get my knickers in a twist when bruce wayne's shirt is off and he's mending his own wounds... ahem.

the movie was built for that, i think. plus, it's much easier for me to enter the suspension of disbelief [or whatever it's called] when i love a movie.

it's still the same suspenseful roller coaster ride, and i LOVE it.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 12:18 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lord xyz
I see Ledger doing the dark side brilliantly, Nicholson did the comical/insane side brilliantly, and Hamill did the voice the best.

So maybe join those three together, and you have THE joker.

Nicholson's Joker was more Jack Nicholson than Joker himself. erm The Tim Burton films in general weren't that faithful to Batman anyway. A Batman that killed, Joker killing Bruce Wayne's parents, etc.

I also like how those who didn't like TDK (for whatever reason) claim that Heath failed to capture the true Joker... What a laugh.
Not only did he do that, but he captured the essence the of Joker as well, with the whole agent of chaos thing. Although he adjusted it to make it work for the Nolanverse, he still stayed true to character. Anyone who says otherwise either doesn't know what they're talking about, or just isn’t that familiar with Joker's comic book continuity.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 02:00 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Heath's performance of the Joker is more true, but the Nolanverse is what I don't like, atleast. When I first saw the scars and the bad makeup I was like, wth?

For me, the Joker is a crazy guy that IS a joker. He tells jokes and prances around like an idiot. Heath usually just walks hunched over, whereas Jack was dancing. That's what I like as the Joker. Heath's joker, but actually dancing and doing quirky things, like half way through intimidating the mob he could talk to himself, but not in a threatening way, and then look at the mob and scare them. That's my joker.

You may think I hate Heath Ledger's joker, but no, it's fantastic, but I just want a more unusual, Jack Nicholson kinda Joker. Schizophrenic, narcissistic, OCD, everything.

And yeah, Burton's films did screw the comics a bit.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 06:13 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
saintsaucey

I liked Watchmen.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 02:12 AM
saintsaucey is currently offline Click here to Send saintsaucey a Private Message Find more posts by saintsaucey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Nicholson's Joker was more Jack Nicholson than Joker himself. erm The Tim Burton films in general weren't that faithful to Batman anyway. A Batman that killed, Joker killing Bruce Wayne's parents, etc.

I also like how those who didn't like TDK (for whatever reason) claim that Heath failed to capture the true Joker... What a laugh.
Not only did he do that, but he captured the essence the of Joker as well, with the whole agent of chaos thing. Although he adjusted it to make it work for the Nolanverse, he still stayed true to character. Anyone who says otherwise either doesn't know what they're talking about, or just isn’t that familiar with Joker's comic book continuity.

All of this is just an opinon..your opinon..to say i dont know what i am talking about (since you like to lump everyone together who did not like TDK) or that i am not familiar with the batman comics is a joke on you...posters who do this just amaze me....i am 38 years old and have been reading batman comics for over 30 years....at the least say its your opinon..your post sounds like your in love with Heath Ledger...Heaths performance was way below what i would want from a joker...hell its not even close..His attempt to capture the joker failed...and he as an actor is not even a talented one...i might like one of his performances as an actor..but i cant think of one i enjoyed( maybe Knights Tale?)...and i thought TDK was a bad movie ....and all that is in my opinon...a year later...i would not even spend my money on this movie....and i have every other movie from the batman franchise...a year later and this movie still does nothing to interest me...from Bale as the worst batman/Bruce ever....to the trying so hard to be real... Nolan verse...which barely worked for me in the first one.

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 03:08 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by starlock
All of this is just an opinon..your opinon..to say i dont know what i am talking about (since you like to lump everyone together who did not like TDK) or that i am not familiar with the batman comics is a joke on you...posters who do this just amaze me....i am 38 years old and have been reading batman comics for over 30 years....at the least say its your opinon..your post sounds like your in love with Heath Ledger...Heaths performance was way below what i would want from a joker...hell its not even close..His attempt to capture the joker failed...and he as an actor is not even a talented one...i might like one of his performances as an actor..but i cant think of one i enjoyed( maybe Knights Tale?)...and i thought TDK was a bad movie ....and all that is in my opinon...a year later...i would not even spend my money on this movie....and i have every other movie from the batman franchise...a year later and this movie still does nothing to interest me...from Bale as the worst batman/Bruce ever....to the trying so hard to be real... Nolan verse...which barely worked for me in the first one.

Whoa IMO you are clearly a nut bar! you don't like the dark knight, but you like and own all the other batman movies?? Including Batman Forever and Batman and Robin which are the worst pieces of crap ever.
and you think Bale is the worst Batman ever when IMO he is the best next to Keaton.
Sheldon from the big bang theory got it right, when he said "Joel Schumacher is on my enemies list for nearly single handedly destroying the batman franchise"

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 07:42 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

I still think it's a great movie. Everything about it is A list.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 02:09 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blinky
Android First Class

Was and still is a mediocre movie.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 02:15 AM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Perhaps those who are disapointed about it a year later payed too much attention to Heath Ledger. Sure, he was great, but so was everything else in the movie. The movie wasn't about the damn Joker you know.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 02:43 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by One Free Man
I liked it as much as the next rabid feral heath-ledger-joker fanboy, but the more i see it the more it seems to be an irritating barrage of dramatic climaxes dependent on one strong character's acting which seems to almost carry everyone else.

A year later and now it seems kind of redundant and the film literally seems to go on forever with no basic plot-line.

Watching batman begins, however, almost 4 years later (and over ten re watches easily), and I find myself once again mesmerized.

Watching the dark knight again I feel that its success can only be attributed to its famously well done acting by Ledger (mark Hamill was better though), which was magnified by his death. I will go back to my padded room quietly if you all don't agree, but how do you feel about tdk today? Do you like it as much as when you first saw it with all the hype?
I pretty much agree. Batman Begins is much easier for me to watch again than TDK. I can sit through Batman Begins from start to finish but have to watch TDK in parts for some reason.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 04:04 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

A year later and I still see TDK as one of the greatest movies of all time. It's simply brilliantly done. I haven't watched it as of late, but I definitely will when I get some extra time. It's an amazing movie.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Nov 25th, 2009 03:10 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

A year later I still find the only good scenes to me are the ones with joker And I still find that batman: TDK is overrated, I also liked the scene where Rachel died...she annoyed the hell outta me

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 25th, 2009 07:11 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I enjoyed watching The Dark Knight in the theater 10 times and I continue to enjoy watching every time it comes on hbo, cinemax, starz etc... TDK is simply one of the best films ever made

You've seen TDK in the theater 10 times but don't own the Blu-ray or DVD??

Old Post Nov 25th, 2009 05:16 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

That's odd, but I saw it twice in theaters opening weekend and subsequently got the DVD for my birthday that year. I've watched it a few times on DVD, but not as much as I want to.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Nov 25th, 2009 06:14 PM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by darthmaul1
You've seen TDK in the theater 10 times but don't own the Blu-ray or DVD??

oh, I own the dvd which I watch once every couple of days big grin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 25th, 2009 07:57 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote