KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Star Wars universe vs Transformers universe

Star Wars universe vs Transformers universe
Started by: Hewhoknowsall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Elok Quintly
Sidious Worshipper

And shouldn't we specify which era/continuity is representing the Transformers? Unlike Star Wars, Transformers is spread out into various disparate universes. Even if we were going by G1, we'd have to decide whether or not we were using comic or cartoon continuity, or whether or not the era is during the Great War or the Pax Cybertronia.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 04:11 PM
Elok Quintly is currently offline Click here to Send Elok Quintly a Private Message Find more posts by Elok Quintly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Star wars!Transformers suck!

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2010 03:21 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
To be honest, aren't the Transformers horribly outnumbered? I mean, the Empire alone had 25,000 star destroyers.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 08:00 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Cybertron and its colonies have millions of transformers of all shapes and sizes that can transform into sentient war machines that out perform operator-ran vehicles at every turn.
Fortress Maximus, Omega Supreme, Metroplex, Devastator, Trypticon, Scorponok backed by loads of gestalts would be devastating.

And since Unicron isn't really omnipotent, an included Unicron would just seal their fate that bit more..

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jul 15th, 2010 at 08:30 AM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2010 08:27 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Considering the Empire was toppled by a rag-tag group of rebels, a lone Jedi, his sister, a Wookie and a charming scoundrel, I'd say the Transformer's universe has the edge.

/scan; Transformers have their own Stardestroyers etc.

Also, isn't Unicron massive-planet sized, as he eats moons, planets and suns, while the Deathstar (which was destroyed by one hit) is the size of a "small moon"?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jul 16th, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 10:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Considering the Empire was toppled by a rag-tag group of rebels, a lone Jedi, his sister, a Wookie and a charming scoundrel, I'd say the Transformer's universe has the edge.

/scan; Transformers have their own Stardestroyers etc.

Also, isn't Unicron massive-planet sized, as he eats moons, planets and suns, while the Deathstar (which was destroyed by one hit) is the size of a "small moon"?

Although I'm not saying that SW necessarily wins, this isn't all true.

It wasn't a "rag-tag group of rebels"; the Rebel Alliance was not a joke. It was a well organized and powerful guerrilla force.

The Death Star is nowhere near to being the most powerful superweapon that SW has. For example; the sun crusher can make a sun go nova and is virtually immune to all known forms of SW weaponry.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 12:10 AM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Unicron being the size of a planet actually makes things worse for him, as the Death Star specializes in destroying planet sized objects.

As for the Rebels, and the Empire, the Empire lost because once Palpatine died the Moffs left over all began fighting amongst each other, decimating their own fleets. It wasn't the Rebellion who was solely responsible for their loss, and the Rebels didn't beat them conventionally either (in fact if you ignore the "henchmen vs. main characters syndrome, it's stated that the Empire was more then a match for any Rebel attacks the majority of the time).

As for numbers, Shadowspawn's forces consisted of barely a percentage of the Empire's total manpower, and he was stated to have "thousands" of fighters under his command..

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 01:17 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Naga Sadow solos. Supernova's and infinate troops ftw. Even then Starwars has enough superweapons and Force users to annihilate TFverse. Galaxy Gun, Palpatine, StarForge (unlimited ships), Centerpoint, Sun crusher etc. I don't see TFVerse taking infinate troops and ships while planet-busting missles pop out of hyperspace at random and suns go nova on command. Heck, isn't there something that can throw suns around somewhere in the mythos?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 08:45 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I'm not well enough informed with the SW-verse, though I think that the time-traveling stuff that the Alternity bots do, along with Primus and such would hold up pretty well.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 11:06 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Dunno. Didn't work out for the Terminators too well lol

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 09:08 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Hahaha

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 06:42 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Although I'm not saying that SW necessarily wins, this isn't all true.

It wasn't a "rag-tag group of rebels"; the Rebel Alliance was not a joke. It was a well organized and powerful guerrilla force.

The Death Star is nowhere near to being the most powerful superweapon that SW has. For example; the sun crusher can make a sun go nova and is virtually immune to all known forms of SW weaponry.

No, The Empire was the joke. Which is the point.

Read up a little on Unicron to refresh myself, fool not only devours moons, planets and suns ala Galactus for a living, but he has done so to about 20% of the universe, mind you, universe, not a galaxy. That's a whole lot of destruction and power he's absorbed. Me things one [inept] Empire in one galaxy isn't going to be too much trouble.

Then there's those millions of other bots spread out through cybertronian space.

Last edited by Robtard on Jul 18th, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 11:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, The Empire was the joke. Which is the point.

Give me proof. Oh, and the Empire isn't the only faction in SW. There's the Old Republic, New Republic, Galactic Alliance, Jedi Order, New Jedi Order, etc.

quote:

Read up a little on Unicron to refresh myself, fool not only devours moons, planets and suns ala Galactus for a living, but he has done so to about 20% of the universe, mind you, universe, not a galaxy. That's a whole lot of destruction and power he's absorbed. Me things one [inept] Empire in one galaxy isn't going to be too much trouble.

Then there's those millions of other bots spread out through cybertronian space.

I'd say that he'd count as a near omnipotent.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 11:57 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Give me proof. Oh, and the Empire isn't the only faction in SW. There's the Old Republic, New Republic, Galactic Alliance, Jedi Order, New Jedi Order, etc.

I'd say that he'd count as a near omnipotent.

Because they were a galactic empire and they lost to a couple hooligans. Well, seems like you're now amending the thread to force (haha, get it, again?) yet another SW win. Those factions did not exist all in the same time. It'd be a paradox.

But he's not near omnipotent or omnipotent, just really, really, really powerful. So he'd be included, as per your OP.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2010 03:32 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because they were a galactic empire and they lost to a couple hooligans. Well, seems like you're now amending the thread to force (haha, get it, again?) yet another SW win. Those factions did not exist all in the same time. It'd be a paradox.

This is incorrect. You are calling the Rebels "hooligans" when I showed you how they aren't. Stop making completely unsupported claims.

There are numerous sources showing that the Rebels were a powerful guerrilla force, not a "bunch of hooligans" like you claim without any support or reason.

quote:

But he's not near omnipotent or omnipotent, just really, really, really powerful. So he'd be included, as per your OP.

How powerful? Can he survive a planet busting attack?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2010 05:12 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

This is incorrect. You are calling the Rebels "hooligans" when I showed you how they aren't. Stop making completely unsupported claims.

There are numerous sources showing that the Rebels were a powerful guerrilla force, not a "bunch of hooligans" like you claim without any support or reason.

How powerful? Can he survive a planet busting attack?

Hooligans in regards to how large/powerful the Empire is supposed to be. Face it, Empire fell to a much smaller and weaker force. It's what happens when Empires are grossly mismanaged.

He'd had much of his body destroyed and continued to fight. Death Star is doing nothing but [maybe] punching a couple of holes in him, before it's obliterated. Even them, a bunch of transformers could take it out. Don't need Unicron for the Death Star.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2010 05:35 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hooligans in regards to how large/powerful the Empire is supposed to be. Face it, Empire fell to a much smaller and weaker force. It's what happens when Empires are grossly mismanaged.

True, the Empire was super overarrogant and corrupt, but was still powerful.

quote:

He'd had much of his body destroyed and continued to fight. Death Star is doing nothing but [maybe] punching a couple of holes in him, before it's obliterated. Even them, a bunch of transformers could take it out. Don't need Unicron for the Death Star.

Star Wars turbolasers generate hundreds millions of gigawatts of energy per blast. The Death Star superlaser is estimated to generate energy in the 10^32 joules range.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2010 06:30 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Death Star's powerful enough to punch a hole through a planet and cause it's core to explode. Very powerful and impressive.

That not happening to Unicrom though. It'd [maybe] punch a hole in him, but he wouldn't explode, for reasons noted, guy can function with large portions of his body being completely destroyed.

Besides, I think the Death Star would be the size of marble next to a baseball (Unicron).

Last edited by Robtard on Jul 19th, 2010 at 06:47 PM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2010 06:43 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Death Star's powerful enough to punch a hole through a planet and cause it's core to explode. Very powerful and impressive.

That not happening to Unicrom though. It'd [maybe] punch a hole in him, but he wouldn't explode, for reasons noted, guy can function with large portions of his body being completely destroyed.

Besides, I think the Death Star would be the size of marble next to a baseball (Unicron).

The Death Star blew Alderaan to pieces. That would require a firepower far beyond what is imaginable. The Death Star was stated to be able to blow up any inhabitable planet. Do you have any proof that Unicron could survive that?

Oh, and the Death Star isn't even the most powerful SW superweapon. SW has the Sun Crusher, Galaxy Gun, Centerpoint Station and others as well. Combined with the Star Forge they could make an army of superweapons. And then there are Force users. Oh, and star destroyers with turbolasers that generate hundreds of millions of gigawatts per shot.

Still though, I don't know that much about Transformers. Maybe I'm wrong.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2010 07:02 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

The Death Star blew Alderaan to pieces. That would require a firepower far beyond what is imaginable. The Death Star was stated to be able to blow up any inhabitable planet. Do you have any proof that Unicron could survive that?

Oh, and the Death Star isn't even the most powerful SW superweapon. SW has the Sun Crusher, Galaxy Gun, Centerpoint Station and others as well. Combined with the Star Forge they could make an army of superweapons. And then there are Force users. Oh, and star destroyers with turbolasers that generate hundreds of millions of gigawatts per shot.

Still though, I don't know that much about Transformers. Maybe I'm wrong.

Yes, I've just said the same, it's very powerful. Did you not read what I said? Unicron has survived and continued to fight while having large portions of his body destroyed. Unicron is planet-sized, but he isn't a planet, one shot isn't going to hit his soft and chewy core and make him to explode ala Alderran.

Awesome; but they all fail in magnitude and scope compared to Unicron. Transformers have the ability to scan machines and replicate them, IE they could become Sun Crushers and Galaxy Guns, in all likelihood. Millions of them, as there's millions and millions of transformers in all shapes and sizes.

Also, not sure if all those weapons existed in the same SW time-line.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2010 08:11 PM