KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman killing

Batman killing
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
ITA..

Actually Ra's chose to die, Batman did not kill him, Batman chose NOT to save him
I remember Ra's saying you can't kill me, and Batman was like, no, but I can let you die.

But he was the one that fought him on the train and stuff, so he is responsible.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 08:19 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by steverules_2
I dunno what ITA is but I'm gonna take a shot and say it means 'I Totally Agree' big grin

yep steve..

Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
It would have been more CONVINIENT for Batman to have killed the Joker. But should he have? Thats what many villains do, kill out of convinience. Batman is obviously not a villain.

Batman's will makes him a better character imo than heroes that just go around killing. The Joker even WANTS Batman to kill him on occassion. Joker has been known to egg Batman on. What kind of hero would Batman be if he succumbed and gave his greatest adversary what he wanted?

ITA

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 08:22 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

ROFLcopter. Whats the name of that book? It sounds like an interesting read.

I respect your opinion. Plenty of people would've have massacred the Joker if they were in Batman's position. I cant imagine killing anyone, and I realize that I would be no different from the Joker had I killed him. Thus I can relate to Batman's non-lethal war on crime.
The story's called "Devil's advocate". You should check it out, its good. The first time Joker got into a prison instead of Arkham. Everyone thought that it's gonna break him. It didnt big grin

I cant help but notice tha Joker is right in a sick kind of way. It is a matter of situation, there are times when you cant help but kill and anyone can get in a situation like that. For example if there's a situation when the only way to save a 100 of innocent people would be to shoot some serial killer, or some maniac is about to kill a chld and the only way to prevent it from happening is to kill him. I think even Batman would've done that.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 08:52 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by SamZED
The story's called "Devil's advocate". You should check it out, its good. The first time Joker got into a prison instead of Arkham. Everyone thought that it's gonna break him. It didnt big grin

I cant help but notice tha Joker is right in a sick kind of way. It is a matter of situation, there are times when you cant help but kill and anyone can get in a situation like that. For example if there's a situation when the only way to save a 100 of innocent people would be to shoot some serial killer, or some maniac is about to kill a chld and the only way to prevent it from happening is to kill him. I think even Batman would've done that.

Bats is stubborn as hell. He always finds a way around stuff like that. Hostage situations are an everyday thing for Batman.

BUT, considering there is a situation that Batman cant escape where he must take 1 evil life in exchange for 100 innocents. He would probably end up doing it. However it would take a serious toll on him. He would probably second guess his decision many times over when its already too late. HOWEVER, he would'nt shoot anyone, we all know how Bats feels about guns. He'd use some other method. This is all theoretical of course, seeing as how Batman has always found non lethal ways to escape these situations.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 09:16 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Traction

Originally posted by lord xyz
I remember Ra's saying you can't kill me, and Batman was like, no, but I can let you die.

But he was the one that fought him on the train and stuff, so he is responsible.

"I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you"

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 09:29 PM
Traction is currently offline Click here to Send Traction a Private Message Find more posts by Traction Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by The Heap
"I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you"

Either way, I think its pretty much universally agreed that the ending of BB is really uncharacteristic of Batman.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 09:32 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Bats is stubborn as hell. He always finds a way around stuff like that. Hostage situations are an everyday thing for Batman.

BUT, considering there is a situation that Batman cant escape where he must take 1 evil life in exchange for 100 innocents. He would probably end up doing it. However it would take a serious toll on him. He would probably second guess his decision many times over when its already too late. HOWEVER, he would'nt shoot anyone, we all know how Bats feels about guns. He'd use some other method. This is all theoretical of course, seeing as how Batman has always found non lethal ways to escape these situations.
True. Even when Red Hood was trying to force him to kill Joker he found a way around it.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 10:03 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

He would shoot someone if enough happened. He was about to shoot Alex Luthor and he did shoot Darkseid

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 12:17 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by jalek moye
He would shoot someone if enough happened. He was about to shoot Alex Luthor and he did shoot Darkseid

The fact remains that he didnt shoot Alexander Luthor. And Darkseid is a god. Batman made an exception to the gun rule for him. However, it is common knowledge that Batman has a dislike for guns.

Last edited by Micheal_Myers on Nov 5th, 2009 at 01:07 AM

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 01:03 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

The fact remains that he didnt shoot Alexander Luthor. And Darkseid is a god. Batman made an exception to the gun rule for him. However, it is common knowledge that Batman has a dislike for guns.

yea he dislikes them, but I'm sure if a little more had happened he would have pulled that trigger on alex, he was on the brink of crossing the line.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 01:21 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by jalek moye
yea he dislikes them, but I'm sure if a little more had happened he would have pulled that trigger on alex, he was on the brink of crossing the line.

Thats very human. Who hasnt come close to crossing the line? Batman is only a man after all. What matter's here is that he had some sense talked into him. He was able to once again overcome the urge to cross the line.

Also, you and I both know Batman would have severely regretted it if he did shoot Alex Luthor. That would haunt Batman for quite some time. Would probably piss off alot of fans too..

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 04:40 PM
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Huh, after reading a death in the Family it seems like Batman was seriously out to kill the Joker. And in the end, it seems like he pulls a Batman Begins on the Joker.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2009 07:20 PM
darthmaul1

Either way, I think its pretty much universally agreed that the ending of BB is really uncharacteristic of Batman.

Technically speaking Batman didn't kill the joker in tim burtons batman, hitting the ground killed him.
and as for ras agul the train crash killed him,
He's not going to just simply stab a guy and kill him that way.
I think that we may be looking to much into this, but he chose not to save ras agul cause he knew he was a very big threat. and as for the joker, he chose to save him i think because he was more in the public eye and would be judged for letting him die. and i think the joker wanted him to let him die.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2009 07:47 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Technically speaking Batman didn't kill the joker in tim burtons batman, hitting the ground killed him.
and as for ras agul the train crash killed him,
He's not going to just simply stab a guy and kill him that way.
I think that we may be looking to much into this, but he chose not to save ras agul cause he knew he was a very big threat. and as for the joker, he chose to save him i think because he was more in the public eye and would be judged for letting him die. and i think the joker wanted him to let him die.

agreed

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 10th, 2009 08:07 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by darthmaul1
and as for the joker, he chose to save him i think because he was more in the public eye and would be judged for letting him die. and i think the joker wanted him to let him die.

You think Batman cares what the public thinks? Joker has killed hundreds, Jason Todd, and paralyzed Barbara Gordon. Batman has set out to END the Joker numerous times, but each time he comes to his senses before. Do you really think the public would hate on Batman for killing a psychopath who constantly threatens the life of millions causing all of Gotham to fear him? To be honest, if I were a Gotham citizen, I would rather Batman had killed the Joker a long tim ago.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 02:35 PM
steverules_2

You think Batman cares what the public thinks? Joker has killed hundreds, Jason Todd, and paralyzed Barbara Gordon. Batman has set out to END the Joker numerous times, but each time he comes to his senses before. Do you really think the public would hate on Batman for killing a psychopath who constantly threatens the life of millions causing all of Gotham to fear him? To be honest, if I were a Gotham citizen, I would rather Batman had killed the Joker a long tim ago.

I think he was talking about the movie...

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 02:45 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by steverules_2
I think he was talking about the movie...

Movie or not, I really doubt the people of Gotham want Joker alive. I'm sure they'd much rather see him dead so they can sleep better at night.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 03:02 PM
darthmaul1

I was talking about the movie... and yes Batman does care what the public thinks that is why he took the fall for Dent and the people Dent killed, cause it would hurt the public to know that Dent killed them. That is why he tries to bring the criminals to justice and why he was cleaning up the justice system weeding out the coruption. He would turn into a criminal himself if he just went around killing the fugitives that he was capturing. Batman has to have faith that once he catches the criminal that the justice system will prevail.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 07:21 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Movie or not, I really doubt the people of Gotham want Joker alive. I'm sure they'd much rather see him dead so they can sleep better at night.

There can lots of threats made by Batman and Jim Gordon about someone crossing the line, but Kingdom Come put this to rest.
Magog killed Joker in broad daylight - in police custody - and was acquitted by a jury. Because the truth is, you're not going to find a jury anywhere willing to convict you for putting down the Joker.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 13th, 2009 03:47 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

The reason batman didn't kill joker is cause joker wanted batman to kill him, to make him cross the line like he did with Dent...but if batman killed joker he knew that he'd be no better than the joker had he killed him, I'm sure batman may have considered killing joker but he wouldn't do it cause he knows that if he killed there wouldn't be much difference between him and joker...I may be wrong in thinking that but yeah smile

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 13th, 2009 06:11 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote