KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Griffin versus the Decepticons.....

Griffin versus the Decepticons.....
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
See my comment above about the Decep he's trying to teleport and it having to be in active motion. It's likely he'd get tagged while trying to get to one, considering how many guns are into play here. Maybe a few, but he's not clearing or coming close to it.
He jumps a bot, then jumps back, out of their line of fife. Jumps another, jumps back a good distance away. He jumps and jumps, faster than they can track and fire, he clears easily IMO. You're forgetting how fast he can jump.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 07:21 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
He jumps a bot, then jumps back, out of their line of fife. Jumps another, jumps back a good distance away. He jumps and jumps, faster than they can track and fire, he clears easily IMO. You're forgetting how fast he can jump.

He jumps very fast, not as fast as say Nightcrawler, but fast enough.

See my comment about the bot he's trying to jump and it having to be moving. This is his achilles-heel here.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 07:28 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually that's not accurate, he had those big ass generators at his lair, remember? Likely he got those from inside a store. And the Decepticons will surely be moving durng battle, trying in vain to track him.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 07:31 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Actually that's not accurate, he had those big ass generators at his lair, remember? Likely he got those from inside a store. And the Decepticons will surely be moving durng battle, trying in vain to track him.

Those generators are a couple hundred pounds each, not several ton robots.

He clearly states that an object need be moving, if it's too large. A car was used as an example in the film.

Yeah, some of them will be, I still say he gets tagged after a couple of these attacks while trying to find the moving Decep.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 07:37 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Those generators are a couple hundred pounds each, not several ton robots.

He clearly states that an object need be moving, if it's too large. A car was used as an example in the film.

Yeah, some of them will be, I still say he gets tagged after a couple of these attacks while trying to find the moving Decep.
OK, so he ports to a distant vantage point, somewhere they cannot see him, and when he sees one moving, he jumps it.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 07:41 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

OK, so he ports to a distant vantage point, somewhere they cannot see him, and when he sees one moving, he jumps it.

They're highly advanced robots and there's a scene where you see them having a multitude of visual spectrum. Think it was TF1 with Blackout. So he's likely to be targeted and eventually shot to shit, imo, it'd be sooner than later.

If we apply the "basic knowledge of each others opponent" rule, then he's even more screwed.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 07:44 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I kinda implied that they just meet, they know nothing of each other.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 07:52 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

And for the record, I thought about it a bit. Griffin clears the Decepticons easily until he gets to Starscream and Megatron, they stand a good chance of tagging him.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 08:05 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

anyone with a gun kills him without too much difficulty.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 08:14 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

How? How can they track someone who teleports too fast to track?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 08:17 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

How? He can jump from Paris to Egypt, to Houston, to Rob's house, to Louisiana. He jumps back, grabs them, jumps them to a volcano, bada bing, dead bot.

Jump back into a ball of fire and get fried?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 08:22 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

How? How can they track someone who teleports too fast to track?

Because he isn't. You keep talking how he could port from one end of earth to the other, except in the movie he never does that. When he was chasing/being chased by Anakin he got tagged/tagged him easily.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 08:25 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Placidity
Jump back into a ball of fire and get fried?
A possibility. But this is why he would jump to a distant vantage point and wait for a safe jump. Watch them from a distance, wait for his moment. However you spin it, Griffin pwns the Decepticons easily until Starscream and Megatron, who have flight capabilities.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 08:25 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Are you saying they'd throw electrical wires at him? Because I don't recall anyone of them having this attack. Enlighten me.

Jolt, electrify!

Although the Decepticons weren't shown doing it, I would assume they put the new parts on Megatron the same way.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 08:32 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Also if the Decepticons keep moving, Griffin has no freaking chance. Every time he ports back in he would need to observe what is happening, the Deceps wouldn't be in the same spot. He would get shot in the face/blasted to pieces/ran over.

You still haven't addressed how he would possibly beat the Fallen.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 08:35 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also if the Decepticons keep moving, Griffin has no freaking chance. Every time he ports back in he would need to observe what is happening, the Deceps wouldn't be in the same spot. He would get shot in the face/blasted to pieces/ran over.

You still haven't addressed how he would possibly beat the Fallen.
OK, lets say Griffin snags a Decepticon and ports him into a volcano. At this point, the Decepticons start moving to and fro, searching for him. How far can a Decepticon move in the time it takes Griffin to jump back, in your estimate? 100 feet? 200?

And I didnt really mean to include the Fallen, but I guess we can do two scenarios, one with the Fallen, one without.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 08:44 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Look at how fast Griffin can jump here, you are seriously underestimating his powers.

In particular:

:40, he jumps from the desert to Tokyo in the bat of an eye.

From 1:00 to 1:19, he is jumping the car here and there, onto the sides of buildings, as if it were nothing.

2:09 to 2:17, he is all over the Coliseum, it takes him like a millisecond to jump.

2:39, he jumps the truck at Rice Bowl.

BTW, I totally forgot he can jump in midair, from one spot to the next, as shown in the vid, he and Rice Bowl can. Not to mention he jumped an entire bus at Sam.

So, he ports onto a Decepticon, ports it away, then is back in maybe two seconds. The Decepticons will be on the move, no doubt, but they will be in the same general area. So when he returns, he ports to a vantage point a few hundred feet away, waits for the right time, then ports another Decepticon away.

And if Starscream or Megatron take to the air, he can simply port onto them, then port them into a volcano.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 09:13 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

And if Starscream or Megatron take to the air, he can simply port onto them, then port them into a volcano.

No he can't. They are moving at great speeds - he will port to where they are at one instant, by when he materializes they would be somewhere else. Port a flyer into a volcano, how does that work?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 09:21 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

No he can't. They are moving at great speeds - he will port to where they are at one instant, by when he materializes they would be somewhere else. Port a flyer into a volcano, how does that work?
It's just a theory

Ok, sooner or later Megatron os SS will have to land to capture/kill him, right? So he jumps around, here and there, out of their line of sight/fire, and when they land, he ports them away. If he is jumping around as fast as he can, no way in hell are they able to shoot him.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 09:24 AM
steverules_2

Are you saying they'd throw electrical wires at him? Because I don't recall anyone of them having this attack. Enlighten me.

I never said that was an attack

They could easily CREATE some electric wires because they aren't robtards wink Thats you enlightened eek!

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 02:24 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote