KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Griffin versus the Decepticons.....

Griffin versus the Decepticons.....
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Quincy
Debaser

If they shoot at him, and he jumps, the bullets would probs still hit him right? Jump scars?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 03:38 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some people just shouldn't make threads.

Three pages and it still hasn't been established how this guy is even going to fight against them, much less win.

All I've seen is "He's too fast.", so? A bluebottle housefly is too fast for some humans. Who would win in a fight though?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 04:16 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Quincy
If they shoot at him, and he jumps, the bullets would probs still hit him right? Jump scars?
Possibly, but Griffin is no ones fool, he'll surely know that the bullets are coming, he'll simply jump again at a different angle to avoid them. After the initial barrage, the Decepticons will have trouble tracking him. After he makes his initial jump, they'll be looking around, scanning the area for him, then FOOMP FOOMP, he is there and gone again in less than a second before they even see him. He returns and grabs another Decepticon, shower, rinse repeat.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 04:24 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Some people just shouldn't make threads.

Three pages and it still hasn't been established how this guy is even going to fight against them, much less win.

All I've seen is "He's too fast.", so? A bluebottle housefly is too fast for some humans. Who would win in a fight though?

-AC

You're kidding, right? OK, I'll go slower for you.....

The Decepticons have him surrounded.....Griffin ports on the back of a Decepticon and ports away with it......The Decepticons are looking around like WTF.....Griffin ports back, grabs another, and is gone in less than a second.......The Decepticons are firing wildly.....Griffin ports to a vantage point a safe distance away, waiting for a safe jump.....Griffin sees his chance, ports in, grabs another Decepticon, ports away with it......He repeats this process until they all go bye bye, dumped into a volcano, dropped into the Grand Canyon, dropped into a deep ocean trench, whatever, the possibilities are endless.

Griffin porting to and fro, dropping Decepticons whereever he pleases, this is how he fights them.

Houseflies cannot port from London to France to China to etc etc etc; Humans have flyswatters.

Explain, please, the part you dont understand, or a flaw in this plan of attack.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 04:30 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
You're kidding, right? OK, I'll go slower for you.....

The Decepticons have him surrounded.....Griffin ports on the back of a Decepticon and ports away with it......The Decepticons are looking around like WTF.....Griffin ports back, grabs another, and is gone in less than a second.......The Decepticons are firing wildly.....Griffin ports to a vantage point a safe distance away, waiting for a safe jump.....Griffin sees his chance, ports in, grabs another Decepticon, ports away with it......He repeats this process until they all go bye bye, dumped into a volcano, dropped into the Grand Canyon, dropped into a deep ocean trench, whatever, the possibilities are endless.

Griffin porting to and fro, dropping Decepticons whereever he pleases, this is how he fights them.

Houseflies cannot port from London to France to China to etc etc etc; Humans have flyswatters.

Explain, please, the part you dont understand, or a flaw in this plan of attack.

The problem is that once again you have just scripted out a fight in favour of the character you want to win. You do this often and it's actually retarded for a man of your age to be doing something so childish.

What you just described is essentially like me saying "I could beat the New England Patriots on my own. Just run around all of them, dodge that guy, jump over that guy, swerve around that guy then run to the touchdown line.".

That's essentially what you just did for Griffin. You scripted it out for him despite there being no sensible way he would be able to damage them enough to win this fight.

Certainly not every Decepticon in the movies, ever.

You are just saying what you want to happen. Why do I STILL have to explain the purposes of fantasy fights to you? If you're going to script them, there's no point having them, since you've decided a factually detailed path for a fight that'll never happen.

The point of fantasy fights is to discuss who might win and how. Not every single movement down to the punch. Also, I love how you say "I'll go slower for you.". Go slower for everyone, then. Because nobody here seems to half understand your absolutely logicless and ridiculous thread ideas. It's just you.

What about THAT do you not understand? You've clearly decided that Griffin wins, in your mind. You are never convinced otherwise, you never concede defeat (See Sideswipe/Bumblebee thread), so what's the point in THIS thread?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Nov 4th, 2009 at 04:47 PM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 04:41 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

The problem is that once again you have just scripted out a fight in favour of the character you want to win. You do this often and it's actually retarded for a man of your age to be doing something so childish.

What you just described is essentially like me saying "I could beat the New England Patriots on my own. Just run around all of them, dodge that guy, jump over that guy, swerve around that guy then run to the touchdown line.".

That's essentially what you just did for Griffin. You scripted it out for him despite there being no sensible way he would be able to damage them enough to win this fight.

Certainly not every Decepticon in the movies, ever.

You are just saying what you want to happen. Why do I STILL have to explain the purposes of fantasy fights to you? If you're going to script them, there's no point having them, since you've decided a factually detailed path for a fight that'll never happen.

The point of fantasy fights is to discuss who might win and how. Not every single movement down to the punch. Also, I love how you say "I'll go slower for you.". Go slower for everyone, then. Because nobody here seems to half understand your absolutely logicless and ridiculous thread ideas. It's just you.

What about THAT do you not understand?

-AC

Scripted? K. All I did was explain how he would use his powers to defeat them. Same as me saying Luke would use his force powers to defeat a group of Tuskens. Same as I would say Wesley Gibson would bend bullets to pwn John Preston. Same as I would say Ultraviolet would use her speed to defeat Huo Yuanjia. THAT'S how fantasy fights work, we discuss ones powers and how they might use said powers to defeat their foe, and that's all I have done, in great detail.

I already admitted he would have trouble with Starscream and Megatron, and scenario two, with the Fallen, he probably gets pwned. Also, dropping a Decepticon into the Grand Canyon from thousands of feet wouldn't damage them? Dropping them into a volcano would do shit to them?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 04:49 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Scripted? K. All I did was explain how he would use his powers to defeat them. Same as me saying Luke would use his force powers to defeat a group of Tuskens. Same as I would say Wesley Gibson would bend bullets to pwn John Preston. Same as I would say Ultraviolet would use her speed to defeat Huo Yuanjia. THAT'S how fantasy fights work, we discuss ones powers and how they might use said powers to defeat their foe, and that's all I have done, in great detail.

I already admitted he would have trouble with Starscream and Megatron, and scenario two, with the Fallen, he probably gets pwned. Also, dropping a Decepticon into the Grand Canyon from thousands of feet wouldn't damage them? Dropping them into a volcano would do shit to them?

See, "how he WOULD use his powers to defeat them.". You've already decided that he'd win without any doubt in your mind, it's a foregone conclusion.

Fantasy fights are not all about ignoring the opponents in favour of someone you like, or scripting out fights, which is what you do EVERY TIME unless you don't know the area well, i.e; Transformers, Marvel etc. You ask people then leech your own opinion.

You are assuming it's a certainty he's going to drop them into a volcano, though. This is the problem, you've decided what he factually would do and that the Decepticons couldn't stop him. On that note, why does this thread exist? Why ask us when you've already decided who'd win in your mind?

I ask you this because you do not concede defeat, so it can't be that you're open to mind changing. On top of that, you're just about the only person here that understands where you're coming from or why.

It's not just me, RJ. I know you'd like to believe it is, but it's really not. A time comes where you have to look at your threads and think "Maybe I suck at these.". Because you do.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 04:53 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Funny, I see no one else complaining about this thread except for you. Coincidence? And if you don't like the thread or my threads in general, GTFO. Barging in like a little girl with a skinned knee makes you look pathetic.

Clear?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 04:56 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Honestly, if Griff can't get his hands on some Sabot, I think he'll have a very hard time winning this. He could prolong it all to hell, no doubt, but other than that he's seriously disadvantaged.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 04:58 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Another Griffin supporter I see above.

Another person who sees precisely your thinking on this, RJ.

Funny, I see no one else complaining about this thread except for you. Coincidence? And if you don't like the thread or my threads in general, GTFO. Barging in like a little girl with a skinned knee makes you look pathetic.

Clear?

I'm not barging in am I? Stop being hurt.

I posted when the thread was first created and multiple people along with me have expressed confusion or bafflement at how this even works. You seem to be the only one who thinks it's a good match.

Who else supports this?

How many pro-Griffin posts have there been, Vs "How could he even do anything?" and other various counters to you?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 04:59 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I posted when the thread was first created and multiple people along with me have expressed confusion or bafflement at how this even works. You seem to be the only one who thinks it's a good match.

Who else supports this?

How many pro-Griffin posts have there been, Vs "How could he even do anything?" and other various counters to you?

-AC
Nah, they weren't clear on Griffins powers, or how he would use them here, I explained it quite clearly.

It "works" because Griffin can jump anything that moves to whereever he wants, and his jumping speed is far too fast to follow. It's quite simple.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 05:03 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Who else supports this?

-AC

Why am I suddenly a supporter by stating he's at a disadvantage? Because I have a few ideas of how he could eke out a win that are massive risks?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 05:05 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah, they weren't clear on Griffins powers, or how he would use them here, I explained it quite clearly.

It "works" because Griffin can jump anything that moves to whereever he wants, and his jumping speed is far too fast to follow. It's quite simple.

There is no "WOULD", you don't know for sure how the fight would go. Do you need me to write that in M.S. Paint for you to understand it?

There's "Might", "Could", "May be able to"...if you can sustain and give reason. There is no "Would".

You've explained it and still, nobody agrees with you so far. Unless someone does out of pity.

No alarm bells at all, really?

Originally posted by XanatosForever
Why am I suddenly a supporter by stating he's at a disadvantage? Because I have a few ideas of how he could eke out a win that are massive risks?

It was sarcasm. I thought that was painfully obvious.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 05:06 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Sorry, I still have some trouble deciphering sarcasm over text from time to time.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 05:11 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

There is no "WOULD", you don't know for sure how the fight would go. Do you need me to write that in M.S. Paint for you to understand it?

There's "Might", "Could", "May be able to"...if you can sustain and give reason. There is no "Would".

You've explained it and still, nobody agrees with you so far. Unless someone does out of pity.

No alarm bells at all, really?

-AC
I know there is no way to know for sure how the fight would go, I am merely explaining one way he could win. Hell, for all we know, he'd freeze like a deer in headlights.

And if he did what I said he would, yes, he would pwn in epic proportions.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 05:25 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know there is no way to know for sure how the fight would go, I am merely explaining one way he could win. Hell, for all we know, he'd freeze like a deer in headlights.

And if he did what I said he would, yes, he would pwn in epic proportions.

No, you explained ways that you felt he WOULD win. You never put across any doubt.

If I did what I said I would, I'd beat the New England Patriots.

It's not as easy as what you WOULD want to do, it's about what you could do and if you can then DO it.

This is what it has taken you ages to understand.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 05:42 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by steverules_2
I never said that was an attack

They could easily CREATE some electric wires because they aren't robtards wink Thats you enlightened eek!

That didn't make any sense, Stevie. Are you drinking again?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 06:02 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Robtard
That didn't make any sense, Stevie. Are you drinking again?

I may have mixed some birth control pills with some vodka...but I still made sense I'll explain some more, the decepticons...are clever, they would study griffin, learn his weakness...create a weapon for his weakness and then use that weapon. They would used electric wires...they'd get some from a hardware store or something.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 06:07 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by steverules_2
I may have mixed some birth control pills with some vodka...but I still made sense I'll explain some more, the decepticons...are clever, they would study griffin, learn his weakness...create a weapon for his weakness and then use that weapon. They would used electric wires...they'd get some from a hardware store or something.

How exactly would they conclude 'he can teleport, ergo his weakness is electrical current'?

I think they'd take the simpler approach and just shoot him to shit.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 06:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Robtard
How exactly would they conclude 'he can teleport, ergo his weakness is electrical current'?

I think they'd take the simpler approach and just shoot him to shit.

Kinda hard when he can jump far away from them

They could easily hack into the paladins secret computer or something to find out about the weakness, I mean come on...the decepticons are amazing hackers and besides if we humans were able to find/figure out their weaknesses I'm sure that they can as well smile

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 07:41 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote