KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » One-Armed Grimmjow vs. Byakuya

One-Armed Grimmjow vs. Byakuya
Started by: Luminatus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EvilAngel
Over the hills

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
I dont think Grimmjow is neccesarily slow. Matter of fact, I believes he's actually rather fast.

Also, Zommari isnt as strong as Grimmjow, seeing as he is Espada 7.

Now thats just silly, lets take a look back and see how well Byakuya handled Ichigo's Hollow powers.....Yeah, not too well. Well Released Grimmjow faired quite impressively against Hollow form Ichigo. I'd say Grimmjow takes it with no contest in full power.

Kenpachi is a pretty inconsistant character. There is NO way Ichigo could take Nnoitra without all the upgrades he's recieved since the Soul Society Arc. However Kenpachi lost to Ichigo without soo much as Ichigo's Bankai....I call PIS on Ichigo's victory on Kenpachi.

It's silly to think the guy who'se taking on the 0 espada could beat the 6th?

..... humour me.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 12:58 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

The 0th Espada who has continued to be largely unimpressive...

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 01:03 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by EvilAngel
It's silly to think the guy who'se taking on the 0 espada could beat the 6th?

..... humour me.

Oh yeah, and he's definitely "taking him on" all by himself too.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Facts are facts, Byakuya couldnt handle Ichigo's Hollow powers. Grimmjow could in his released form.

Last edited by Micheal_Myers on Nov 5th, 2009 at 01:16 AM

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 01:13 AM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by NemeBro

Well he did beat the crap out of Ichigo and Ichigo's most powerful attack didn't even do that much damage to him. The 0th Espada even once said that Grimmjow and Ulquiorra were weak compared to him. Before Ichigo received more damage, Byakuya sliced the 0th Espada's arm off with Senbosakura (if I even spelled that right) with ease. If Byakuya can easily slice the limbs off the toughest Espada, he can easily destroy Grimmjow.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 01:14 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Well he did beat the crap out of Ichigo and Ichigo's most powerful attack didn't even do that much damage to him. The 0th Espada even once said that Grimmjow and Ulquiorra were weak compared to him. Before Ichigo received more damage, Byakuya sliced the 0th Espada's arm off with Senbosakura (if I even spelled that right) with ease. If Byakuya can easily slice the limbs off the toughest Espada, he can easily destroy Grimmjow.

Wow! And Kenpachi cut off one of his legs. Yet, Kenpachi struggled against Nnoitra. Once again inconsistant as I said earlier.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 01:19 AM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

All of the espada are looking unimpressive right about now =\

Fact is though Kenny and Byakuya look good on Yammy atm.

Oh yeah, and he's definitely "taking him on" all by himself too.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Facts are facts, Byakuya couldnt handle Ichigo's Hollow powers. Grimmjow could in his released form.

....Mmmm, this arguement is incorrect from a basis.

Ichigo is using Hollow powers when he fights Grimmjow for the second and last times.

Hollow Ichigo fought Byakuya, not Ichigo. And not Ichigo using hollow powers

The problem with this is that Hollow Ichigo has demonstrated skill with his weapon worlds apart from Ichigo.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 01:31 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Starrk has the single best speed feat to date in Bleach, Barragan has a broken ability that would not let Yammy come near him, Halibel...Yeah she kinda sucks, Ulquiorra can toss blasts comparable to a low-yield nuke, etc. etc.

Yammy is less impressive than three of the top four.

He used to be a big dumb guy. Now he is an even bigger dumb guy. Only noticeable difference.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 01:47 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Ichigo is using Hollow powers when he fights Grimmjow for the second and last times.

The problem with this is that Hollow Ichigo has demonstrated skill with his weapon worlds apart from Ichigo.

Regardless, 'Soul Society' Byakuya wouldn't be able to handle Vizard Ichigo. If Vizard Ichigo takes him on with the same mindset he had when he faced Grimmjow in Karakura, 11 seconds is more than enough. Extreme speed was Senbonzakura Kageyoshi's weakness then (and perhaps even now).

Yammy is less impressive than three of the top four.

To be honest, so far, he's less impressive than even the 8th, 7th, & 6th espada so far.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 02:01 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

So you think Byakuya could take Ichigo using his Hollow powers? Even then he couldnt even handle his Bankai?

Last edited by Micheal_Myers on Nov 5th, 2009 at 02:25 AM

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 02:17 AM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

So you think Byakuya could take Ichigo using his Hollow powers? Even then he couldnt even handle his Bankai?

That's pretty much what I think. Yes

Note: Grimmjow could not handle Vizard Ichigo, as both times he fought it, he lost to it. Considering in their second fight he was able to get killed before the mask broke.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 02:58 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Current Byakuya possibly could take him on. Not Soul Society arc Byakuya though.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 03:26 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Current Byakuya possibly could take him on. Not Soul Society arc Byakuya though.
What makes you think there's any difference in strength level?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 03:31 AM
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

What is Stark's speed feat?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 03:35 AM
Luminatus is currently offline Click here to Send Luminatus a Private Message Find more posts by Luminatus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

That has absolutely no backing to it. erm

Considering NORMAL Bankai Ichigo beat Byakuya.

And Luminatus, Starrk's feat was grabbing Orihime, and instantly transporting her to the tower in Las Noches before Kenpachi and Ichigo could stop him.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 03:47 AM
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Note: Grimmjow could not handle Vizard Ichigo, as both times he fought it, he lost to it. Considering in their second fight he was able to get killed before the mask broke.

Grimmjow released could and DID handle Vizard Ichigo. Ichigo was about to die until Orihime PIS kicked in. Who was able to get killed? Nobody died in that fight. Perhaps you're assuming Ichigo had opportunities to kill Grimmjow before his mask began to shatter. But you really have no evidence of that since they were fighting pretty on par. My personal belief is that Ichigo's victory over Grimmjow is completely the result of PIS.

Byakuya was defeated by Bankai Ichigo. Grimmjow base form smacks around Bankai Ichigo like a *****. I dont see how you could possibly come up with an equation that results in Grimmjows defeat.

Vizard Ichigo>Grimmjow>Bankai Ichigo>Byakuya

quote:

Possibly the fact that he's now swatting Espada level opponents down like they're nothing i.e. Zommari.

This whole conversation is making me realize how inconsistant every Bleach character is. At the beggining of the arc, Toshiro (Captain level Shinigami mind you..) can barely take down a Fraccion. Now Captain Level Shinigami are fighting Espada level Arrancar out of nowhere and taking them down.

Byakuya and the other Captains must have began honing their skills off screen after learning of the Arrancar threat.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 04:05 AM
Demonic Phoenix

a) What makes you think there isn't? Most characters (that we see fighting properly in both arcs) have become stronger in this arc.
Remember, everyone has been training in preparation for this war. Byakuya may be an arrogant snot, but even he would train to get stronger.

b) If he could not handle Bankai Ichigo's speed, what's he going to do against someone that is much faster, stronger and deadlier?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 04:41 AM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
a) What makes you think there isn't? Most characters (that we see fighting properly in both arcs) have become stronger in this arc.
Remember, everyone has been training in preparation for this war. Byakuya may be an arrogant snot, but even he would train to get stronger.

Because i have my doubts being who are hundreds of years old would get much stronger than their current level within a few months.

I've been doing some thinking. And it's occurred to me.

"All the captains got stronger" or any statement which resembles this. Is wrong.

We all agree that Bleach is inconsistent strength-wise. So because it;s the captains that seemed to have become buffed we label them as inconsistent. But that assumption is wrong.

"The simplest solution is most often the right one"

Ichigo.

The only person that allows us any insight that makes us think the captains became stronger in order to fight the espada is Ichigo.

I work on the basis the less you have to change in a problem to make it correct would be the simplest. So when i thought about All the captains got a power boost, even Kenpachi who we saw lazing on his butt it didn't seem simple. But in one sentence i found a plausible solution.

Ichigo got weaker.

If that's true, everything fits.

My theory is simply that while his Hollow was fighting him for control his powers were drained. After gaining his mask back he began to learn to use his powers again, thus climbing the ladder back to where he was before.

And before you say it, this does have some backing to it

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/218/20/

It was after Ichigo attained Bankai did Shirosaki make his first appearance as Ichigo. I theorise after learning BanKai that is when Shirosaki became stronger then Zangetsu, and starting screwing with Ichigo's power.

And before you say, Ichigo's got stronger even after he got his mask. It's been shown his mask has been changing, that is likely the cause of that.

At the very least that makes more sense than random power boosts for all captains because they did a ickle bit of training.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 05:06 AM
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

That'd be all good if it wasnt said that Vasto Lorde Hollows were stronger than Captain Level Shinigami. That combined with the fact that the espada are Vasto Lorde level Hollow who have removed their masks and become even more powerful as Arrancar. The Captains would HAVE to become stronger to defeat them. As would Ichigo. Also, dont you think that at least one character or even Ichigo himself would notice him getting weaker? Seems like if Kubo Tite wanted Ichigo to have become weaker, he would have put SOMETHING in the manga to show us that, rather than some inconsistancies.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 05:29 AM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

That'd be all good if it wasnt said that Vasto Lorde Hollows were stronger than Captain Level Shinigami. That combined with the fact that the espada are Vasto Lorde level Hollow who have removed their masks and become even more powerful as Arrancar. The Captains would HAVE to become stronger to defeat them. As would Ichigo. Also, dont you think that at least one character or even Ichigo himself would notice him getting weaker? Seems like if Kubo Tite wanted Ichigo to have become weaker, he would have put SOMETHING in the manga to show us that, rather than some inconsistancies.

Ugh, you are aware that the only possible Vasto Lorde's in the series is Wonderweiss and Stark. Right?

Well....
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/193/20/

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 05:47 AM
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Ugh, you are aware that the only possible Vasto Lorde's in the series is Wonderweiss and Stark. Right?

Well....
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/193/20/

Whats that link supposed to prove? Ichigo did not go full power there because he did not want to be taken over by his Hollow. He says it right there in the scan.

You do have a point. I mistook all the espada for Vasto Lorde class due to their human like form. But quickly realized all Arrancar recieve that form. So on that, you are correct.

Last edited by Micheal_Myers on Nov 5th, 2009 at 06:29 AM

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 06:24 AM