KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » One-Armed Grimmjow vs. Byakuya

One-Armed Grimmjow vs. Byakuya
Started by: Luminatus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
That was AFTER the fight with Yammy. At that point in time (vs. Yammy) Ichigo never knew that by drawing on more power from Zangetsu, Shirosaki would be able to take over.

Seems to me that Ichigo has a pretty good idea of whats happening in the first frame of this scan.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/193/20/

Sorry for the double post.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2009 02:53 AM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Seems to me that Ichigo was refusing to let him take control in the first frame of that scan.
Not only that, but he was thinking 'Go Away Go Away Go Away Go Away' a few pages back. Now why would he think that, if all he needed to do was to lower his power so that Shirosaki would not take control?
As a matter of fact, why would he clutch his head if he wasn't struggling with Shirosaki? Wouldn't he be trying to fight Yammy instead of clutching his head if what you think is true?

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2009 03:19 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Seriously, that quote refers to Ichigo fighting for control with 'Shirosaki' (though I have no idea where that came from. Personally I prefer to call him Ogihci), so when Ichigo's power fluctuates to being stronger that Ulq its becuase Shiro is on top becuase Shiro>>>>>>Ichigo, then Ichigo represses him again and he becomes 'trash' etc.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2009 04:06 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
The embed on the video above didnt work. Sorry. Here's a link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmpcpod12Zs

I disagree they seemed entirely even. Ichigo being Ichigo wasn't in the game which is the only reason he was loosing.

He only used his mask to protect Inoue.

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

Fair enough. Though you could have at least stated that you would reply later stick out tongue.

Nothing to do with my happiness, though it's nice to see that you are concerned about that .

I think your theory explains mine better than i did.

I now see it that when Shirosaki said he became the dominate force within Ichigo he meant what you were saying.

This explains what i think perfectly. Simply said

Originally posted by Nephthys
Seriously, that quote refers to Ichigo fighting for control with 'Shirosaki' (though I have no idea where that came from. Personally I prefer to call him Ogihci)

As a name Kurosaki means Black/Dark blade.
Shirosaki means Light/White blade.

Hence Shirosaki. typically if you put in into a search engine you'll get more hits than Ogihci, so it's just easier to only use that one name.

Last edited by EvilAngel on Nov 6th, 2009 at 04:20 AM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2009 04:16 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Nephthys
Seriously, that quote refers to Ichigo fighting for control with 'Shirosaki'

Correct.

Originally posted by EvilAngel

I think your theory explains mine better than i did.

I now see it that when Shirosaki said he became the dominate force within Ichigo he meant what you were saying.

This explains what i think perfectly. Simply said

It's still my theory...stick out tongue.

Though one thing I find odd is that the black lines increase which shows that Ichigo is embracing his hollow side, and yet Shirosaki is white.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2009 04:29 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Okay, let me say it like this.

Pre-bankai Ichigo beat Kenpachi. Who beat Nnoitra, espada 5
Vizard ichigo beat Grimmjow, espada 6
Peak Bankai Ichigo beat Byakuya, who beat Zommori espada 7

Are you seeing it from my PoV yet?

Yes. Ichigo's strength in each fight is gimped and Kenpachi's was waaaaay over-powered with his fight with #5.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2009 05:51 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

I think Zommari fell victim to CIS, as I wonder why he didn't just capture Byakuya's head before the latter figured out the weakness of Zommari's release.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2009 05:59 AM
dadudemon

Ugh, you are aware that the only possible Vasto Lorde's in the series is Wonderweiss and Stark. Right?

Well....
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/193/20/

Barringan was the only confirmed Vasto Lorde. He was the "Lorde" of ALL Hallows. It doesn't get anymore definitive than that. Starrk and Wonderweiss are still speculation at this point. Even Ulq is not confirmed as a Vasto Lorde.

Now, I have another theory: Toshiro's statement was Hyperbole designed specifically to "drum up" hype for the Espada.

And, your idea about Ichigo getting weaker WOULD explain everything, it is justi has too many contradictions. At one point, someone (maybe it was Rukia), looks at Vizard Ichigo and is like "gaspity, he just keeps getting stronger" etc. Maybe that was in the anime.

There's other little tidbits like that, that would provide contradictions to that theory, I would have to read the manga a lot, though, to figure that out.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2009 06:07 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

I disagree they seemed entirely even. Ichigo being Ichigo wasn't in the game which is the only reason he was loosing.

He only used his mask to protect Inoue.

Grimmjow definitely gets an upper hand on him. Either way, if Ichigo didnt use his mask that Blue Cero probably would have messed him up bad, Inoue or not. Also, even though they seem to be on even footing. Look at their facial expressions as they cross swords. Grimmjow looks like he's having a grand old time, while Ichigo appears to be struggling a bit. The facial expressions is admittedly speculation though.

Either way, even or not. Grimmjow + another upgrade(release)>Bankai Ichigo>Byakuya.

As for Byakuya vs One Armed Grimmjow...I'm not soo sure anymore...

Old Post Nov 6th, 2009 03:00 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by dadudemon
Barringan was the only confirmed Vasto Lorde. He was the "Lorde" of ALL Hallows. It doesn't get anymore definitive than that. Starrk and Wonderweiss are still speculation at this point. Even Ulq is not confirmed as a Vasto Lorde.

Now, I have another theory: Toshiro's statement was Hyperbole designed specifically to "drum up" hype for the Espada.

And, your idea about Ichigo getting weaker WOULD explain everything, it is justi has too many contradictions. At one point, someone (maybe it was Rukia), looks at Vizard Ichigo and is like "gaspity, he just keeps getting stronger" etc. Maybe that was in the anime.

There's other little tidbits like that, that would provide contradictions to that theory, I would have to read the manga a lot, though, to figure that out.

Okay.... so he rule over a bunch of hollows in a large/super sized city area in the Japan region in the hollow world. That makes him the king of all hollows in all the world? I think that's a little silly. Given only Barragan claimed he was the king of all Hollows, and i think it's fair to say we all know how far up his own arse he was.

Barragan was surrounded by servants and minions all the time.

Any that were around stark, literally died from his spiritual pressure. Stark is in a different league to Barragan.

So far, Toshiro's statements are all we have on who is and is not a VL. There is less going for Barragan being one than against him, that's all there is to it.

I don't recall this. I remember her saying his power had become wild, or there along the lines of, but nothing of what you're saying.

It's just a theory of mine that has less plot holes than assuming all captains got a random power boost. I'm not saying "This is the truth, believe it" just that as i see it, this makes a heck of all more sense than what else we have for idea's.

Originally posted by Micheal_Myers

Either way, even or not. Grimmjow + another upgrade(release)>Bankai Ichigo>Byakuya.

As for Byakuya vs One Armed Grimmjow...I'm not soo sure anymore...

A B C logic is a fail. Exactly why most peoples arguments for this fight doesn't do anything for me.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2009 10:46 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I was going to have a fairly lengthy post to argue this further, but then my internet died and was deleted. So now I probably will not make one. no expression

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 12:08 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by NemeBro
I was going to have a fairly lengthy post to argue this further, but then my internet died and was deleted. So now I probably will not make one. no expression

God bless the internet....

I mean, what were you going to argue against?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 12:10 AM
NemeBro

God bless the internet....

I mean, what were you going to argue against?
You dissin' mah boi Barragan.

Mostly just the Vasto Lorde thing.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 12:16 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Yeah, he's a fat smelly old man no expression

I see. Well neither of us can 'prove' it, it's all down to opinion, right?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 12:20 AM
NemeBro

Yeah, he's a fat smelly old man no expression

I see. Well neither of us can 'prove' it, it's all down to opinion, right?
He's not fat, he's an angry buff short old man who wears fur, has a crown, and has a battle-axe. He's a Viking.

Of course, but that has never stopped me before.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 12:23 AM
King Kandy

If there were Hollows that weren't ruled by Barragan, he wouldn't have been sitting on his ass being bored, he would have been out trying to conquer them.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 12:31 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

He's not fat, he's an angry buff short old man who wears fur, has a crown, and has a battle-axe. He's a Viking.

Of course, but that has never stopped me before.

He has a beer belly. Thing about him being a viking is, Viking are cool, he isn't stick out tongue

....touche

Originally posted by King Kandy
If there were Hollows that weren't ruled by Barragan, he wouldn't have been sitting on his ass being bored, he would have been out trying to conquer them.

Why do you think this?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 12:42 AM
NemeBro

He has a beer belly. Thing about him being a viking is, Viking are cool, he isn't stick out tongue

....touche

Why do you think this?
...Not really...Also, he is so clearly beyond awesome, you are simply blinded by the awesomeness and have become deluded to believe he is not.

I winRAR is me. stick out tongue

3. Well Barragan is arrogant, and has a desire to conquer and rule everyone that opposes him, why would he not?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 01:12 AM
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

The idea that the top Espada aren't Vasto lordes is as retarded as the people who insisted the strongest demons in Yu Yu Hakusho were never seen. You see Koenma said the strongest demons were way way down and we never went way way down. So obviously Raizen and Mokuro were just chumps and the real baddies were somewher eelse.

Honestly. People have so little faith in author's storytelling abilities. Even if you don't like Bleach, no authro is retarded enough to have all his strongest villains be second-rate to nothing.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 01:17 AM
Luminatus is currently offline Click here to Send Luminatus a Private Message Find more posts by Luminatus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

I think you're confused.

I never said that VL's were never seen, i'm saying i just don't think Barragan is one. Nothing wrong with that since i've stated my reasons why i think that

...Not really...Also, he is so clearly beyond awesome, you are simply blinded by the awesomeness and have become deluded to believe he is not.

I winRAR is me. stick out tongue

3. Well Barragan is arrogant, and has a desire to conquer and rule everyone that opposes him, why would he not?

................Sure.... that has to be the answer.... *coughs*

He was under the belief he was a god. If so then one would think he assumed everyone and everything was under his rule. The fact he was unable to identify Aizen was a sign he's not aware of things beyond his borders.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 01:41 AM