KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Star Wars universe vs Lord of the Rings universe (MODIFIED)

Star Wars universe vs Lord of the Rings universe (MODIFIED)
Started by: Hewhoknowsall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Star Destroyers?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 01:33 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
No (unless if you consider the Force to be magic), but I don't see your point. SW tech >>>>>>>>>...>>>>...>>>...>>> LOTR tech/magic

Considering my point had NOTHING to do with 'SW tech > Magic' or vice-versa, I can see why you didn't see it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 06:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard

Stars Wars= About a man-child's (Luke) struggle with his latent
homosexuality and his incestuous kinks.

Ahh . . . The late 70's.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 10:17 PM
jayce78 is currently offline Click here to Send jayce78 a Private Message Find more posts by jayce78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wilferel

I'm sorry, but does it seem like LotR Universe has but one planet (Middle Earth) mentioned?

But remember the Morgoth thingy. Even a hundred Death Stars couldn't pwn an entire Satan-class devil.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 12:31 AM
Wilferel is currently offline Click here to Send Wilferel a Private Message Find more posts by Wilferel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Wilferel
I'm sorry, but does it seem like LotR Universe has but one planet (Middle Earth) mentioned?

But remember the Morgoth thingy. Even a hundred Death Stars couldn't pwn an entire Satan-class devil.

That unto itself is debatable (about whether or not Morgoth could defeat SW), but we're leaving out Morgoth/anyone above Sauron here.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 10:06 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Originally posted by Wilferel

fingolfin did it... no expression

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 04:41 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jamefril

Ummm... I really like LOTR but there is NO way that they even have the slightest chance against Star Wars!
#1.) Star Wars has tanks, that alone wins the first senario. Especially with the Turbo Tanks, they wouldn't even have to fire a shot, they could just run over all the little soldiers.
#2.) 2 Jedi Masters against a group of people with sticks and steel? LOTR does not have access to cortosis so they have NO defense against lightsabers. Not only that but you allow them precognition. Even though Gandalf can use magic, that won't help much.
#3.) Same as number 1. LOTR gets killed. Star Wars has tanks, but whatever they can't take care of, the Grand Army of the Republic just has all the troopers to whip out their Thermal Detonators and their Rocket Launchers and blow LOTR to Nal Hutta! I think SW wins without even trying(poor Pippin)!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 05:13 AM
Jamefril is currently offline Click here to Send Jamefril a Private Message Find more posts by Jamefril Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Star Wars universe vs Lord of the Rings universe (MODIFIED)

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
1. An ARMY vs. ARMY battle, with the GROUND military forces of the Grand Army of the Republic, the Galactus Empire and the Grand Army of the Republic going up against all of LOTR armies. Anybody Sauron and below is allowed for the LOTR side.

2. A GROUP battle: Yoda and Mace Windu vs the Fellowship, Force only allowed to enhance senses and pre cog.

3. An ALL OUT ARMY battle, like 1, only EVERYBODY except for Valar/Eru are allowed.

Star Wars:

Ships that travel at billions of times the speed of light.
Ships that have the firepower of millions of Hiroshima atom bombs per shot.
An entire galaxy of resources.
The Force (although not as useful for 1 and 3)
Land forces with very powerful tanks, walker and armor that can withstand spear hits with but a nick in it (the armor).

Lord of the Rings:

Pretty high quality melee weapons
Some magic, though most don't have access to it
Sauron
Dragons
Balrogs
Trolls and other such monsters
****in spite.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 08:30 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote