KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Star Wars vs Star Trek, Lord of the Rings and Battlestar Galactica

Star Wars vs Star Trek, Lord of the Rings and Battlestar Galactica
Started by: Hewhoknowsall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (47): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
I'm saying a turbolaser battery struggles to damage an unshielded hanger deck...Let alone a shielded (in some cases multi-regenerative shielded) starship.

You really are THAT THICK aren't you?

Time span has NOTHING to do with it. It's tech level.

Yes you've discussed shields and weapons. Unfortunately you were beaten in those discussions. You failed to address any of the weapons I talked about.

So again...Counter them point for point.

Weapons that can pass through shields because they don't exist in the same space/time

bioships that number in their thousands and potentially billions given that they have an entire universe and can destroy Borg shielded planets in seconds.

Weapons that completely dwarf in power, anything the SW has shown...namely the multikinetic neutronic mine....that can destroy an area thousands of times bigger than a solar system.

Do you have an answer for any of them? Do you have a SW equivalent for any of them that even remotely measures up to their destructive capabilities?

If not (and we both know you don't) then how can you claim that SW has superior weapons?

Yes...ST has basic phasers that have punched to the core of planets from orbit.

ST rarely uses armour? In what sense? The Borg have both ablative armour on their ships and personal shielding on the drones.

And, as someone already said in the other thread, ST EU has huge amounts of ground forces within it's EU canon.

Superweapons.

Multikinetic neutronic mine...far more powerful than anything in SW

Xindi superweapon...planet buster

species 8472 bioships...planet buster (and potentially billions of them)

Reman Scimitar's thaleron radiation weapon (can destroy all life on a planet)...The ship itself has a perfect and undetectable cloak...52 disruptor banks and large numbers of torpedo bays.

Krenim time weapon...Could wipe out all timelines that led to SW superweapons.

Are you still not going to counter these points with anything other than your blind love for SW?

I've already responded to a huge majority of the above multiple times already. Stop going around in circles are posting the same arguments over and over again:

Yes, it clearly is.

The acclamator class is actually an assault ship. So to claim it's solely a transport ship and not a war ship is, quite frankly, lying. Where as the Enterprise-D is a science vessell with some low powered weaponry and defences.

To put any vessel from Star Wars against something from the upper regions of power from Star Trek and the SW ship gets whupped.

We'll go back to my points.

Doesn't SW have any answer to the following weapons.

Chroniton torpedos (as previously mentioned)
Transphasic torpedos (which work similar to above mentioned)
Phased Polaron Cannon.
Polaron Torpedos
Thaleron Radiation superweapon (On the Reman Scimitar)
Phased Plasma Torpedos
Isokinetic Cannon
Multikinetic neutronic mines of some 5 million isoton yield (a 54 isoton weapon can destroy a planet). The mine itself can affect entire star systems.
The Dreadnaught missle. A fully independant AI, warp 9 capable WMD capable of destroying a planet.
Q-guns. Weapons which have the outward appearance of an American civil war rifle but in reality actually fire Supernovae level explosions.

Come back to me when you have an answer for any of those.

Or even for the fact that all ST ships would need to do is transport a high powered torpedo straight onto the bridge of every SW ship.

I'm ignoring the fact that you keep trying to use the enterprise D as somehow the best that ST has to offer.

Big deal. It has projectile weapons. They're still useless against Borg shields. Given that we know Borg ship shields adapt to projectile weapons then it's safe to assume Borg personal shields do too.

If you can use hyperbole arguments with no basis in canon such as that star forge can produce thousands of galaxy guns then I can just as easily say that every planet in the ST universe can have a cloak (which hides life signs...one of the actual points of having a cloak in the 1st place)

Well done, they have replicators...Care to elaborate on what they're used for?

Do they have transporters that can be used for tactical deployment of weapons or troops
?
Do they have time and space warping weapons?

Do they have weapons that can destroy everything in a radius of 5 light years?

Do they have fleets of ships that can destroy planets in seconds?

1 ST race would wreak havoc on the SW universe. The Krenim with their time ship. They could simply go back to when each and every deadly weapon that the SW univserse has to put into battle and change the events so it never exists in the 1st place.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 10:21 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Because SW exists over a million years, then, based on the parameters for this debate (which take into account ALL of each universe's history) SW has every soldier, weapon and ship over a million years.

Which is the exact opposite of what you just said was allowed 2 posts ago.

Nice going.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 10:21 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Because SW exists over a million years, then, based on the parameters for this debate (which take into account ALL of each universe's history) SW has every soldier, weapon and ship over a million years.

WTF, now we're taking into account every person, species that ever existed? LoL. In that case, ST has millions of years too, there was an episode in STNG, which explained how one older (humanoid) race seeded billions of worlds throughout the universe.

This is stupid though, to include everything that ever was.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 10:23 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I've already responded to a huge majority of the above multiple times already. Stop going around in circles are posting the same arguments over and over again:

YOU HAVEN'T TOLD ME WHAT IN STAR WARS TECHNOLOGY WOULD STOP THOSE WEAPONS, THOUGH...HAVE YOU?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 10:23 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which is the exact opposite of what you just said was allowed 2 posts ago.

Nice going.

Where? When? Also, both of us are regularly bringing up technology from multiple different points in SW/ST history, so are you all of the sudden changing this?

I stated it:

NO OMNIPOTENTS/NEAR OMNIPOTENTS

This is all of the universes in their entire history.

Who wins?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 10:24 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
WTF, now we're taking into account every person, species that ever existed? LoL. In that case, ST has millions of years too, there was an episode in STNG, which explained how one older (humanoid) race seeded billions of worlds throughout the universe.

This is stupid though, to include everything that ever was.

Indeed. I believe the Dyson's sphere in "Relics" was supposed to be ancient. The technology to build it was ridiculously far more advanced than anything SW has to offer.

To build a structure that could entirely surround a star at a large enough distance for life to exist on its inner surface. Enough of a surface area to hold quadrillions of life forms and the equivalent of 250 million earth sized planets.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 10:28 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

"NO OMNIPOTENTS/NEAR OMNIPOTENTS

Who wins?"

What do we do about species like the Q then? As they evolved into omnipotence. We would have to include ever single step in their history up until they became omnipotent. That second-to-last step (or 3rd) which would be allowed here, would likely yield a species powerful enough to destroy everything else in both ST and SW combined, yet still not omnipotent.

See, further proof you need to think deeper before you make Vs threads and you need to educate yourself on ST.

Last edited by Robtard on Nov 12th, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 10:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Where? When? Also, both of us are regularly bringing up technology from multiple different points in SW/ST history, so are you all of the sudden changing this?

I stated it:

quote:
What is actually shown, yes.

That in reference to my query about whether we can combine tech from all the time lines or use them as actually shown.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 10:30 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

How the drowning flail about blindly.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 10:32 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

"NO OMNIPOTENTS/NEAR OMNIPOTENTS

Who wins?"

What do we do about species like the Q then? As they evolved into omnipotence. We would have to include ever single step in their history up until they became omnipotent. That second-to-last step (or 3rd) which would be allowed here, would likely yield a species powerful enough to destroy everything else in both ST and SW combined, yet still not omnipotent.

See, further proof you need to think deeper before you make Vs threads.

As I said in a quote in the last page, what is actually shown is used. The Q in their steps of evolution are almost completely unknown and never shown.

That in reference to my query about whether we can combine tech from all the time lines or use them as actually shown.

We may use:

All races, beings and tech that is shown throughout its history, but no alternate timelines.

How the drowning flail about blindly.

You really haven't made that much of a contribution to this argument.

Please explain the fact that an Aclamator is millions of times more powerful than the Enterprise D.

I'm waiting.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 10:33 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

As I said in a quote in the last page, what is actually shown is used. The Q in their steps of evolution are almost completely unknown and never shown.

You really haven't made that much of a contribution to this argument.

Please explain the fact that an Aclamator is millions of times more powerful than the Enterprise D.

I'm waiting.

It'd be illogical to assume the Q went from stone-age chimps to near-Gods, with no steps in between. Then of course, if you knew anything of ST, you'd know that Q's task was to study the human race, because the Q where once like the human race (see early comment about the ancient species who seeded the universe), but they evolved into their omnipotence over millions of years. Q also stated that the human race would [likely] eventually end up as the Q.

Jaden has done an excellent job obliterating every single pro-SW point here, he's also been exceedingly patient with you. I add when I can.

Jaden covered that already with you about 5 times now. You're comparing a warship vs a science-vessel and slyly trying to impose that the Enterprise D is the height that all of ST has to offer. Both are sad attempts to Force (haha) a win.

Last edited by Robtard on Nov 12th, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 10:44 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

It'd be illogical to assume the Q went from stone-age chimps to near-Gods, with no steps in between. Then of course, if you knew anything of ST, you'd know that Q's task was to study the human race, because the Q where once like the human race (see early comment about the ancient species who seeded the universe), but they evolved into their omnipotence over millions of years. Q also stated that the human race would [likely] eventually end up as the Q.

Jaden has done an excellent job obliterating every single pro-SW point here, he's also been exceedingly patient with you. I add when I can.

Jaden covered that already with you about 5 times now. You're comparing a warship vs a science-vessel and slyly trying to impose that the Enterprise D is the height that all of ST has to offer. Both are sad attempts to Force (haha) a win.

But their evolution is not shown explicitly, so we can't just speculate their levels.

Actually, often times when he quotes my posts he literally IGNORES (doesn't even quote) large portions of them.

For example: what stops SW from using the Star Forge to create a fleet of galaxy guns and then use it to destroy every major planet in ST? Even if they manage to cloak the planets, SW will be able to see supply ships and such coming in and out of invisible places (since they will need supplies and such at some point), and then proceed to fire at those locations.

About the Aclamator vs Enterprise:

Are you saying that a transport/assault ship from ST would also be millions of times more powerful than the Enterprise?

And a science vessel should not be millions of times less durable than an outdated transport ship if ST tech was, as Jaden claims, far superior to SW's. Heck, even if tech is equal, a science vessel is not millions of times less durable. A car (although not a science vessel, my point is the same) is not millions of times less durable than a military humvee.

Besides, Jaden claimed that the Enterprise would actually beat a star destroyer...

And the Enterprise has shown to stand up to military vessels from ST, has it not?

And in a ground engagement, SW would absolutely destroy ST, and since SW planetary shields have withstood days/weeks of bombardment from star destroyers, in order to invade a SW planet ST would have to land an invasion force, which would get slaughtered.

Last edited by Hewhoknowsall on Nov 12th, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 10:49 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

ALSO:

SW communications is superior, 100 light years to galactic vs 22 light years

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 10:57 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

LoL, you don't actually read everything; just skim through. I'll make it simpler.

-Q where once like the human race.

-Q evolved over millions of years into near-gods.

Ergo, that is both a lot of people,tech and power; this is just one race in ST. You really ****ed up doing the "entire history" angle, as ST stomps even harder. Though the Borg could likely do it.

No, Jaden has. You're also ignoring that even the Enterprise-D, a sci-vessel can fire hundreds of times further than a super-massive warship from SW. Not getting hit is a great advantage.

Last edited by Robtard on Nov 12th, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 11:00 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

ALSO:

SW communications is superior, 100 light years to galactic vs 22 light years

Let me guess, you're only including The Federation as being ST here? Read up on 'Subspace', in ST.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 11:02 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

LoL, you don't actually read everything; just skim through. I'll make it simpler.

-Q where once like the human race.

-Q evolved over millions of years into near-gods.

Ergo, that is both a lot of people,tech and power; this is just one race in ST. You really ****ed up doing the "entire history" angle, as ST stomps even harder. Though the Borg could likely do it.

No, Jaden has. You're also ignoring that even the Enterprise-D, a sci-vessel can fire hundreds of times further than a super-massive warship from SW. Not getting hit is a great advantage.

BUT IT WAS NEVER SHOWN! We never see the Q in their earlier forms of evolution, so they aren't in.

And you just ignored my entire argument. Please quote it AND RESPOND TO MY STATEMENTS!

For example:

Is an outdated assault-transport ship in ST millions of times more powerful than the Enterprise like an outdated assault-transport ship from SW is?

Let me guess, you're only including The Federation as being ST here?

The Federation is demilitarized yes, but that shouldn't decrease their communication ability.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 11:03 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I see, you'll include everything in SW, blindly, yet cherry-pick shit out of ST because it further destroys your argument. Good one, champ, but you really stuck your foot up your ass with this "entire history" nonsense. Should have just kept in movies/shows.

Again, this is one ship from one species. Also, in ST, superbly powerful technology can be overcome, by exploiting frequencies, modulations and such, this is something ST does, improvises on the fly. This is often shown in the shows/movies. Jaden also has shown you tech/weapons that nullifies shields and armour.

Read up on Subspace communications in ST. Instant contact across the galaxy.

Edit: Better yet, educate yourself on ST and then come debate. The movies, TNG, DS9 and Voyager are all loaded with info.

Last edited by Robtard on Nov 12th, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 11:08 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

I see, you'll include everything in SW, blindly, yet cherry-pick shit out of ST because it further destroys your argument. Good one, champ, but you really stuck your foot up your ass with this "entire history" nonsense. Should have just kept in movies/shows.

Again, this is one ship from one species. Also, in ST, superbly powerful technology can he overcome, by exploiting frequencies. modulations and such, this is something ST does, improvises on the fly. This is often shown in the shows.

Read up on Subspace communications in ST. Instant contact across the galaxy.

Edit: Better yet, educate yourself on ST and then come debate. The movies, TNG, DS9 and Voyager are all loaded with info.

...you still haven't actually responded to the majority of my arguments.

I mean quoting parts of them and then responding to each part, like I would do w/Jaden.

Not ignoring almost everything I say and nick picking on random points.

And what have I cherry picked out of ST? Not allowing the evolutionary forms of Q which have NEVER been shown or explicitly described? What are we to do, speculate and make up how powerful the Q were/how quickly they evolved? What if the Q used mechs? What if at some point they had super hydro acid nuclear array missiles? What if they had spears that could be thrown that travel through space time and impale an enemy target from lightyears away, and they produced exactly 5 of these as super assasination weapons but they were destroyed by the ancestor of Q when he used a bow and arrow to destroy the control button when he was 25 years old? What if, what if?

YOU HAVEN'T TOLD ME WHAT IN STAR WARS TECHNOLOGY WOULD STOP THOSE WEAPONS, THOUGH...HAVE YOU?

What do you mean "STOP" these weapons? Shields can stop most of them, those that warp space time and that are solar system destroyers SW can't STOP them, but ST can't STOP the Sun Crusher either, so what's your point?

Last edited by Hewhoknowsall on Nov 12th, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 11:13 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

We would include everything they had over millions of years of evolution, from being "like humans" to god-like, as per YOUR rules.

You're just crying now, because you inadvertently destroyed your argument even more.

I wonder what the entire history of Species 8472 would yeid, as they have a universe to themselves. Certain death for SW, that's for sure.

Last edited by Robtard on Nov 12th, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 11:19 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

We would include everything they had over millions of years of evolution, from being "like humans" to god-like, as per YOUR rules.

You're just crying now, because you inadvertently destroyed your argument even more.

I wonder what the entire history of Species 8472 would yeid, as they have a universe to themselves. Certain death for SW, that's for sure.

Now you're just bashing. You still haven't responded to any of my posts.

And you still ignore the thread rules, as the entire history of Species 8472 is not shown nor described.

I've disproven every "argument" that you've thrown, and you have yet to respond to any of mine.

Stop acting like as if you're winning this debate. You are losing and have yet to present a single rational piece of valid evidence.

Last edited by Hewhoknowsall on Nov 12th, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 11:23 PM