KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Sartorius vs. Kaiba

Sartorius vs. Kaiba
Started by: Luminatus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sartorius vs. Kaiba

I just witnessed the most one-sided Duel Monsters game in either Yu-Gi-Oh or GX. At least in my opinion.

Sartorius vs. Ojin

The only other duel that was even close to that is Kaiba vs. Bully

Both matches involve h4x. Sartorius has precog and Kaiba summoned Obelisk without any monsters to sacrifice. And I checked the original Japanese even. It goes from Kaiba and the Bully squaring off to Obelisk appearing over the city a second later. It seems to be a giant plothole.

But either way, magic power or plot power, which was the bigger stomp?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 03:10 AM
Luminatus is currently offline Click here to Send Luminatus a Private Message Find more posts by Luminatus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Wow, that wouldn't work. Satellite Cannon looses it's atk points after it fires....<.< But it was the bigger stomp even if it shouldn't have worked.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 03:42 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kento
Wow, that wouldn't work. Satellite Cannon looses it's atk points after it fires....<.< But it was the bigger stomp even if it shouldn't have worked.

remember that scene that was at least in the english dub where Yugi's Buster Blader was hit by a way more powerful Slifer, but as Yugi said "Thankfully my Buster Blader had enough attack points to survive!"

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 03:44 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
remember that scene that was at least in the english dub where Yugi's Buster Blader was hit by a way more powerful Slifer, but as Yugi said "Thankfully my Buster Blader had enough attack points to survive!"
Yea, I think I do. So many things in the anime just are wrong when compared to the game. Activating cards at the wrong times, and everything. lol It's no wonder kids have trouble playing the actual game.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 03:54 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Then was the time he summoned Kuriboh, but Slifer's second mouth ability didn't activate, but I thought that it was mandatory.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 03:59 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Didn't you see the yugi and Kaiba duel vs the two rare hunters?

He plays Lord of dragons with two flute of summoning dragons. In his first move he has 3 blue eyes and a Hyonzon or whatever the 4th dragon was.

In his next turn he summons Obelisk, sacrifices his two other monters and has it Autowin the game.

my vote goes to Kaiba. He's actually a rival to Yugi, the King of Games.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 04:11 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Then was the time he summoned Kuriboh, but Slifer's second mouth ability didn't activate, but I thought that it was mandatory.
Wasn't there one time when Kaiba used a card to special summon a monster, and somehow Yugi used its effect also to summon when he shouldn't have been able to?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 04:19 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Depends really. If Kuriboh was summoned during battle (or damage step I think), Slifer cannot activate it's ability. It's compulsory, but it depends on when the monster is summoned. Even the God cards are subject to such rules.

Wasn't there one time when Kaiba used a card to special summon a monster, and somehow Yugi used its effect also to summon when he shouldn't have been able to?

Flute of the Summoning Dragon. Kaiba got two Blue-eyes, and Yugi somehow got Red-eyes >__>.

~ Bottom line is that the anime requires suspension of disbelief. There are loads of times when Judai should have lost (including to Manjyome, my fave from GX, though the bastard became a walking douche).
Manga Manjyome is kick ass though. Truly Kaiba Jr. He pwned Judai too.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 04:59 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Good eye... I didn't notice that back then. If I were rewatching it recently though, probably would have.

But lol. Wow... That's almost as bad as say.. Arbok evolving into Seviper.

Yea, I think I do. So many things in the anime just are wrong when compared to the game. Activating cards at the wrong times, and everything. lol It's no wonder kids have trouble playing the actual game.

Indeed... no

I believe so. Not sure if I'm thinkin' of the right thing, but was it when Yugi summoned Red-Eyes to the field after Kaiba played Flute of Summoning Dragon to special summon a monster?
edit- Nevermind. DP and I posted simultaneously, and his above post just answered the question for me.

Regardless, Yugi/Atem's the King of Hax, that's what he is.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Nov 11th, 2009 at 05:05 AM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 05:00 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
But lol. Wow... That's almost as bad as say.. Arbok evolving into Seviper.

Indeed... no

I believe so. Not sure if I'm thinkin' of the right thing, but was it when Yugi summoned Red-Eyes to the field after Kaiba played Flute of Summoning Dragon to special summon a monster?
edit- Nevermind. DP and I posted simultaneously, and his above post just answered that question for me.

Regardless, Yugi's the King of Hax, that's what he is.
Yea, my friend who likes to claim himself a pokemon expert even believed the whole Arbok into Seviper. I'm just like what?

Old guys like me must teach them the right ways. laughing

Yep, yep. Yugi only wins because of destiny. Least Kaiba (for the most part) wins because he's actually good with some destiny on his side, and Joey has no destiny and is still one of the top duelist.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 05:09 AM
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kaiba can't ever win because he's batshit insane.
He put cards in a satelite and then laucnhed it into space so if extraterestrials do exist, they can learn to duel.
Guy needs help. He has a dragon fetish and sometimes he sounds like Brock from pokemon. I say sometimes because Stuart did a good job most of the time but he occasionally slipped back into just sounding like Brock.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 05:17 AM
Luminatus is currently offline Click here to Send Luminatus a Private Message Find more posts by Luminatus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Yep, yep. Yugi only wins because of destiny. Least Kaiba (for the most part) wins because he's actually good with some destiny on his side, and Joey has no destiny and is still one of the top duelist.

Yugi has skill erm. Even the Pharaoh has skill. Destiny aside, you can't deny that. The simple fact that Yugi managed to take out the three gods that were being used by the Pharaoh himself (I don't remember exactly how though) shows that.

Kaiba's extremely skilled, but he gets clouded too often and has too much pride. During the final section of his battle with Yugi, he kept Monster Reborn, and used it for BEWD. He already had two BEWD's on his side of the field, so he could have resurrected Obelisk again.

Joey is TEH BEST TEH BEST TEH BEST TEH BEST!

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 05:27 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yea, my friend who likes to claim himself a pokemon expert even believed the whole Arbok into Seviper. I'm just like what?

Old guys like me must teach them the right ways. laughing

Indeed. stick out tongue

Yep, true that. thumb up

Originally posted by Luminatus
Kaiba can't ever win because he's batshit insane.
He put cards in a satelite and then laucnhed it into space so if extraterestrials do exist, they can learn to duel.

When did this happen again?... I don't seem to recall that.

And I have a dragon fetish too, so?
But yeah. He did sound too much like Brock at times. I'm surprised he wasn't actually voiced by the same dude who did Brock himself.

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Yugi has skill erm. Even the Pharaoh has skill. Destiny aside, you can't deny that. The simple fact that Yugi managed to take out the three gods that were being used by the Pharaoh himself (I don't remember exactly how though) shows that.

That part had PIS written all over it if you ask me. The Pharoah didn't even have Ra go into Phoenix mode (arguably its best ability) during that duel if I recall right...

yes
And, he should've beaten Kaiba. no expression Can't believe he fell for that old Crush Card strategy at the beginning.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 05:41 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Kaiba's extremely skilled, but he gets clouded too often and has too much pride. During the final section of his battle with Yugi, he kept Monster Reborn, and used it for BEWD. He already had two BEWD's on his side of the field, so he could have resurrected Obelisk again.

Yugi/Atem's victories usually come from some loophole thats never used any other time and that he draws cards he needs exactly when he needs them when he's loosing. But he's the main character what can you expect but still. Course I guess the same can be said about Joey's Luck Deck.

But yeah. He did sound too much like Brock at times. I'm surprised he wasn't actually voiced by the same dude who did Brock himself.

yes
And, he should've beaten Kaiba. no expression Can't believe he fell for that old Crush Card strategy at the beginning.
Kaiba was voiced by Brock/James. confused Or am I reading that wrong?

He should've beaten Marik. He couldn't just say attack..that's all he needed to say.

Last edited by Kento on Nov 11th, 2009 at 05:46 AM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 05:43 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Whoops. I meant to say I wasn't at all surprised that he was voiced by the same person who did Brock, not the other way around.

And yeah. The part about Joey and Marik is a given, but I'm just sayin'.. He should've done better than he actually did against Kaiba. Would've loved to see how the duel would've gone if he had not fallen for Kaiba's Crush Card virus, but even then, he still held his own against Seto quite well (more than I thought).. though still lost in a very anticlimactic way.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 06:25 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

lol

Yea, I always though Joey should've gotten a shot at Kaiba during the finals, Kaiba/Yugi duel should've been the final duel not semi-final.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 06:31 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Whoops. I meant to say I wasn't at all surprised that he was voiced by the same person who did Brock, not the other way around.

And yeah. The part about Joey and Marik is a given, but I'm just sayin'.. He should've done better than he actually did against Kaiba. Would've loved to see how the duel would've gone if he had not fallen for Kaiba's Crush Card virus, but even then, he still held his own against Seto quite well (more than I thought).. though still lost in a very anticlimactic way.

He's still his dog stick out tongue. iirc, he had fantasies about that. No wait, that was in the parody show >__>.

(Yeah, I need to rewatch the final duel again, I'll see if PIS is written all over it)

Yugi/Atem's victories usually come from some loophole thats never used any other time and that he draws cards he needs exactly when he needs them when he's loosing. But he's the main character what can you expect but still. Course I guess the same can be said about Joey's Luck Deck.
Kaiba was voiced by Brock/James. confused Or am I reading that wrong?

He should've beaten Marik. He couldn't just say attack..that's all he needed to say.

I agree, but it still takes skill to pull off that loophole and to use the cards effectively.

Kudos to Joey for withstanding Ra's onslaughts though.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 06:39 AM
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

When Jaden loses his duel to Aster his ability to see his cards and Duel Spirits is taken from him. He then tries to leave Duel Academy only he nearly dies and ends up in outer space talking to Neo-Spacians (sp?). There he finds a satelite full of cards and he has a flashback of Kaiba announcing a card creation contest. The winner's cards would be sent into space. Jaden won so he found the cards he made.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 07:02 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

remember how hax salamandra became when joey/yugi faced para/dox?

actually, that whole duel was bs.

labarinth wall

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 06:56 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by psycho gundam
remember how hax salamandra became when joey/yugi faced para/dox?

actually, that whole duel was bs.

labarinth wall

Remind me what happened. I kind of forgot.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 07:10 AM