KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode 28 - Weapons Factory

Episode 28 - Weapons Factory
Started by: Ordo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tsal Can

My bad, posted in wrong thread, thought this was #29.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2009 07:01 AM
Click here to Send Tsal Can a Private Message Find more posts by Tsal Can Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

something thats kind of irked me lately is the lack of actual battlefield tactics they use. though i understand that obviously the focus isnt on authentic military strategy would it have killed them to avoid using the civil war style slowly walk up to each other firefights they use at 1:15 here? right before the scene ends you see a clone and a droid standing almost right in front of each other.

what happened to using cover? and firing from a prone crouched position will always give you a better shot than walking upright.

over analyzation on my part i know but im a stickler for proper military conduct >.>

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 08:50 AM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Well, I wish they would, but in ALL star wars they just march up and shoot...especially in the PT.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 02:07 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Oh yes, strategy and tactics are not something that appear all too often in Star Wars...

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 05:06 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterAshenVor
Grey Jedi

This Episode reminded me of Star Wars: Republic Commando where you gotta destroy the droid factory and board the capitol ship.

I LOVE this set of episodes right now. THIS is how the clone wars was SUPPOSED to be portrayed

"I see more Grey than Light or Dark now days." - Jolee Bindo

"I will do what I must Obi-Wan." - Qui-Gon-Jinn

Old Post Nov 28th, 2009 11:10 PM
Click here to Send MasterAshenVor a Private Message Find more posts by MasterAshenVor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Weapons Factory
Episode 28
Season 2 Episode 6

Reaction: NEUTRAL +

I’d love to give it a positive. The action was great, scenes and art direction wonderful...probably best we’ve seen ever. I just felt the episode was short on plot and fuzzy on details. I am hoping the remainder of the series builds upon the good action and gives us a deeper story.

THE GOOD
Clone theme. Though I think the theme is iffy at best and they should have used the real theme from the film, at least they keep using it again and again, as in the beginning scene with the clones pulling out their blasters.

I loved the contrast between Skywalker/Ahaoka and Unduli/Offee. Especially at the end when they are fighting over how to fight with the padawans. Of course all of this is very transparently a precursor to his fall to the darkside, but it was nice to hear vocalized. I also the resourcefulness of Ahsoka (fixing the communicator) vs the bookishness of Barriss (memorizing 20,000 junctions) and it was nice to see some bonding between the two.

Barriss. Always a plus to have new characters , even if they are ones from the movies. Barriss was a good choice to bring in. I especially loved how Ahsoka mocked her as “Dependable Barriss.” Her more conservative dress was also a good contrast to Ahsoka’s tween midrift. However, she reminded me of a few know-it-all girls that I really REALLY hate.

Again the art department nailed the organicism and creep factors of Geonosis. I don’t think I need to detail it further. It was superb.

I love the high-pitched worker Geonosian voice. Brilliant lol.

The battle droids in the tank were brilliant. From their comments about being safe, to falling down the canyon, to being surprised when Barriss jumps in the tank, it was just wonderful. Then again, I love the B1s in this series.

I love Ashoka’s trick blowing up those dumb commander bots. Perfect capture of droid behavior. Though, I enjoyed it more seeing her smacked against the power generator and dropped 20 storeys.

THE BAD
I don’t get the whole Anakin interrupting Asokha the whole time. It annoyed me more than it annoyed her. If you want to try and portray undeveloped trust, find another way beside being annoying.

Barriss has the worlds THINNEST arms. OMG. I am surprised she can hold objects.

“Supertanks” I was generally conflicted about whether to put this in bad or good. I hate one-upmanship. We have not seen homing spider droids this ENTIRE series and yet we feel the need to make a new tank and give it the lame name of “supertank”? At least the design of the tanks was good, and it was cool to see more of an artillery tank than what we’re used to with AATs and AT-TEs, but I thought the effects on the bullets were poor. I also hate it when AT-TEs withstood AAT fire for the ENTIRE last episode, but one hit blows up a supertank blows up the entire calvary. This show needs to demonstrate more consistency and less plot expediency.

It was kind of TOO dramatic when Barriss and Ahsoka sacrificed themselves. I am glad they made the decision to go with this plotline, and the visuals were good, I just think the music was WAY too much. It was about 10x more dramatic than Ben’s death...and that means it was too much. And did Skywalker ever actually order those tank movers? Not only that, but if it was faster for Skywalker and Luminara to move the pieces by the force, why were they sitting around crying/arguing while all the clones were doing the work?

THE UGLY
This is the 3rd time in the series where the Seperatists have a weapon’s factory under the Republic noses (Blue Shadow Virus, Landing at point Rain, and now. Sorry but I really find it impossible when you can just run a geoscan of a planet and find a base (as demonstrated in the series) that the Speratists could funnel in enough materials to BUILD a droid factory, let alone enough materials to build the goddamn army, let alone enough tech to develop a whole new tank.

Supertanks...they were not ready at the beginning, but ready 7 minutes later? Their “armor” is impenetrable, but its just they they’re ray shielded? Did multiple script writers make each 7 minute segment?

“Everybody steady...STEADY...Keep marching” Not a damn clone stopped moving, let alone flinched. Why did Skywalker have to be an a-hole?

Rex questioning orders...um...NO. And what was with the slient fistpump after the tanks fall down? WUT.

WHATS NEXT?
I’ve said it before, this clearly should have been a 1 hour show and not a 30 min one. These two episodes would have been a perfect continuum. As would have the next two Geonosis episodes.

Zombies? Oh noes...

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 10:52 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

A side note...I noticed complaining about why Skywalker and Udili held the line while the Padawans went inside and did the dirty work. This makes sense to me. If you were fighting an army and the general (who was also a singularly deadly warrior) was missing, wouldn’t you be concerned? To stage an effective diversion, you need to convince the enemy you are attacking, not diversioning.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 10:53 PM