KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Pick: Thor, Surfer or Firestorm?

Pick: Thor, Surfer or Firestorm?
Started by: Bentley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Thor. He's less susceptible to a punch in the face than Norrin is (i'm looking at you Supes)

You sure about that? I mean Surfer's never really been phased by shots from that Hulk, Thor can't really say the same(course Thor takes more shots in their fights than Surfer does). Plus the time he withstood a massive beating from Wonderman while he(Surfer) was extremely drained and came right back and whooped his ass. And there was also the time that Molecule Man beat the Avengers(including Thor) into unconscious with the walls but Surfer wasn't KO'd(he just played possum when he saw everyone else go down).

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 05:21 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by darthgoober
You sure about that? I mean Surfer's never really been phased by shots from that Hulk, Thor can't really say the same(course Thor takes more shots in their fights than Surfer does). Plus the time he withstood a massive beating from Wonderman while he(Surfer) was extremely drained and came right back and whooped his ass. And there was also the time that Molecule Man beat the Avengers(including Thor) into unconscious with the walls but Surfer wasn't KO'd(he just played possum when he saw everyone else go down).

What about the time Vision pummeled Surfer?

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 05:23 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Nah.

Uhuh.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 05:24 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Naija boy
Uhuh.

Went down like a sack of potatoes against Odin.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 05:26 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

What about the time Vision pummeled Surfer?

His fight with Vision happened while he was weakened from being trapped on Earth, and Vision didn't really do much overall. And the Odin thing happened during Blood and Thunder, which was far from Surfer's best portrayal in the durability department. But if you want to compare that kind of thing, Pre-Death Thanos took out Thor in something like 3 shots, while post Death Thanos had to deliver quite a beating to Surfer before he actually went down(though in Surfer's case he was beaten nearly to death).

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 05:28 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

His fight with Vision happened while he was weakened from being trapped on Earth, and Vision didn't really do much overall. And the Odin thing happened during Blood and Thunder, which was far from Surfer's best portrayal in the durability department. But if you want to compare that kind of thing, Pre-Death Thanos took out Thor in something like 3 shots, while post Death Thanos had to deliver quite a beating to Surfer before he actually went down(though in Surfer's case he was beaten nearly to death).

And Thor got up to fight Thanos not long after, where as Surfer was cuffed and taken to death's realm. Not to mention the initial pre-death Thanos was using technology and the like to help his strength. This was internalized, making him equally strong in both cases. And let's not forget that Thor actually -moved- Thanos with his punches in that fight.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 05:30 PM
darthgoober

And Thor got up to fight Thanos not long after, where as Surfer was cuffed and taken to death's realm. Not to mention the initial pre-death Thanos was using technology and the like to help his strength. This was internalized, making him equally strong in both cases. And let's not forget that Thor actually -moved- Thanos with his punches in that fight.

I already acknowledged that Surfer was nearly beaten to death. And pre Death Thanos was NOT equal in strength to his post death upgrade. In fact I'm pretty sure it was specifically stated that he was more powerful after Death brought him back.

As for Thor moving Thanos in the fight, we can't really say how Surfer would have done against Thanos before his upgrade because they never fought until he was resurrected erm .

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 05:34 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

I already acknowledged that Surfer was nearly beaten to death. And pre Death Thanos was NOT equal in strength to his post death upgrade. In fact I'm pretty sure it was specifically stated that commented on him being more powerful after Death brought him back.

As for Thor moving Thanos in the fight, we can't really say how Surfer would have done against Thanos before his upgrade because they never fought until he was resurrected erm .

When Thanos was resurrected all his technology had been internalized. Masterson moved him later during Infinity Gauntlet though, and Surfer happened to be unable to do anything to him when they encountered eachother before that.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 05:36 PM
darthgoober

When Thanos was resurrected all his technology had been internalized. Masterson moved him later during Infinity Gauntlet though, and Surfer happened to be unable to do anything to him when they encountered eachother before that.

Again, I'm all but positive that it was specifically stated(by Death's Aid) that Thanos was far more powerful after his resurrection. But I can check Thanos Quest if you'd like just to make sure.

And in the fight you're talking about with Masterson, he was also moved by shots from Namor and She-Hulk and was nearly floored by a kick from Spiderman.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 05:39 PM
Naija boy

Went down like a sack of potatoes against Odin.

Thats not a bad feat, considering Odins state of mind and whatnot

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Last edited by Naija boy on Nov 12th, 2009 at 05:53 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 05:42 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

SS is actually more durable than Thor no expression

Nah.

Click here

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 05:50 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by -Pr-
Click here

nice . . . lol

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 06:54 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by leonidas
not if you were bz'ing me. smile

yep. thor DOES have a couple good tp-related feats. just not what ss has who can also be said to possess tp himself. it's close, don't get me wrong. i'd take thor in a non-forum battle. but i've won tournaments with ss so i know exactly how effective he is in these types of battles.
Says you. But I do realize that tourney rules favor the faster characters.

You just aren't aware of what Thor is capable of just yet when I represent him.
I agree, but Thor is more powerful than the Surfer.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 06:57 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by quanchi112
I agree, but Thor is more powerful than the Surfer.
More powerful as in blasting something, since higher durability can mean more powerful as in taking a blast.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 10:09 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Says you. But I do realize that tourney rules favor the faster characters.

You just aren't aware of what Thor is capable of just yet when I represent him. I agree, but Thor is more powerful than the Surfer.

laughing out loud

if you can show me something i DON'T know about thor (who happens to be one of my 2 favourite characters in marvel and a character i've followed for longer than most forum members have been alive no doubt) then i will be able to safely retire from the forum . . .

good luck though. wink

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 10:25 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud

if you can show me something i DON'T know about thor (who happens to be one of my 2 favourite characters in marvel and a character i've followed for longer than most forum members have been alive no doubt) then i will be able to safely retire from the forum . . .

good luck though. wink

If Thor is one of your top 2, then you like him more than I do.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 10:31 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

If Thor is one of your top 2, then you like him more than I do.

well, goodie for me . . .

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 10:56 PM
kgkg
Vigilante

This is hot fire.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 11:13 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Mindship
More powerful as in blasting something, since higher durability can mean more powerful as in taking a blast.
More powerful based on his history, his feats, and against the same characters these two have matched up against. I think even the Surfer has agreed he's more powerful.
laughing out loud

good luck though. wink
I am not saying you haven't seen it or read about it. You'll be surprised though when you see my strategy.

I know what to expect from him but he doesn't know what to expect from me. Not everything. I know I'll see nanosecond reaction times and many of his awesome feats which all beg the question; can Thor hit Superman?

Answer- Most certainly.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 11:26 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

More powerful based on his history, his feats, and against the same characters these two have matched up against. I think even the Surfer has agreed he's more powerful.
The "mallet's magic," yes...unless there's another instance I'm not aware of.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 11:45 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote