KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Character Respect Forum » Darth Vader

Darth Vader
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
He's an anti-hero at best, Vader was never able to forget who he once was, and conspired to overthrow the evil Emperor, as seen when attempting to persuade Luke to aid him in doing so, and he redeemed himself at the end of Return of the Jedi.

Merciless? Is that why he totally killed Luke in ESB when he easily could have done so? Vader is far from merciless, and by his own words, Sidious is far more so,"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am."

Relentless? See above.

Intelligent? Is that why he was so effortlessly manipulated by Sidious? Who as should be noted is far more intelligent than Vader?

Powerful? Granted, but Sidious was even more-so.

Intimidating? Physically, yes, but even Vader feared the wrath of the Emperor, which is why he wanted Luke's aid in defeating him.

Mysterious? Well, he was in IV-VI I guess, but the prequel series kind of took away any mystery to his character, Sidious on the other hand, is still a very mysterious character, at least movie-wise.

Vader may be more involved in the plot, yeah, but that is because he is Sidious' dragon, the villain's right-hand man to get shit done when Sidious himself cannot be bothered to do so himself. By your own suggested criteria for villainy, Sidious comes out on top.

I am not disrespecting Vader, merely pointing out he is not a villain.

you dont understand his motives it seems.

vader wanted luke at his side to overthrow the emperor because he wanted to rule the galaxy. he didnt want to kill him because he was evil. the only reason he didnt kill luke in esb is because he wanted him alive to be his pupil. when he said that there was no conflict within him he was actually telling the truth and didnt have any trace of good in him until the end of rotj. according to lucas vader was completely immersed in the dark side and the ways of the sith up until rotj. just because he knew that what he was doing was wrong didnt mean he didnt want to do it vaders responsible for the murder of thousands and kills his own soldiers if they displease him as seen in esb. hes definitely a villain.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2009 08:24 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

quote: (post)
Originally posted by EvilAngel, in response to Nemebro
Kk, whatever you say capt'n Musbwight!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2009 08:26 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Vader rulz

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 15th, 2009 08:57 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

He may not be the #1 villain in the saga, but he is still a bad guy. He had a change of hearts in the end but that doesn't take away from all the evil shit he did before.

You want to parade all over Sidious's dick go to his respect thread.

Meanwhile...

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 07:15 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthchucky

I always loved him. His voice. How he chokes people or force chokes. His breathing. And especially his qoutes:
"It would be honored if you would join us."
The timeless = "I am your father!"
my favorite = "I find your lack of faith disturbing"
I can't name em all. there's so much.

This is a sith we will all love forever.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 04:17 AM
darthchucky is currently offline Click here to Send darthchucky a Private Message Find more posts by darthchucky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote