KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Would A Director's Cut Of Superman Returns Make It Better?

Would A Director's Cut Of Superman Returns Make It Better?
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jayce78
Fair enough.

But I like it . . . . so there Mr meanie!!

you can like it if you want, as is your right as a paying customer.

i just felt, well, betrayed after the hundreds of euros i spent on superman merchandise and comic books...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 12:57 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well I kinda felt that way too about Spider-man , but you don't hear folks say too much about that , at least not in public. At least Superman Returns: the movie is not really overatted and overhyped as Spider-man is. Least as far as I know.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 04:36 PM
jayce78 is currently offline Click here to Send jayce78 a Private Message Find more posts by jayce78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well I kinda felt that way too about Spider-man , but you don't hear folks say too much about that , at least not in public. At least Superman Returns: the movie is not really overatted and overhyped as Spider-man is. Least as far as I know.

you didn't like the spider-man movies? not even the first two?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 04:45 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
you can like it if you want, as is your right as a paying customer.

i just felt, well, betrayed after the hundreds of euros i spent on superman merchandise and comic books...

I Know , and I share that somewhat. Mabie not betrayed. That's a little harsh.

But Some people don't like the new Batman movies because it's not there style and cup of tea. Some people probally won't like the Flash movie or Green Lantern , I get that. Opinion's abound. But aside from the obvious Homaze too Superman '78' I thought there was some good scenes and seq. and it was a well made movie altogether. But I get it , it was'nt as pop comic action 'a' minute exciting , as were used too. It was'nt ultra colorful and even a little cheesy kinda superhero movie. It was something we might have seen 25 yrs ago and it's just not the same world anymore , I get that.

But In the end , if one does not think it is a good Superman movie or even a good movie that's fair enough , but to act like it's a terrible and unwatchable movie as some do ( because it's not there vision) is quite funny.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 04:51 PM
jayce78 is currently offline Click here to Send jayce78 a Private Message Find more posts by jayce78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

you didn't like the spider-man movies? not even the first two?

Oh it's not that I did'nt like them , but I just thought they could'a been a little more , especially the first one. I'm not really that crazy about how Tobey plays it , and I think Dunst is grossly miscast. I think there vastly overratted , not nessarily terrible movies. Big diference.

Last edited by jayce78 on Nov 20th, 2009 at 04:56 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 04:53 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I Know , and I share that somewhat. Mabie not betrayed. That's a little harsh.

But Some people don't like the new Batman movies because it's not there style and cup of tea. Some people probally won't like the Flash movie or Green Lantern , I get that. Opinion's abound. But aside from the obvious Homaze too Superman '78' I thought there was some good scenes and seq. and it was a well made movie altogether. But I get it , it was'nt as pop comic action 'a' minute exciting , as were used too. It was'nt ultra colorful and even a little cheesy kinda superhero movie. It was something we might have seen 25 yrs ago and it's just not the same world anymore , I get that.

But In the end , if one does not think it is a good Superman movie or even a good movie that's fair enough , but to act like it's a terrible and unwatchable movie as some do ( because it's not there vision) is quite funny.

but even if you didn't like the batman movies, you could still accept that they were well made movies. i don't think returns was even that.

to me, it is unwatchable, considering that i could just watch superman I or superman II instead. maybe its because i'm the superman fan i am that makes it that way.

kind of like not being able to watch x-men 2 bar one or two scenes because i'm a cyclops fan.

Oh it's not that I did'nt like them , but I just thought they could'a been a little more , especially the first one. I'm not really that crazy about how Tobey plays it , and I think Dunst is grossly miscast. I think there vastly overratted , not nessarily terrible movies. Big diference.

ah, i see.

well i agree about dunst. she was a sucky mary jane...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 05:04 PM
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

kind of like not being able to watch x-men 2 bar one or two scenes because i'm a cyclops fan.

You can't watch X2 because your a cyclops fan? That's kinda sad in a way. Can you at least appreciate it as agood movie like the Batman films? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 05:19 PM
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

ah, i see.

well i agree about dunst. she was a sucky mary jane...

It was probally also how she was written. Can't 100% blame her. Not many actresses could pull off that kinda Dialoge . . . .

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 05:54 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You can't watch X2 because your a cyclops fan? That's kinda sad in a way. Can you at least appreciate it as agood movie like the Batman films? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

if it was good, i'd accept it. but it's not faithful to a lot of the characters, so i don't.

It was probally also how she was written. Can't 100% blame her. Not many actresses could pull off that kinda Dialoge . . . .

possibly.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 07:00 PM
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

if it was good, i'd accept it. but it's not faithful to a lot of the characters, so i don't.

Well that's the thing. It not anywhere near as crazy and colorful and wacky as the X-Men that I grew up with , neither-the-less , it's a very good movie. And I'm sure Singer would've put Cyclops in more heavy in III , as the leader. But well never see that again.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 08:27 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well that's the thing. It not anywhere near as crazy and colorful and wacky as the X-Men that I grew up with , neither-the-less , it's a very good movie. And I'm sure Singer would've put Cyclops in more heavy in III , as the leader. But well never see that again.

it might be a good movie, but is it a good x-men movie? that's where i draw the distinction.

and tbh, i don't think he ever had plans to give cyclops any sort of focus.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 09:16 PM
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

it might be a good movie, but is it a good x-men movie? that's where i draw the distinction.

You could use that exact piece of reasoning about Superman Returns. Of course when it comes to - is it a good X-Men , Spider-man , Batman , Superman , Flash , Green Lantern etc , etc. You'll gonna get a million and one opinion's on that. Especially from the Comic fans out there.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 09:51 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You could use that exact piece of reasoning about Superman Returns. Of course when it comes to - is it a good X-Men , Spider-man , Batman , Superman , Flash , Green Lantern etc , etc. You'll gonna get a million and one opinion's on that. Especially from the Comic fans out there.

i don't think it was either, though. i don't think it was a good superman movie, and in general, there wasn't a lot to redeem it either for me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 10:13 PM
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

So I'm getting this feeling that it you didn't like the movie. Could just be me . . . .

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 10:24 PM
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well in retrospect , I think Returns is a good compannion to Superman I & II. I think it's a solid Singer film. Mabie not a great and dynamic Supy film , but a solid film. Routh was very charming and Likable in the role , as well as looking like a charactacure of Chris Reeve. Some of the few action scenes were of the most fantastic we've seen on Supy Film. But I can certainly understand why it's not a lota younger kids cup of tea. I say kids cause I'm 31. It was a love letter to the early Superman movie's. And some would say brings a close to Donner's Superman. The days of fans wanting Superman: the new movie was a thing of yesteryear. And that isn't what a lota people wanted.

Anyhoo In summary , I don't think it's the most fantastic Superman movie. But certainly very far from the worst. And no one should feel ashamed for enjoying it.

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by jayce78 on Nov 20th, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 10:48 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So I'm getting this feeling that it you didn't like the movie. Could just be me . . . .

laughing out loud

what gave you that idea? stick out tongue

Well in retrospect , I think Returns is a good compannion to Superman I & II. I think it's a solid Singer film. Mabie not a great and dynamic Supy film , but a solid film. Routh was very charming and Likable in the role , as well as looking like a charactacure of Chris Reeve. Some of the few action scenes were of the most fantastic we've seen on Supy Film. But I can certainly understand why it's not a lota younger kids cup of tea. I say kids cause I'm 31. It was a love letter to the early Superman movie's. And some would say brings a close to Donner's Superman. The days of fans wanting Superman: the new movie was a thing of yesteryear. And that isn't what a lota people wanted.

Anyhoo In summary , I don't think it's the most fantastic Superman movie. But certainly very far from the worst. And no one should feel ashamed for enjoying it.

(please log in to view the image)

i'm 26 lol.

that was the problem, though. we didn't need a love letter to the old movies. dc has moved on since chris reeve was superman. SUPERMAN has moved on since then.

with a budget of 300 million we got what, the shuttle/plane sequence (the highlight of the movie), and the kryptonite island sequence.

and lots of superman hovering outside lois' window all stalker-like.

i just wonder what it was about it that people actually liked, i guess...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 11:23 PM
darthmaul1

Didn't like the movie myself, the shuttle/plane sequence was stupid, and ripe with inacuracies, and the kryptonite island was stupid too, and would he not be able to lift the island cause it had so much kryptomite on it?
Richard Donners version of superman 2 made it way better, with out the stupid trip to niagra falls.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2009 07:33 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

superman returns was not a bad movie at all. it just didn't fit in the "now" world that we live in. honestly, it would have been more entertaining to see superman fight the taliban like he fought the nazis in the comics. the thing about superman returns is, as jayce78 so adequately put it, its a love letter to donner's films. people wanna see superman struggling and prevailing in the end. lex luthor is sooo played out. why not make him the president in the next movies (i'm jumping the gun here a little bit..) and have superman worry about some crazy ass villain trying to take over the world if not destroy it.

bottom line is superman was more than enough for the die hard fans, but not for the casual movie goer.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 11:13 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by super pr*xy
superman returns was not a bad movie at all. it just didn't fit in the "now" world that we live in. honestly, it would have been more entertaining to see superman fight the taliban like he fought the nazis in the comics. the thing about superman returns is, as jayce78 so adequately put it, its a love letter to donner's films. people wanna see superman struggling and prevailing in the end. lex luthor is sooo played out. why not make him the president in the next movies (i'm jumping the gun here a little bit..) and have superman worry about some crazy ass villain trying to take over the world if not destroy it.

bottom line is superman was more than enough for the die hard fans, but not for the casual movie goer.

what do you mean by that last line?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 06:59 AM
starlock
Team Authority

Originally posted by super pr*xy

I tied a towel around my neck when i was a child..pretending to be superman... and since i was old enough to read...i have been collecting superman comics....i have even bought novels...merchandise...you name it.......Superman Returns was not for the die hard fans at all...quite the opposite...it screwed them.....it was worse than a bad movie.....it was a big ego trip by singer...hoping to put his mark upon the man of steele...that was no movie made for die hard fans!...i am truly glad you found something in the movie that pleased you....or that made you find it for die hard fans.....but i cant....sorry...i dont buy it

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 12:34 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote