KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Darth Vader vs. Pinhead

Darth Vader vs. Pinhead
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Darth Vader vs. Pinhead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
The Force. wink

Can't do all you think it can.

This:

"Pinhead is highly resistant to damage and direct assault, being able to resist both gunshots and futuristic energy weapons. His magic is also used for creating objects out of thin air, teleporting, creating explosions at distances and deceiving opponents with illusions. Pinhead is also familiar with the Occult and magic, with an ability to read minds. He is capable of creating other cenobites from both living and dead victims."

Is greater than lifting/pushing a few objects and Force-choking.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Dec 17th, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 12:03 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Darth Vader vs. Pinhead

Originally posted by Robtard

This:

"Pinhead is highly resistant to damage and direct assault, being able to resist both gunshots and futuristic energy weapons. His magic is also used for creating objects out of thin air, teleporting, creating explosions at distances and deceiving opponents with illusions. Pinhead is also familiar with the Occult and magic, with an ability to read minds. He is capable of creating other cenobites from both living and dead victims."

The Force covers a lot more than that and you know it. wink

Pinhead was outwitted by a single human being and 20 person crew on a spaceship. Darth Vader is the second in command of a military of probably trillions of beings. As dumb as stormtroopers are, there's millions of them on Vader's ship alone. They would provide cannon fodder while Vader closes the puzzle box. Shouldn't be too hard for him since he's a tactical genius or close to it.

Last edited by Dr Will Hatch on Dec 17th, 2009 at 12:22 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 12:09 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Darth Vader vs. Pinhead

You might have wanted to keep reading:

"Vader shook the entire place, not multiple small objects with pinpoint precision at the same time."

There's also the fact that he did this in a state of extreme duress over Padme dying. He's never done it elsewhere.
He'd probably be pissed off at some demon trying to flay him. big grin

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 12:11 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Darth Vader vs. Pinhead

The Force covers a lot more than that and you know it. wink

Pinhead was outwitted by a single human being and 20 person crew on a spaceship. Darth Vader is the second in command of a miltary of probably trillions of beings. As dumb as stormtroopers are, there's millions of them on Vader's ship alone. They would provide cannon fodder while Vader closes the puzzle box. Shouldn't be too hard for him since he's a tactical genius or close to it.

Not in regards to Vader in the movies. I'm not discounting his personal Force-amped abilities either; they're just not netting him a win against Pinhead though.

Luckily for Pinhead, he can read minds and teleport anywhere he wishes, right in front of Vader, if need be.

Is Vader also a genius in the abstract? Because being able to plan a battle isn't going to help him piece the box together. Eepecially with Pinhead tearing him apart. Vader doesn't have the box either, as per the OP.

Edit: there also isn't "millions" of Stormtroopers onboard, looking online, the crew compliment is under 300k, this includes all personal. Pinhead would just tear through them though, or move on by, as he can take laser-fire without a problem.

Last edited by Robtard on Dec 17th, 2009 at 12:25 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 12:16 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Darth Vader vs. Pinhead

This:

I stayed out of this thread long enough. This post pretty much sums it up.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 12:23 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Darth Vader vs. Pinhead

Not in regards to Vader in the movies. I'm not discounting his personal Force-amped abilities either; they're just not netting him a win against Pinhead though.

Luckily for Pinhead, he can read minds and teleport anywhere he wishes, right in front of Vader, if need be.

Is Vader also a genius in the abstract? Because being able to plan a battle isn't going to help him piece the box together. Eepecially with Pinhead tearing him apart.

Edit: there also isn't "millions" of Stormtroopers onboard, looking online, the crew compliment is under 300k, this includes all personal. Pinhead would just tear through them though, or move on by, as he can take laser-fire without a problem.
Oh, I'm saying that it's a curbstomp for either involved. Pinhead would certainly get a few wins in if this was an "Out of 10" contest. He can teleport, but he has to know exactly where the place is, otherwise he could have just teleported onto Paul Merchant's ship(The guy in the fourth movie who beat Pinhead). Vader's enhanced reflexes and speed would certainly help, as would all the stormtroopers flanking Pinhead.

I doubt that Vader would just rush into battle, especially when he can also read people's minds and would know who Pinhead was. He also has precognition, and would know what was up before Pinhead had a chance to react.

Pinhead's TK is good, and is possibly equal to Vader's or superior, but we have never seen him dealing with multiple beings at the same time. The bar scene doesn't count because most of them were emo druggies or were just average people presumably not trained in any military tactics or tactics in general.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 12:32 AM
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

I see Hellraiser winning this but I bet if it was some Clash Of The Titans Galen Marek Starkiller Darth Revan Darth Malak jazz that Starkiller would somehow win no expression.....gah sorry sorry just upset thinking about how that Starkiller fellow wins like every thread he's in T_T...

Anyway yes I can't see how poor Vader wins this with Hellraisers abilities ;x

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 12:33 AM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Darth Vader vs. Pinhead

Oh, I'm saying that it's a curbstomp for either involved. Pinhead would certainly get a few wins in if this was an "Out of 10" contest. He can teleport, but he has to know exactly where the place is, otherwise he could have just teleported onto Paul Merchant's ship(The guy in the fourth movie who beat Pinhead). Vader's enhanced reflexes and speed would certainly help, as would all the stormtroopers flanking Pinhead.

I doubt that Vader would just rush into battle, especially when he can also read people's minds and would know who Pinhead was. He also has precognition, and would know what was up before Pinhead had a chance to react.

Pinhead's TK is good, and is possibly equal to Vader's or superior, but we have never seen him dealing with multiple beings at the same time. The bar scene doesn't count because most of them were emo druggies or were just average people presumably not trained in any military tactics or tactics in general.

Those Stormtroopers would be useless, as they can't hurt Pinhead. He can also turn them into Cenobites, if he so wishes.

Vader is slow as shit in the films, he's not this agile jungle-cat you imagine.

Vader can't read minds in the movies. He can sense the feelings of other Force-users. Pinhead isn't one, he isn't even technically alive.

Vader and the troopers have nothing on Pinhead, just accept it; it doesn't mean Star Wars sucks.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 12:47 AM
Dr Will Hatch

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Darth Vader vs. Pinhead

Those Stormtroopers would be useless, as they can't hurt Pinhead. He can also turn them into Cenobites, if he so wishes.

Vader is slow as shit in the films, he's not this agile jungle-cat you imagine.

Vader can't read minds in the movies. He can sense the feelings of other Force-users. Pinhead isn't one, he isn't even technically alive.

Vader and the troopers have nothing on Pinhead, just accept it; it doesn't mean Star Wars sucks.
The Stormtroopers aren't morons, they just can't shoot straight, perhaps due to Luke's Jedi abilities unconsciously mind screwing them. Pinhead would likely just melt their armor instead of taking the time to torture them with chains. Even if he did, he has TONS of Stormtroopers to go through before he's reaching Vader, who by that time may well have solved the puzzle box. And as I said, Pinhead was mindscrewed by Kirsty in the second film by appealing to his human side. Vader could do the same thing.

Vader was only slow because he wasn't trying to kill Luke. Anakin was moving at peak human/borderline superhuman speed. Vader would be slower, but still agile as all hell with his Jedi training.

Vader can sense peoples thoughts. He mind read Luke in ROTJ on the Death Star II.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 12:58 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Darth Vader vs. Pinhead

The Stormtroopers aren't morons, they just can't shoot straight, perhaps due to Luke's Jedi abilities unconsciously mind screwing them. Pinhead would likely just melt their armor instead of taking the time to torture them with chains. Even if he did, he has TONS of Stormtroopers to go through before he's reaching Vader, who by that time may well have solved the puzzle box. And as I said, Pinhead was mindscrewed by Kirsty in the second film by appealing to his human side. Vader could do the same thing.

Vader was only slow because he wasn't trying to kill Luke. Anakin was moving at peak human/borderline superhuman speed. Vader would be slower, but still agile as all hell with his Jedi training.

Vader can sense peoples thoughts. He mind read Luke in ROTJ on the Death Star II.

Dude, stop pulling nonsense out of your ass, Luke did no such thing. It's also not a matter of their aim, their guns won't hurt Pinhead to begin with, as per his powers.

Pinhead can create minions from the troopers, as they get weaker in numbers, he gets stronger. Though it doesn't matter, as per above, they can't hurt him to begin with.

Vader doesn't have the box, get that through your head.

No, Vader (in suit) is slow in the movies, he's a lumbering mass. Just accept this fact.

Pinhead isn't a person, so that's a double no. I'm pretty sure it was that homo-erotic sensing of feelings, from one Force-user to another, in ROTJ.

Last edited by Robtard on Dec 17th, 2009 at 01:14 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 01:10 AM
Dr Will Hatch

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Darth Vader vs. Pinhead

Dude, stop pulling nonsense out of your ass, Luke did no such thing. It's also not a matter of their aim, their guns won't hurt Pinhead to begin with, as per his powers.

Pinhead can create minions from the troopers, as they get weaker in numbers, he gets stronger. Though it doesn't matter, as per above, they can't hurt him to begin with.

Pinhead can only create minions under certain conditions, he can't just wish them to turn in Cenobites. Most of them are just amped up zombies too. Nothing Vader can't handle with a strike of the lightsaber through the chest or the brain. This is assuming however that Pinhead turns them all into Cenobites, which he won't, because Vader is busy solving the puzzle box. Yes, Vader WILL have it. Do you think he will just leave it in the hands of a dead trooper for Pinhead to retrieve? That's PIS.

No, Vader (in suit) is slow in the movies, he's a lumbering mass. Just accept this fact.

Pinhead isn't a person, so that's a double no. I'm pretty sure it was that homo-erotic sensing of feelings, from one Force-user to another, in ROTJ.

You don't know that. He was taking it easy on his son, which is a feat that doesn't count. Vader walked as briskly as a normal human being did, he's not some cliched unwieldy guy in a 12th century knight's suit. We can only count what was seen in the prequels since we have no feats to suggest what Vader is like in the OT. *

Who said that Jedi and Sith can only sense each other? That directly contradicts the movies.

* Just to note, Vader is superhumanly fast in the EU, even with the suit. Not that it counts here, I'm just letting you know. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 01:23 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Darth Vader vs. Pinhead

Pinhead appears when the box is opened, so Pinhead is where the box is, ie VADER DOES NOT HAVE IT. If Vader wants to try and solve the puzzle, he has to get through Pinhead first; he's not doing that.

No, in that Luke-Vader fight, Vader was slow and unwieldy. Can't imagine it's easy to move in that stiff costume. He wasn't flipping about like Anakin in Ep 1-2.

Yes, I'm aware of EU Vader.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 01:26 AM
Dr Will Hatch

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Darth Vader vs. Pinhead

Pinhead appears when the box is opened, so Pinhead is where the box is, ie VADER DOES NOT HAVE IT. If Vader wants to try and solve the puzzle, he has to get through Pinhead first; he's not doing that.

Yeah, Vader is screwed in this scenario unless he gets off the ship first. But this scenario was too boring. cool

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 01:35 AM
LordGod
The One

necro bump big grin

Old Post Oct 12th, 2019 08:16 PM
LordGod is currently offline Click here to Send LordGod a Private Message Find more posts by LordGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Pinhead still wins.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 12th, 2019 10:04 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Haha, I remember this. To be honest, I wasn't being serious with my Vader fanboyism. Pinhead stomps.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 06:43 PM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Haha, I remember this. To be honest, I wasn't being serious with my Vader fanboyism. Pinhead stomps.

So you just did that to waste your own time?

Pinhead wins.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 08:04 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Originally posted by Eon Blue
So you just did that to waste your own time?

Pinhead wins.

I think I was trying to convince *myself* that Vader somehow had a shot, but I knew that realistically he wouldn't win. My SW fanboyism was strong at that time

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 08:34 PM