KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » The Borg VS The Empire

Borg VS The Empire
This poll is closed.
Borg win 7 70.00%
Empire wins 3 30.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Borg VS The Empire
Started by: bayhunter12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

So how do the Trekkies feel about JJ Abrams being reported to be the director of the new Star Wars films?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2013 02:55 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Glad he's taking it on. Loved what he did with Star Trek. Look forward to seeing what he'll do with Star Wars.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 25th, 2013 06:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I agree, he made Star Trek cool and Star Wars was already cool.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2013 08:17 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Star Trek isn't about being cool. Hell, it suffered somewhat from the attempt to make it cool (even though it has plenty of "cool" episodes already).

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2013 01:51 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I agree, Star Trek wasn't cool but I loved the new movie. It's almost as good as the Undiscovered Country film. TNG was by far the best Star Trek show imo though.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2013 02:33 AM
Darth Martin

Deep Space 9 is the best.

I agree with Rob. I thought his Star Trek film was great. I await the sequel eagerly and am interested to see where he'll go with Star Wars.

I thought Star Trek was cool even before the 2009 movie.

Last edited by Darth Martin on Jan 27th, 2013 at 05:17 AM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2013 05:11 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willprot

I ran into this thread and I see a lot of votes for the Borg, but from what I know about both series I can't see how the Empire wouldn't eradicate the Borg, and they are known for eradicating known threats, like the Jedis or Wookies.Yea maybe if the Borg were a sneaky race maybe, but the Borg assimilate through brute force, and brute force against brute force the Borg don't stand a chance.

Someone made a joke that if the Empire could kill trillions of Borg they would easily beat the rebels, yet conversely trillions of Borg could never beat Earth or 1 earth ship for that matter, whether the USS Enterprise or Voyager, because in shows... guess what... the good guys win so that's not a good measuring stick. What is is by the end of Voyager they had the technology for one ship to cut through the Borg like they were paper and there was nothing the Borg could do about it, and Voyager had to learn or "acquire" that technology over years... The Empire has technology to destroy PLANETS already much like Species 8472. So similarly on a smaller scale Star Destroyers against Borg Cubes I would assume hundreds if not thousands of Star Destroyers would cut through multiple of them like paper just like 8472 or Voyager did, because again all the Borg use are frontal "my ships are more powerful than yours" attacks and I don't see that they would be.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2013 01:41 PM
willprot is currently offline Click here to Send willprot a Private Message Find more posts by willprot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

The Borg never sent "trillions" against the Federation.

Species 8472 proved a threat to the Borg because the Borg had no way of adapting to their evolutionary peak biology and biological based weapons from another dimension. It wasn't just a matter or 'more power output'.

A handful of Species 8472 single-pilot ships can do what it takes the Death Star. ie destroy a planet.

The Borg don't soley rely on "my ships are more powerful than yours", they win through adapting and assimilation their enemy's tech into their own.

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 31st, 2013 at 04:59 AM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2013 04:53 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

If the Borg get on the ship I can see them quickly adapting to the blaster rifles of the Stormtroopers and assimilating quite a few of them. But if Vader or the Emperor is on board and they get word of what's going on the threat will quickly be neutralized.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2013 05:10 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Martin
If the Borg get on the ship I can see them quickly adapting to the blaster rifles of the Stormtroopers and assimilating quite a few of them. But if Vader or the Emperor is on board and they get word of what's going on the threat will quickly be neutralized.

How would Vader or Palpatine handle being transported? Cos after they slaughter enough Drones via sabre and Force attacks, the Borg will recognize the sizeable threat and take action to neutralize it.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2013 05:23 AM
Darth Martin

True. Didn't think of that. Borg could just beam into space. Goddamn Star Trek and they're vastly superior tech.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2013 06:03 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Robtard
How would Vader or Palpatine handle being transported? Cos after they slaughter enough Drones via sabre and Force attacks, the Borg will recognize the sizeable threat and take action to neutralize it.
Just like they did to Starfleet?

Last edited by juggernaut74 on Feb 3rd, 2013 at 03:05 AM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 02:56 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Just like they did to Starfleet?

Are you questioning if the Borg have ever transported someone? If so, the answer is yes. They have transporter technology, it's very common/standard in Star Trek.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 03:53 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I see.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 04:05 AM
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Although I'm a bigger Wars fan than Trek, I have to go with the Borg. The Borg have shields that adapt the frequency of energy weapons. That is something the Empire is not familiar with. Unlike Wars armor, Borg have ablative armor which soaks damage if the shields are penetrated. A cube also contains a sphere which can be used in combat. Borg can beam through shields. It's sad to say that the Borg would win.

War Doctor

Old Post Mar 12th, 2013 07:10 PM
Darth Truculent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Although I'm a bigger Wars fan than Trek, I have to go with the Borg. The Borg have shields that adapt the frequency of energy weapons. That is something the Empire is not familiar with.

Mind, it also seems likely that enough raw power can overwhelm it. The Fed managed to batter one down in First Contact, and while their performance against 8472 biobeams improved over time it never got to the 'not killed' stage.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2013 10:41 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The feds did it because their torpedoes aren't energy weapons, and they knew the precise part to hit. I dunno if the empire can do the same.

8472, I thought that was because even their weapons had a biological element.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 18th, 2013 12:06 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by -Pr-
The feds did it because their torpedoes aren't energy weapons, and they knew the precise part to hit. I dunno if the empire can do the same.

Nothing says adaptation works different between torps and energy weapons.

Torps did jack squat in prior encounters, same as phasers.

quote:
8472, I thought that was because even their weapons had a biological element.

Biological elements aren't unadaptable. It's that their ships had an immune system that was stronger than the nanos, so they couldn't adapt that way, but nothing'd prevent them from doing trial and error.

And the Bioships were simply crazy powerful.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2013 06:24 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

IMO, the Yuuzhan Vong would be the only species who possibly could stand a chance against the Borg. Their bioships are the wild card, but the Vong themselves, it is uncertain whether they could be assimiliated themselves. I just hate to say that I believe the Borg are stronger. At the Battle of Wolf 359, the Borg destroyed a Federation fleet. Unless Thrawn was commanding the armada sent to fight the Borg, the Empire cannot win.

War Doctor

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 07:10 PM
Darth Truculent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Male Model
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Borg move really slowly, they remind me of Frankenstein's monster.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2013 01:46 AM
Male Model is currently offline Click here to Send Male Model a Private Message Find more posts by Male Model Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote