KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- DARK SIDE INTERLUDE- 'Day of Choice'

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- DARK SIDE INTERLUDE- 'Day of Choice'
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (45): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Soonish!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 06:36 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

Experience points are always welcome! What to get for Rand...

Meanwhile, Rand thinks we should probably establish what the Lady did with the pirates. She does not appear to have dismantled them, but he did abandon a place where he was doing well. Hmm.

Anyway, Rand will prep himself, then. It has been some time since he has participated in a fight, not since Gonderkorro. He decides to get his more extensive armor casings ready, to protect the wires in the back of his head and his synthetic heart.

Last edited by General Zink on Dec 3rd, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 10:28 PM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

In game, Galder has done all the prep work he needs to do, and so resorts to doing some muscle stretching exercises while near the crater while the others do whatever they decide to do to prepare.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 07:17 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Though not yet complete, rules updates are in! Go take a look.

If you want to change around any powers, we'll do that first. XP comes afterwards.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 03:35 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I think I'm set, though you shot down Block as the defensive gap filler. Galder's not going to have much in the way of Defense with BG and FG. Ah well.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 03:58 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HereticalDruid

It'll work out.

Azarl needs to make some changes. I realized that I had Coordination mastered before Strike, which goes against the requirements. So I'm ditching Coordination entirely, and using those two powers to Master Presence and Master Intuition.

Changing my Blade Schticks to Orthodox Guard and Charge, too.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 03:15 AM
HereticalDruid is currently offline Click here to Send HereticalDruid a Private Message Find more posts by HereticalDruid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

Rand is fine.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 11:22 AM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Just looking for xp myself, I have no changes I want to make right now.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 05:21 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Azarl- on the sheet I have, you have Swiftness mastered and then you have Co-ordination. That's entirely legal, and co-ordination is only one power, so I cannot do that I am afraid.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 6th, 2009 10:17 AM
HereticalDruid

Oh, okay. I must have done it differently when I made my sheet and we corrected it awhile ago. No changes but my Blade schticks then.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2009 07:59 PM
HereticalDruid is currently offline Click here to Send HereticalDruid a Private Message Find more posts by HereticalDruid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

XP time then!

Completion bonus of the last story is worth 10xp.

You succeeded in all the fights; that is a 2xp bonus. However, I can't award any xp for competency as, frankly, it was a darn close run thing. Good job you have a lot of nutters in the group.

Likewise, navigating the Desert went ok, but I can't see a reason to give more than the completion score.

Rand gets a 2xp bonus for touching on his Manifest Destiny. It's a start.

Con and Azarl get a four point bonus for participating in New Blood. Relle I am afraid does not, as her participation in the main game was more limited so I am breaking her even between New Blood and the episode.

So, that is 12 points, 14 for Rand, 16 for Con and Azarl.

---

On top of this, I am now in a better position to simulate some of your previous xp that was converted to bonuses I gave your characters on conversion.

Galder has 3 extra force powers which are worth 36 xp and a skill increase worth probably 4, and a single gun scthick. I'll call it 45 all told. That's a hefty chunk- if he had saved it all, his sabre pool coud have gone up (as the Swordsman bonus to pool does not count for xp purposes). But Galder has completed 9 and a half stories over the last 9 years, so I think that is a bit short.

Galder gains 25 xp. Yikes! But he's been on the edge for a good while, you know, and he probably never got accurate rewards for the first three stories.

-

Rand has bought Intrusion for 4 xp and two force powers for 43 xp. That's about right I think.

-

Rianna has a couple of skill increases under her belt for 8 xp and three force powers for 38; that's about right also.

-

Tanic has a couple of Force powers worth 31 xp and a Gun scthick for 4, for 35 spent. Tanic's just been a little less active in games than others, so I won't quite bring him to equivalence. He can have 2 extra xp. It all adds up!

-

Two extra force powers for Gallador are worth 33 xp. He's a story down on several of you so I'll call that fair.

-

Xavier's single force power increase serves him pretty well after joining at Newhaven.

-

Dak has a force power for 11, eight points worth of skill update for 19, and a combat schtick at 21. That's 40 points. I think that fits his first and second campaign contributions.

---

And that's not quite all. I don't want the campaign to become unbalanced my continuous participation in stuff, but I did promise some reward for Retrospection. So, for rounding yourselves out, have a bonus of 2 xp for each Retrospection game done! That means bugger all for Galder, but heck, he cannot complain with his bonus today.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 7th, 2009 at 04:53 PM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 01:09 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

xp rules are now up, but I shall re-print the spending here.

-

Experience can be spent in the following ways:

INCREASE A MENTAL ATTRIBUTE BY ONE: Cost is the raised attribute x4 (e.g. Increasing Intelligence from 4 to 5 costs 20). You cannot raise a stat past 5.

INCREASE A PHYSICAL STAT BY ONE: Cost is the raised attrtibute x6 (e.g. Increasing Strength from 5 to 6 costs 30). You cannot raise a stat past 5.

Increasing attributes never increases your Lightsabre pool. It does improve your chances at duelling, however.

INCREASE YOUR FORCE RATING: Cost is the new amount x4 (e.g. You want to raise your force score to 8. This costs 32 xp)

BUY A NEW SKILL AT 1: 4. Note you can buy any non-restricted skill this way; it does not have to have been on your original creation template.

INCREASE A NON-FIGHTING SKILL BY ONE: Cost is double the value of the new skill (e.g. raising Medicine from 2 to 3 costs 6)

INCREASE A FIGHTING SKILL BY ONE- Cost is double the new POOL with that skill- attribute and skill combined. (e.g. You have a Combat of 3 and an Agility of 4. That makes your combat pool 7. Increasing Combat by one would make that pool 8, and will cost 16 experience).

If the new pool would be your highest fighting pool, double the cost. (e.g. Your Lightsabre pool is 9. You want to increase it to 10. 10 would be your highest fighting pool; the xp cost is 40)

BUY A NEW COMBAT OR PILOT SCHTICK: This costs three times the amount of that type of schtick you would have (e.g. You want to buy a third Pilot schtick. This costs 9 xp)

BUY A NEW GUN OR BLADE SCHTICK: This costs four times the amount of that type of schtick you would have (e.g. You want to buy a fourth Blade schtick. This costs 16 xp)

BUY A NEW FORCE POWER: This costs the amount of Force Powers you would then have +2 (e.g. you want to buy a 15th Force power. Thist costs 17 xp)

-

Note- xp costs are still being fully worked out and are subject to revision. Refunds will be given if costs decrease on something purchased)

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 7th, 2009 at 02:20 PM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 01:10 PM
Peach
mordrem

Eesh. Expensive.

Looks like I'll most likely be saving for now...

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 02:07 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, I just edited in some bonuses for some of you.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 02:14 PM
Bardock42

I might be getting another blade schtick with the retrospection game I got exactly 16xp, I got things to ponder though. I definitely have to throw around some stuff since all the blade schticks and a lot of the force powers got somewhat different.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 02:22 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I am in discussions about increasing the baseline amount per story and/or cheapening some spends, so there may possibly be mroe to come- just do not depend on it.

Rianna is looking to incease her Force and that's definiitely a long term commitment, even from a low level,. Still, a good score on the coming story should leave ehr capable of it, so that's really not bad to get a Force increase in teo stories.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 02:52 PM
Peach
mordrem

Bonuses for doing Retrospection games?

I'm really going to be raking those in laughing out loud Two down so far for Rianna and one in progress...

(yep I'm a dork)

And yep, I'm looking to increase my Force rating. With those bonuses, as well as whatever we get for the Interlude, I should definitely be able to do after the next story. Sweet.

So yeah! Saving for now.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 03:32 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Whoa. Galder is in the green, it would seem!

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 04:26 PM
Peach
mordrem

Two quick things - do the 10 points that most of us got from the last game for story completion include the 2xp bonus for completing the fights?

Also, didn't Galder raise his saber score at some point along the line anyway? His lightsaber skill is a point higher than the rest of us saber nuts.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 04:29 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

My mistake! Missed out the fight win bonus on the final total.

And if that's true that explains the disparity, in which case he can wipe out that credit!

BtVS

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 04:54 PM