KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- LIGHT SIDE INTERLUDE- 'Broken Lance'

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- LIGHT SIDE INTERLUDE- 'Broken Lance'
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Ah, understood.

Vlad will contact the Kirillian authorities over comm and explain to them the situation about the Kirillian, stressing the importance of getting the information out of him even if that means that he gets to have a clear criminal record after.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2010 07:31 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Persuasion to get a good result from locals...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 20th, 2010 07:48 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Looks like we will be needing both intimidation and persuasion...

Old Post Feb 20th, 2010 10:54 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Persuasion route might be best anyway. Vera-Kin has a pool of 9 with Persuade when Presence is factored in.

Nice trick.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 01:20 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Vera has both persuasion and intimidation, so she'll be doing the negotiation. Vlad will come along as support if things heat up and to exert Jedi authority where it is needed.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 03:53 AM
Craft
CTE

So the people getting 'in' need Renegade help to get a reference. I can only think of two ways off the top of my head.

Xeth goes and meets with Shareth, no idea how happy she'd be to see him, either convince or possibly blackmail her into it.

Wentar contacts his ex-pirate buddy, not sure how much weigh the word of an ex-pirate holds but maybe he knows some people who could do it. While he's at it, Wentar could also see what Loj'oon knows about the food supplies coming out of Hutt space.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 04:06 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Careful there folks! The thing involving Intimidation and the thing involving Persuasion were separate tasks, not two alternatives! If you want to take al alternative approach to talking to the suspect, make sure you lay that out. But unless you deal with the local authorities where any crime was committed, offering deals is troublesome.

Wentar- the first idea is horrible. Shareth is pitiless, Pelloran is one of her buyers and if Xeth pokes his nose in front of her she'll tip Pelloran off and the whole case is buggered.

Whereas your ex-pirate buddy can easily get you a reference!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Feb 21st, 2010 at 08:04 AM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 07:39 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Righto! Glad one of them wasn't too terrible. So all we need to figure out is who we want to get in there. Stick with Andro and Jelena or throw the Renegades into play? I forget, what skills would be most useful for blending into the Pirate ranks?

Can my Contact also tell us anything useful about Shareth's shipping business or is he only good for the reference today?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 07:57 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Plenty! Shareth contracts out such things to freight services all the time.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 08:05 AM
Craft
CTE

I'm at a loss of what to ask him about it right now. Unless he knows where everything is getting shipped to, but that's be too easy. I'll keep flicking back through everything and see what I can pin down.

Reading back I saw that people were interested in getting employed as part of Shareth's discrete shipping business. Reckon he could get us involved? One of us flying types can get involved with helping ship stuff to where ever it needs to go, find out locations and the like.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 08:27 AM
Craft
CTE

Also! Hope no one minds, but I had a poke around with the interrogators, see who'd do best where. By the looks of things;

Jovan should negotiate with the officers (Has the best persuade/charisma).

Vera and Vlad can interrogate the suspect (Vera is the only one with intimidation there and Vlad can be all like 'I'm a Jedi and I approve of this!').

And that leaves Denz finding more suspects(Only one left with Observation).

No idea what to do with padawans though!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 10:06 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I am not entirely sure what Xeth is doing yet, though I just wanted to point out that as a Vigilnate he actually is one of the Intimidation templates.

Vlad, Jelena, Andro, Jovan and Vera all have one particular advantage when dealing with authorities within the Republic, which should be borne in mind.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Feb 21st, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 10:33 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Meanwhile, it is time for me to sort your characters out!

We are going to do this in two parts. First, any of you that want to swap existing powers for different ones of the same type (as now you have had a taste of the system, you should have a better idea of what you do and do not want) can dop so. THis is a one-time only offer!

After that, I shall allocate xp to all of you. For older characters, this will include checking over their template conversions to see if they are dfue any refunds, now we have a properly converted xp system.

-

So, first of all- and remember, jst the one call for this! Get it done now or never!- does nayone want to swap their stuff around?

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Feb 21st, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 12:52 PM
Craft
CTE

I would like to replace Unbreakable with Dodge and Weave in Wentar's Combat Schticks, please. Suits him more anyway.

Other then that I'm pretty happy with Wentar, though I can already see some areas that I want to improve on when xp gets distributed.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 01:20 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actually, sorry to be a pain- but best hold off on Combat schticks. I am hoping to get the revised list of those today, then you can choose on the latest versions. There are a couple of new Gun schticks also.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 01:30 PM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera-Kin is good with what she's got.

That advantage you mention- it refers to the fact that we are treated as Jedi and represent authority, whereas the Renegades have none? Vera-Kin gets special treatment for being a Master, of course.

Vera-Kin is unsure about outright using Intimidation on the suspect. It might alienate him...

Nice trick.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 12:17 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Can you please notify us when your done revising and editing the schticks, Ush?

I'm definitely changing some things around. Is there also anyway to find out how much XP I should have all in all? I'm afraid I don't remember...

Also, is persuasion really needed for the local authorities? This is the word and order of the Republic itself, the Jedi Order, they can't really say "No, we're not allowing you to do this." Can they?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 12:37 AM
Craft
CTE

It doesn't hurt to keep the locals happy since we have to work with them.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 02:13 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

I agree with that.

And actually, Ush... I know this is about changing schticks and powers and the like... but is there any way Vera could make Merit alterations? I feel like her connections to the Jedi Analysis Lab and having a Mentor isn't really her style, being a Renegade. That has her relying on the Order for info and advice, whereas she's a headstrong Solitaire...

It's okay if that's vetoed, I understand Merits are usually set at character creation.

Nice trick.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 05:45 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Xeth is going to be getting in touch with Gralus Turandi on Taloraan. He wants to see if they would be able to provide anonymous ships for the Jedi to travel in, so we're not depending on those gimpy Jedi fighters that the Order's loaned out and we're not using our own ships. He wants bigger ships so that at least a handful of people can be onboard.

He's hoping that shutting the book on Cannes will have gained him major kudos with his friends on Taloraan and they'll be willing to help him out some.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 06:31 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote