KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- LIGHT SIDE INTERLUDE- 'Broken Lance'

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- LIGHT SIDE INTERLUDE- 'Broken Lance'
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's a little better than that, Jovan- you know what sites on those planets they might be after. But no, it's not great.

And I am afraid not in advance. Tracing the fleet via Lo'joon allows you to where they might end up striking soon, and will be useful when compared with a list you already have, but it won't help narrow down what planets Jovan should be looking at as in the long term, the fleet can go anywhere.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 12:31 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Just a clue, as I am feeling nice- do remember you are Jedi...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 12:32 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

"Use the force," style of things...

So could we simply visit the sights and use powers like Scan, Empathy, Intuition, to help 'feel' for the scouting pirates perhaps?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 12:49 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Those things are a bit short range- think more Vader at the start of ESB.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 01:03 PM
Craft
CTE

Probe droids? Or in our case the local authorities? Use the Jedi resources to have them help us scout out the locations?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 01:07 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No, that's too literal; you were closer with the Force use.

How did they find the Rebel base?

BtVS

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 01:09 PM
Craft
CTE

He trusted his instincts, so to speak, he looked at it and went 'Yep that feels right, lets go there.' Luke being there may have also been a factor.

I get the feeling I'm still missing the point though...

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 01:22 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No, you have the point.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 01:34 PM
Craft
CTE

Alright!

So it can come down to our more force oriented people (Vera-Kin, Jovan, Jelena, Gallagher) to look at the current list and try and see which ones feel more 'right' then from there we dispatch people to have a closer look.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 01:39 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, although in this case it would be about feeling more wrong.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 01:43 PM
Craft
CTE

True... Thanks heaps for the tips.

Jovan! Go be all forcely awesome and feel wrong about things! We have pirates to spy on!

Say, would us people on the shipping side of things be able to get info on other freighters bringing in food for the Pirates, for more people to arrest in the big bust at the end? Not sure if it has any use, just curious.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 01:53 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

I thought Vader could do that because Luke was his son. sad

OK... I need a list of planets and sites they have hit.
I can try "Observation" (got a 3 on that) and "Intuition". Does "Sense" do anything good as well for this?
So I have to focus on the sites that can be a possible hit and not on the planets themselves. I hope I can get a bad feeling about this.

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 02:37 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Why would it be Luke being his son? Luke was his son before the probe droids arrived; that never helped him sense anything. The movies show instincts being at least as strong as just sensing- indeed, sensing enever helped them find the Rebels at all, not even from Palpatine.

But as soon as Vader saw the images the droid sent back, he just knew.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 02:50 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

But am I good enough at instinct, sensing, observation, intuition to get a bad feeling about a site?

James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 02:55 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And as it is... Jovan, over the months in which you guys work on this, you have an instinctive feel that three of the p;lanets are not worth investigating.

-

The investigation as a whole takes 18 months before you are ready to make a move. Those of you without any remaining jobs have been trawling around the nine remaining sites, trying to intercept their scouts on-site. You actually do spot three scouts working for Pelloran, based on descriptions issued by those of you working undercover and from your Kirillian witness. The undercover people also have a list of potential worlds, one of which can be ruled out by Jovan's instincts. They also give you a time for the next hit; as the weeks go past before that hit, you desperately try and rule out options to get ito place. Tracing the pirate fleet allows you to rule out several as they simply would not be in position in time.

At the end, it is down to two different worlds- one of them will be hit the next day. Gallagher is waiting nervously on Estalia, just wanting to hear one name from one of the undercover workers so he knows where to send everyone. If it takes any longer, you won't have enough time to organise and stop it.

The word comes in just in time- the target is the Tomb of Renohan XXXI, on the planet Agalania.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 03:02 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Ah so I'm already in the interlude for months now and not just a day or so?

How fast can we reach the planet? Is it possible to somehow disable their ships so they can't get away? Do we have time to set up a trap in the tomb?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 03:10 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, well, here, with any luck, the vague idea of the planning is something I already asked the Jedi to consider a little whole back.

The decision was that, to get the best possible catch, you must get them at their point of maximum exposure- that is, at the point where they begin the attack on the ground. You then mount a simultaneous ground and space attack, attakcing their forces on the ground and going for the fleet in space, in order to force their surrender.

You can just get to Agalania in time!

BtVS

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 03:12 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

I think it is then best we split up: those who can pilot, stay up in the air and disable their ships. Preferably we do not shoot their ships to smithereens because there will be pirates on the ships too.
Those on the ground should engage the pirates.

But I think there are some Masters in this group so it's pretty much their decision.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 03:27 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Vlad will race to his borrowed Jedi Starfighter as he is commed in and told of the situation.

Who's contacting the Agalanian authorities?

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 03:36 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, it would be nice if someone declared all that, but I am sure it will be done.

The question of an ambsh was also discussed earlier- and indeed, Agalania has a moon that your ships can hide behind! The Agalanians- despite being a race of rather short stature- do have a military and fighter craft to lend to your efforts. Due to your positive handling of local authorities, there is no difficulty in arranging their help under your command.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 05:30 PM