KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- LIGHT SIDE INTERLUDE- 'Broken Lance'

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- LIGHT SIDE INTERLUDE- 'Broken Lance'
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Brit
Duchess

I like the undercover option! If Jedi are openly snooping around, the pirates will catch news of it and back off, making it hard for us to move in.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 09:12 AM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Some of you will be better at that than others.

You can indeed go visit some of the sites- recent hit areas are the Grand Bank of Sultis IV and an undergroud bullion reserve on Krillian. Means heading out there, of course, and it's all going to take some time... but then all of this will take time.

You are not in immediate daneger, so splitting up is entirely practical. Make sure you have an appropriate skill set if flying solo though, and you can only move around quickly if you can fly your own ship.

The Council recommends you do NOT use your own ships; they are too easily traced to you. They'll give you Jedi Fighters to fly out there, though be careful how you use them. Jedi flying out to heavily populagted worlds is pretty natural, but poking around explorign space etc. is too likely to tip the pirates off.

As for the pirates worrying- the clan is strong but they cannot possibly land in enough force to fight even the relatively primitive armed forces of the worlds they are hitting. They are always hitting and running before force enough to overwhelm them turns up. A Jedi would not seem to change that equation; they cannot be everywhere at once. and- although this is sad in many ways, as it would make life easier- past experience says that criminals in areas don't tend to give up just because Jedi are around. They'll still come.

You bguess they must indeed be couting out, yes. But how do you tell a pirate from a... not pirate? Tricky.

The Council also wants you to be wary of entrapment. Remember, it is a legal defence to say that you would not have commtited the crime unelss incited to by law enforcement. Finding out where they are gong to strike is fine, Setting a trap is fine, if they fall for it. But GUIDING them into a trap is literal entrapment and is no good. If you are undercover, you must never suggest; only listen.

"Look, you clever types find where they are," says Sunda, "and then Roan can fly us onto their command ship and take out the problem at source, yeah? OR. Ok. We dress up as pirates and fly one of their own ships on board!"

-

Whilst you guys are planning all this from a room in the Temple... there is a repeated tap at your door.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 8th, 2009 at 02:40 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 02:36 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Sometimes Jelena admires Sunda's straight-forward thinking, but this is not one of them.

"It isn't that simple," Jelena explains. "Maybe at some point plans along those lines will be entertained, but first we must concentrate on how we are going to find them, as well as how we are going to dismantle their strike teams. And..."

Jelena is interrupted by the repeated knocking, and so gives a nonchalant 'please hold' gesture to Sunda before answering the door.

"Can I help you?" Jelena says to whomever is beyond the door.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 04:55 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, the noise was some short guy poking the lower part of the door repeatedly with a stick.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 05:05 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Yoda?

Jelena looks down quizzically at the short fellow.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 05:07 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Hmmmm..." says Yoda, shuffling in past you without looking at you.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 05:17 PM
Brit
Duchess

"Hello, Master Yoda," Jelena says, as the most powerful being in the universe grumpily shuffles past. "What brings you to our planning session?"

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 05:20 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"Master Yoda, how good to see you."
Roan Bows.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 06:00 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Hmmmmmmm..." he repats, briefly looking at all around him and finding none of it satisfactory. Sunda leaps to his feet and adopts an attentive stance.

"Much to think about, you have," says Yoda at last.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 06:03 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Of course, nothing is ever satisfactory....

Anyway
"Indeed, this is a complex operation needing much finesse and planning."

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 06:05 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Mmm," says Yoda, waving a hand. He doesn't sem interested in your opinion on the matter.

"Not easy, things for you of late, Roan,. Difficult is the life of a Jedi. Many threats there are."

BtVS

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 06:17 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"This is true Master, but such is the will of the force. I will keep striving forward."

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 06:27 PM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Gallagher merely watches the exchange, looking up from the files on the last Jedi mission to fight the Red Lance. He wonders if Yoda has seen what he has seen, and if it is what has the wise old Master in such a funk.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 06:36 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Hmm.

"So. More help on this, you might need, hmm?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 07:02 PM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Andro would be with Gallgher helping look for some pattern in the pirate's movements and/or timing. He rises to attention much like Roan's padawan, and bows his greetings to the legendary Jedi Master. He listens intently, for he knows Yoda rarely, if ever, wastes his words.

(So, thinking ahead, who might have a good undercover skillset? Galllagher and I have done that, but I won't comment on Andro's effectiveness at snooping around. We're all warriors enough to pass for a rough pirate, but this might need particular emphasis on social skills to get useful info. But to begin, we should go check out the latest two hits. I guess we better hear Yoda out before we decide who we've got to splint into groups, but I'd suggest Gallagher/Andro and Roan/Sunda/Jelena, depending on who might be able to infiltrate.

Ush, with Gallagher and Andro looking at the info, I'd say some of what we're keeping an eye out for is the distance and timing of the attacks. Maybe we can extrapolate some sort of schedule and probable area of the next attack. Can we get a timeline of all or most of the hits? Is there a way to show us relative distances between locations? If we can figure how far do the pirates travel in the time before attacks, we cna 'draw' arcs of influence arounts the hit locations and look where any arcs intersect. if any hit near a habitable location it's a possible pirate base. There's some error in there to figure for pirate down time, and I don't know if this 2D strategy translates well into a 3D galaxy.)

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 11:11 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"Any help you can offer us will be invaluable Master"

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 01:42 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Gallagher pictures, for a moment, Master Yoda trashing the pirate striking force all by himself, but figures that it is only wishful thinking and that it is not the help Yoda means to provide.

"Indeed, it really would," Gallagher says.

-

Might want to reconsider the splits, Andro, just because Gallagher and Andro have jack-all in the form of transportation. The Council has told us not to use our own ships, maybe we can rent some for Jelena and Roan to hop around in.

But I agree that we should split to the first two places, and your plan for figuring things out sounds awesome.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 04:34 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Jelena simply listens, curious about Yoda's mood.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 04:48 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Oh!" says Yoda, in a sing-song way. "Require help from me, do you? Afraid perhaps, are we? Hmmm, remember you all as younglings, I do. Always asking for help then as well. Except Sunda, hmm? Needed no-one's help, did you?"

"Umm..." says Sunda.

"Always the best in hs own mind. The strongest. The fastest. Maybe he alone could do this task for us, hmm?"

"I... err... Master Yoda, I didn't..."

Yoda jabs his stick towards the people he is naming.

"Maybe save the effort of those ageing ones amongst us. Like Roan here, hmm? Or Gallagher? Feeling the years go by, they are. Old and worried they have become."

BtVS

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 10:27 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"Master Yoda, we didn't..." Gallagher starts to say, "I don't think we meant it in that way! And I'm... I'm not worried."

Gallagher knows that lying to Yoda is about as easy as trying to shave with your own lightsaber, but he tries anyway. The Lady worries him.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 06:26 PM