KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Fairy Tail

Fairy Tail
Started by: KingD19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (91): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

i haven't read the manga but the anime sure does advance pretty fast, like ten or less episodes per arc, not bad at all...

hmmmm, Juvia would be a force to reckon with if she were in One Piece...

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 06:00 AM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

quote: (post)
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
i haven't read the manga but the anime sure does advance pretty fast, like ten or less episodes per arc, not bad at all...

Around the ocean especially....just summon torrents of seawater whenever she wanted.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 06:21 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Yea, they're unusual like that. They should probably slow down or do more filler if they're going to do long-term. They've got maybe one and a third season's worth in the tank right now.

Lucky for them that Fairy Tail's manga is not like bleach in speed.

quote:

Quite. Heck, even Lucy with Aquarious would be pretty dangerous smile

---

For those of us following the manga, anyone else think Fairy Tail's too stingy with the S-class? Several have shown them to be capable of handling the missions, but to only have one slot for it!

No wonder the actual Fairy Tail S-class mages like Erza and Laxus tend to be so badass compared to those of other guilds.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 06:36 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

would you guys consider Gray as S-class?...

I read some bios and with dragon slayers cropping up, I hope Gray doesn't get left behind, or atleast he'll be shown to parallel Natsu's progress...

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 02:43 PM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

would you guys consider Gray as S-class?...

I read some bios and with dragon slayers cropping up, I hope Gray doesn't get left behind, or atleast he'll be shown to parallel Natsu's progress...

Pretty much, yea. He does beat S-class Juvia in the Phantom Lord arc (granted she's a bit stronger, just going easy because of the love-crush thing, but she's also the 2nd strongest of the Element 4, and he'd beat either of the weaker two).

The latest manga chapter reveals he's one of the candidates to get Fairy Tail's next S-class slot (which they are really stingy with; you might've noticed by now how Erza tends to beat up even other guild's S-classes, and Laxus and Mirajane and Mystogan were like that too). Even with the coming of the mighty Sky Dragon Slayer to the guild.

Unlike most other shounen series, people in Fairy Tail do not level up rapidly, they ease forward, and that continues on the next several arcs until the present point. With some exception for Lucy, who's collection of new keys has made her noticeably stronger than she was at the beginning, but I think she's leveled out.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 05:07 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Yeah.....the only noted S-Classes are.

Erza
Mystogan
Juvia
Gajeel
Clive

Despite beating several S-Class opponents, Natsu still isn't considered as such, even with the Flame of Lament or whatever it's called.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 06:40 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

was Erza already considered the strongest female even back when Mirajane was still active?...

also, I guess I gotta start reading the manga, been reading about Gildarts, he seems leet...

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 07:18 PM
KingD19

They just call her the strongest, it's like her schtick.

Mirajene outclasses her like crazy though.

And yeah....Clive is uber, when he came back to Magnolia, they actually remodeled the entire city so he had a straight line to Fairy Tail. They made sure nothing was in his way.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 12:07 AM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

yeah, his magic or entrance to town was what pretty much caught my interest, it beats Mystogan putting everyone to sleep whenever he visits, Mystogan is cool too though...

and Dragons must be the real deal too, if one of them managed to do that number on Gildarts...

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 02:36 AM
KingD19

Yeah...Crash basically destroys whatever it touches.

And yeah...Dragons are like....the tailed beasts and the logia users of Fairy Tail.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 04:42 AM
Q99

Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah.....the only noted S-Classes are.

Erza
Mystogan
Juvia
Gajeel
Clive

Despite beating several S-Class opponents, Natsu still isn't considered as such, even with the Flame of Lament or whatever it's called.

I will note that S-class doesn't transfer over, that is to say Juvia and Gajeel are considered S-class in Phantom but not fairy tail (though they do get more respect for being S-class in another guild) and'll have to pass the S-class test just like Natsu or Gray before they can take S-ranked jobs on their own by the FT rules.

quote:
draxx_tOfU
was Erza already considered the strongest female even back when Mirajane was still active?...

They were rivals, so we're not really sure who is tops. Probably pretty close.

I do wonder if with Mirajane's powers back she'll be actively taking missions again.

Last edited by Q99 on Sep 23rd, 2010 at 07:13 AM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 07:08 AM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

im now up to date with the anime, hmmm, so Jellal is the guy who'll be tapping Erza's azz, interesting, I also sorta like Laxus and Gajeel after the shooby do bop thing...

and Mirajane's Satan soul was awesome, Freid had to powerup just to keep up and it was still nothing...

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 02:19 AM
KingD19

Q99 - I said they were S-Class....I know they aren't official S-Class for Fairy Tail, but people do still think of them as such.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 02:47 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

I've never read any Fairy Tail up until now, but the ten pages I did read yesterday was all about girls with big boobies naked in a bathtub.

That's a good sign.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 03:07 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I've never read any Fairy Tail up until now, but the ten pages I did read yesterday was all about girls with big boobies naked in a bathtub.

That's a good sign.

Lol yeah me too, I took a sneak peek at this weeks chapter and the only thing missing is that dude from Jersey Shore...

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 03:33 AM
Q99

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

That's a good sign.

That would be Lucy and Cana smile Cana's one of the guilds other powerful mages.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 07:35 AM
SasuOna

Fairy Tail S class status more than likely has nothing to do with how powerful you are but is probably about your status in the guild hence why all the background characters were just doing missions to increase their status and not actually trying to get stronger.

If Juvia were in One Piece she would probably do well against DF users but not against Enel.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 01:47 AM
SasuOna is currently offline Click here to Send SasuOna a Private Message Find more posts by SasuOna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by SasuOna
Fairy Tail S class status more than likely has nothing to do with how powerful you are but is probably about your status in the guild hence why all the background characters were just doing missions to increase their status and not actually trying to get stronger.

I think it's both.

The s-classes we've seen are stronger than the non-s-classes, but showing off your power helps selection.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 10:40 AM
Q99

Woo, new chapter, and yea, it definitely does need strength smile Status may get one selected for the qualifiers, but the obstacles are serious.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 06:29 PM
Kinasin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Love the anime haven't read the manga yet.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2010 06:32 AM
Kinasin is currently offline Click here to Send Kinasin a Private Message Find more posts by Kinasin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote