KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Fairy Tail

Fairy Tail
Started by: KingD19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (91): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Q99

I hope more people catch up in the manga so we can discuss it here...

Old Post Sep 26th, 2010 08:27 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
I hope more people catch up in the manga so we can discuss it here...

I'm all the way caught up.

I have been for ages.

Speculation: what happened to the dragons? And why the loli dragon slayer? That's just silly. She should be an Erza type: hot, strong, and has a strong will. Just like the other two. We can skimp on the strong will, if we have to, and show her growth, but I don't like it that we have a loli dragonslayer. mad

I assume the dragons are captured by an even "higher" evil power that we haven't seen yet or we have seen but is pretending to be good. (The new head of the magic council?)

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 03:09 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by dadudemon

Speculation: what happened to the dragons? And why the loli dragon slayer? That's just silly. She should be an Erza type: hot, strong, and has a strong will. Just like the other two. We can skimp on the strong will, if we have to, and show her growth, but I don't like it that we have a loli dragonslayer. mad

But we already have an Erza, and Wendy's just a kid. Plus role-wise she's healbot instead of asskicker.

Also I suspect she's sort of the new 'Lucy'- Lucy's growing more powerful and a new newbie is needed.

quote:

I assume the dragons are captured by an even "higher" evil power that we haven't seen yet or we have seen but is pretending to be good. (The new head of the magic council?)

Wasn't there a bit of what was implied to be two dragons talking at one point? I don't think they're captured, I think they're off doing something against a much greater threat.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 03:48 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Q99
But we already have an Erza, and Wendy's just a kid. Plus role-wise she's healbot instead of asskicker.

Also I suspect she's sort of the new 'Lucy'- Lucy's growing more powerful and a new newbie is needed.

Well, Natsu and Gajeel are very similar in type: never give up until the very last breath, super strong willed, very rowdy, loyal as fudge, etc. So I see no reason to have a strong hot female type.

And, ditto on your second point. But, Lucy still has plenty of room to grow.

That makes me think: I would LOVE an RPG of this game. Singler player, of course. It would be fun as crap to make it similar to the Fable RPG games: take jobs for the guild and complete them one by one and gain experience along the way while solving your personal story on the side. Sounds fun. I would play that game. sad

Originally posted by Q99
Wasn't there a bit of what was implied to be two dragons talking at one point? I don't think they're captured, I think they're off doing something against a much greater threat.

It was...it was a dark character type that we don't know much about that was after them or something.

Did some reading: It's Zeref...unconfirmed, but very directly implied. They are leaving humans alone for some reason.

Last edited by dadudemon on Sep 27th, 2010 at 05:05 PM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 05:00 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Wasnt sure what I felt with Lisanna returning. Her death was massive development for Mirajane and Elfman, and must of done something to Natsu[love interest?]. And a decade of her thought to be dead was blown away in less then a chapter. Seemed a bit fast and sudden.

Also bothered that Mystogun is gone and Gildarts is damaged. Better things could of been done with them :/

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 09:32 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by BloodRain
Also bothered that Mystogun is gone and Gildarts is damaged. Better things could of been done with them :/

Mystogun was largely a cypher prior to that anyway. Gildarts... damaged but not out of action, he's still a badass smile

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 09:36 PM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

just watched the latest ep and it was awesome, also I thought Natsu had a permanent upgrade when he consumed etherion, just that he didn't display the power he had when he fought Jellal against Laxus...

Old Post Sep 28th, 2010 12:21 AM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Lisanna was definitely Natsu's love interest. They were just about BF/GF before she died.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2010 12:30 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
just watched the latest ep and it was awesome, also I thought Natsu had a permanent upgrade when he consumed etherion, just that he didn't display the power he had when he fought Jellal against Laxus...

No, it's no different than eating fire, and since it was all sorts of concentrated magic instead of pure fire it even weakened him for awhile after due to health effects (note how he was out of it early in the arc).

That's the real advantage of Dragon Slayers; they can amp their magic and their health by eating whatever their element is, either for simple recovery or even a significant overcharge. But it does have it's own severe limits.

Last edited by Q99 on Sep 28th, 2010 at 01:12 AM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2010 01:08 AM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

I see...

I wonder why the other mages don't train as much to increase the potency of their magic, I noticed during the fighting festival arc that some have the potential to be really powerful...

Old Post Sep 28th, 2010 01:57 AM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I see...

I wonder why the other mages don't train as much to increase the potency of their magic, I noticed during the fighting festival arc that some have the potential to be really powerful...

What makes you think they don't?

Training to increase magic power probably takes a lot of work and time, and from what we've seen of mages, most FT ones are decidedly above-average, a lot of the ones in Eisenwald could only summon magic swords and similar low-level stuff. Getting to Natsu and Gray levels has to take some serious practice and dedication.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2010 02:19 AM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

I dunno, most are always at the guild's bar, I don't blame them though, with Cana and Mirajane always there...

Old Post Sep 28th, 2010 03:25 AM
Q99

I dunno, most are always at the guild's bar, I don't blame them though, with Cana and Mirajane always there...

Hey, so are the main characters a lot of the time, everyone hangs out in between missions. Granted, some of 'em are there more than others, like Macao, but a lot come and go, you don't always see the dancing guy or the telepath or the gunslingers around.

Cana's supposed to be one of the stronger guild members too, even though she's a primary hanger-out person.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2010 03:32 AM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

really, didn't know that, I just thought she was one of the youngest to join the guild...

now that Fairy Tail has usurped Bleach's place as one of the big 3, they should start making movies...

Old Post Sep 28th, 2010 04:11 AM
Q99

really, didn't know that, I just thought she was one of the youngest to join the guild...

Cana's been in the Guild the longest of her generation and is about Erza's age, so that's a fair amount of time to get better.

In the upcoming arc she becomes a candidate for the S-class trials.

We just haven't gotten a chance to see her fight in the anime.

quote:

now that Fairy Tail has usurped Bleach's place as one of the big 3, they should start making movies...

Probably later smile

Old Post Sep 28th, 2010 04:53 AM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

too lazy to start the manga where the anime left off so I read the newest chapter, and it looks like things are about to get cracking...

and Evergreen is looking soooo fine, I'll prolly be rooting for her and Elfman as well as Levy and Gajeel if only for the lulz...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2010 05:05 AM
killermover

laughing laughing

Since when? Fairy Tail seems like Rave Master won't last until a 100 episodes, it's to unoriginal to even be main stream. People already hate the manga. It's not replacing Bleach in terms of media success, Natsu in particular has nothing that makes him stand out from the holy trinity. Ninja's, Pirates, and Shinigami's are all that people care about. Mages? Go read Harry Potter or Vinland Saga.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2010 05:32 AM
killermover is currently offline Click here to Send killermover a Private Message Find more posts by killermover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by killermover
Since when? Fairy Tail seems like Rave Master won't last until a 100 episodes, it's to unoriginal to even be main stream. People already hate the manga. It's not replacing Bleach in terms of media success, Natsu in particular has nothing that makes him stand out from the holy trinity. Ninja's, Pirates, and Shinigami's are all that people care about. Mages? Go read Harry Potter or Vinland Saga.

Since... in sales, it has surpassed Bleach in Japan by quite a bit.

Real numbers from a month or two back:

Sales Ranking Series by Series
*1, 15,220,095 One Piece
*2, *4,178,598 Naruto
*3, *3,616,942 Fairy Tail
*4, *3,169,048 Fullmetal Alchemist
*5, *3,029,300 Nodame Cantabile
*6, *2,626,932 Bleach
*7, *2,533,556 Kimi ni Todoke
*8, *2,376,060 Gintama
*9, *2,083,508 Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
10, *1,574,448 Bakuman

You might not like it, but it's got chops smile

Fun with a good cast (Erza!) and good stories matters more than pure originality. Being somewhat similar to other good things isn't bad if it's also a good thing smile

Last edited by Q99 on Sep 30th, 2010 at 05:43 AM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2010 05:36 AM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Originally posted by killermover
laughing laughing

smh...

was intending to read Vinland Saga though, are there Sasuke-like characters there too?...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2010 06:11 AM
killermover

Originally posted by Q99
Since... in sales, it has surpassed Bleach in Japan by quite a bit.

Real numbers from a month or two back:

Sales Ranking Series by Series
*1, 15,220,095 One Piece
*2, *4,178,598 Naruto
*3, *3,616,942 Fairy Tail
*4, *3,169,048 Fullmetal Alchemist
*5, *3,029,300 Nodame Cantabile
*6, *2,626,932 Bleach
*7, *2,533,556 Kimi ni Todoke
*8, *2,376,060 Gintama
*9, *2,083,508 Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
10, *1,574,448 Bakuman

You might not like it, but it's got chops smile

Fun with a good cast (Erza!) and good stories matters more than pure originality. Being somewhat similar to other good things isn't bad if it's also a good thing smile
I'm talking about overall commerical popularity. Fairy Tail isn't reaching Bleach's place for a while.

You are here: Home » The Scoop » Anime/Manga/Games » Oricon’s Weekly Manga Ranking (August 16th Rank)
Oricon’s Weekly Manga Ranking (August 16th Rank)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 17, 2010 | No Responses

Inside AX brings you the Oricon list of best selling mangas and artbooks for the week of August 16th. We have also included the total sales overall for each manga volume. Enjoy!

1. One Piece vol. 59, Total Sales: 1,852,541

2. Naruto vol. 52, Total Sales: 846,206

3. Bleach vol. 46, Total Sales: 548,912

4. Katekyoshi Hitman REBORN vol. 30, Total Sales: 330,180

5. Gintama vol. 35, Total Sales: 280,185

6. Bakuman vol. 9, Total Sales: 251,082

7. Kaichou wa Maid-sama vol. 11, Total Sales: 114,025

8. Kuroko no Basuke vol. 8, Total Sales: 103,008

9. Beelzebub vol. 7, Total Sales: 94,433

10. Initial D vol. 41, Total Sales: 91,708

11. Bleach Official Character Book 2: Masked, Total Sales: 86,454

12. Gag Manga Byori vol. 11, Total Sales: 80,292

13. Detroit Metal City vol. 10, Total Sales: 137,880

14. Bartender vol. 17, Total Sales: 44,608

15. Ki Kou Douji Ultimo (Ultimo) vol. 4, Total Sales: 39,313

16. Omamori Himari vol. 7, Total Sales: 37,808

17. Kanojo wa Uso wo Itoshi Sugiru vol. 4, Total Sales: 139,267

18. Soul Eater vol. 17, Total Sales: 275,119

19. Gintamashii Kyarakuta Zubukku vol. 3, Total Sales: 33,429

20. Pandora Hearts vol. 12, Total Sales: 140,572

21. One Piece vol. 58, Total Sales: 2,312,304

22. Billy Bat vol. 4, Total Sales: 206,781

23. Ikigami vol. 8, Total Sales: 56,957

24. Suki Desu Suzuki-kun!! vol. 8, Total Sales: 142,027

25. Hokenshitsu no Shinigami vol. 4, Total Sales: 28,375

26. Himitsu Top Secret vol. 8, Total Sales: 80,494

27. Shinjuku Swan vol. 23, Total Sales: 26,673

28. Koidano Meda no vol. 1, Total Sales: 25,579

29. Hyakunen Renbo vol. 1, Total Sales: 24,737

30. Black Bird vol.11, Total Sales: 104,714

Last edited by killermover on Sep 30th, 2010 at 06:51 AM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2010 06:45 AM
killermover is currently offline Click here to Send killermover a Private Message Find more posts by killermover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote