KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Mike Tyson versus Apollo Creed...

Mike Tyson versus Apollo Creed...
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

IMO Apollo was at his best in 2, that fight should have been stopped in the latter rounds, TKO to Apollo.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 02:13 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big juggy man

It is funny when casuals call boxers glass chin. Every time a boxer gets knocked down he has a glass chin. Tyson took tons of flush punches from Razor Ruddock who was a bigger puncher than Buster Douglas and he wasn't fazed by them.

In any case Rocky Balboa a 190 pound slow fighter was able to knock down and stop Creed. Mike Tyson if he existed in the Rocky Series would destroy Creed in a few rounds.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2020 04:12 PM
big juggy man is currently offline Click here to Send big juggy man a Private Message Find more posts by big juggy man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

The real Mike Tyson in his prime would completely destroy Creed. Tyson from the movie is harder to call... mostly because I'm having a hard time remembering his fights.

Apollo Creed looked fast but mostly because he was fighting Rocky who had all the grace of a charging rhino. Drago certainly had no problems landing hits on him. I'm pretty sure movie Tyson was a lot faster than Rocky or Drago and showed more skill than Apollo.

So I do think Tyson wins, though I'll need to review some footage from the movie to be sure.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2020 07:01 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Creed FTW, bay-bee!

We never saw Creed at 100% in any of the movies; he was, in order, not in his best shape, or in shape but missing the eye of the tiger, or in shape but retired, or past his prime.

And it still took Rocky becoming the greatest never quit fighter in boxing movie history to go the limit in Rocky (and nearly go blind) and actually beat Creed in Rocky II (by one second).

mmmm...that’s some good Creed!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2020 10:17 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote