KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode 32 - The Deserter

Episode 32 - The Deserter
Started by: Ordo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Episode 32 - The Deserter

...but who is the mysterious Cut Lawquane?

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Dec 13th, 2009 03:46 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

That's what I want to know. Are our Mandos from the trailer finally appearing?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 06:17 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I dont think so, but apparently Filoni is writing about why the mandos are making an appearence in the SW Inside #116. I dont subscribe but I might pick that up. I think its too early for the mandos though, but we are reachign the end of the trailer scenes, which we hit at episode 10 last year with Lair of Grievous. The only things we are missing are a Felucia sequence with Greivous (I'm guessing that is gonna be part of Episode 10) and the Sateen/Mando sequences.

If there is a Mando called Lawquane I will piss on Filoni's grave. I'm hoping its one of the other bounty hunters we've seen in the promo. The zabraki girl? [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Rumor has it she is a lethan ?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 08:23 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I think I solved it:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 06:02 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

she looks... used.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 06:33 AM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Weird seeing the date as a digit that that doesn't begin with a 0, but I believe we've found our Lawquane.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 07:35 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Maybe she can kill grievous...

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 03:52 PM
REXXXX
Networking

She has a blaster, and it's Grievous' only weakness! stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 12:42 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

...I thought it was an enema tube...

Thats Grievous' other weakness.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 04:59 AM
REXXXX
Networking

I'm sure it gets rusty all up in there.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 11:50 AM
Abu-Bactr

Re: Episode 32 - The Deserter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ordo
...but who is the mysterious Cut Lawquane?

Weird name.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 09:12 PM
Click here to Send Abu-Bactr a Private Message Find more posts by Abu-Bactr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Aren't all Star Wars names usually peculiar?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 09:35 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Least Lawquane seems French, folling the Twilek inspiration for the series.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 05:55 AM
Abu-Bactr

Lawquane has children with the twilek.

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000865.html

The kids in the last scene.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 07:39 AM
Click here to Send Abu-Bactr a Private Message Find more posts by Abu-Bactr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I... did not like this episode. Really disappointing follow-up to the Grievous-killing-centric episode from before.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2010 10:54 AM
S_D_J
Bane

I thought it was ok... the whole thing with Cut was boring, but Obi hunting Grievous was kinda intense big grin

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jan 9th, 2010 05:02 PM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I would've preferred if the Cut thing was cut entirely from the plot. It was so boring and not what they should have focused on when the episode before it was so focused on murderfacing Grievous. This should have been more Jedi chasing down Grievous and given them a chance to show Grievous being smart about being on the run and using his droids to delay the Jedi and so on... not 'a clone deserted and has children who activate droids.'

Also made those commando droids look like crap...

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 10:13 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I'm sorry I missed reviewing this episode. I had an exam and couldn't snag it in time.

Overall I did NOT like this episode. Its plot was arbitrary.

What this episode did well was that I really like Grievous riding the Reek and the banter/complainnig of the battle droids. There were some epic shots of Felucia, which I was glad to see make an appearance in this series. Espeically with Grievous' green lightsaber, some great visuals.

It was also nice to see a really different setting: a farm, a run down wooden building, and a family environment.

It was also nice to see a Rex episode, a clone injured and healed as opposed to just eh on/off life of clones/stormies. I just think Rex deserved a higher quality episode.

What I really hated was the rest of the story. It was great to see a clone attempting to make a normal life, but it left the issues of growth acceleration and desertion very unadressed. In addition, I'm a bit miffed by the inter species breeding, and the timeline of having children that age is entirely off.

The shot at teh end with Rex riding off into the sunset was just a total loss for me. It degrades the quality of the Tatooine shots by trying to replicate the drama after a week storyline with a relatively unimportant character. In addition, it was WAY too much of a dramatic moment that suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

So yeah, I'd give this one an Neutral-Negative. Its what I'd expect for the doldrums of the season, but overall I think Rex deserved a much better solo episode.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 06:39 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Agreed. I'd say negative. I don't mind focusing on Rex so much as the ridiculous Cut Lawquane storyline.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2010 11:51 PM
queeq
Chaos

I kinda liked the diversion story on Rex... The whole thkng with OB1 and Grievous is getting quite stale. And once you're in the mood of watching it all in sequence including the movies, the ROTS confrontation between OB1 and Grievous is a big yawn: again?

Also I am getting bored with OB1 and Anakin. So this kind of sideline was quite a relief. I do think they should go that way much more.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 06:26 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote