KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who is smarter: Batman Vs. Iron Man

Who is Smarter?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Batman/Bruce Wayne 28 59.57%
Iron Man/Tony Stark 19 40.43%
Total: 47 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who is smarter: Batman Vs. Iron Man
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

Who is smarter: Batman Vs. Iron Man

My buds and I have been arguing over this for quite some time, drunkin' comic arguments are the best btw, and I want to see what the smart people with comic evidence have to say about this. Maybe change my mind as well as everyone elses.

I remember Batman made that super computer that went haywire, oh no, tough shit. It went crap, but they stopped it if I remember. Then you have Iron man, who is a genius, but sent Hulk to space, which wasn't very smart, though I know he's pretty brilliant. So let's see what you all have to say, my vote for the time being goes to Batman though.

Show only canon examples please, Ultimate Iron Man wouldn't count as we're talking about 616 Iron Man and.... well.... whatever earth the real Batman is from.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 11:15 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Different types of smarts. Batman is more of a detective, and Iron Man is more tech, but stat wise Bats is more genius while Iron Man is more Super Genius like Reed Richards, just had a natural aptitude for his field, way beyond what a human would. Even the most intelligent will make bad judgment calls, that is more based on wisdom than anything.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 12:30 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Different types of smarts. Batman is more of a detective, and Iron Man is more tech, but stat wise Bats is more genius while Iron Man is more Super Genius like Reed Richards, just had a natural aptitude for his field, way beyond what a human would. Even the most intelligent will make bad judgment calls, that is more based on wisdom than anything.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 12:55 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

If you sat them down with collegiate graduate tests of various types, Batman will smoke him though, and even hold his own in the tech field.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 01:13 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

They pause at the doors. "This speech therapist..." Batman says.
"Miss Wisakedjak. She graduated from the Rose Bruford School."
Batman's lip curls.
"Wisakedjak is the name of the Cree Indian trickster god, " he says, as if it's something only idiots wouldn't know. "Where's Harley Quinn?"

Batman 663.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 01:18 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Batman.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 01:41 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Batman has a higher IQ, and could build robots way better than Tony

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 01:44 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Batman is the world's greatest detective and the world's second greatest in pretty much every other scientific discipline. Tony Stark is the world's greatest Futurist according to Reed Richards but outside of his specialty (engineering and robotics) he's not very impressive. Batman meanwhile is the perfect lab assistant because while he may not be the very best in anything outside of criminology he is still one of the best. Batman is a jack of all trades and a master of one at the same time. In a bot building competition I'd give Tony the nod but Batman cleans up in virtually everything else.
Now as far as wisdom and common sense go Batman wins again. Cunning? Batman. Strategy? Tony isn't shabby in that department but Batman is generally recognized to be the King of Prep as far as heroes are concerned.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Last edited by Omega Vision on Dec 20th, 2009 at 04:04 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 04:01 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tideoftime

Batman has the all-around greater intellect and thought processes; IronMan is intelligent, but his talent in the tech-field is more reflective of a genius aptitude in a specific field of thought/study, rather than raw mental prowess.

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 04:05 PM
tideoftime is currently offline Click here to Send tideoftime a Private Message Find more posts by tideoftime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Nah, Iron man is more of a genius and IS smarter than Bruce. Batman is way more disciplined with everything that comes in between.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 04:09 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Bentley
Nah, Iron man is more of a genius and IS smarter than Bruce. Batman is way more disciplined with everything that comes in between.

In what ways is he smarter? Generally the ability to learn and store information is what constitutes the modern view of intelligence (contrast wisdom and cunning) and in that regard Batman is much better. He knows things Tony Stark will never know and while Tony was getting his degree at MIT Bruce was traveling the world learning not just from the world's greatest scientists, chemists, and criminologists but also from the greatest monks and spiritual leaders who taught him things Tony can't imagine. In the same time Tony learned how to be an awesome engineer Bruce learned how to become the pinnacle of human achievement.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 04:13 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Juntai
If you sat them down with collegiate graduate tests of various types, Batman will smoke him though, and even hold his own in the tech field.
Good point, he is versatile, but Tony still has that supernatural ability, and he's outsmarted Reed before as well. Tony is an engineer and businessman predominately though. Excellent strategist too.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 04:16 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Tony probably got better raw intellect. Bats has more dicipline and willpower.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 04:16 PM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Omega Vision
In what ways is he smarter? Generally the ability to learn and store information is what constitutes the modern view of intelligence (contrast wisdom and cunning) and in that regard Batman is much better. He knows things Tony Stark will never know and while Tony was getting his degree at MIT Bruce was traveling the world learning not just from the world's greatest scientists, chemists, and criminologists but also from the greatest monks and spiritual leaders who taught him things Tony can't imagine. In the same time Tony learned how to be an awesome engineer Bruce learned how to become the pinnacle of human achievement.
Intelligence doesn't "grow" by studying that's knowledge, intelligence is potential and capacity, how long would it take for one to learn in that area? Bit of a difference.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 04:18 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Overall all things considered I'd go with Bruce.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 04:20 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Intelligence doesn't "grow" by studying that's knowledge, intelligence is potential and capacity, how long would it take for one to learn in that area? Bit of a difference.

You missed my point. By learning so much in such a short time Batman proved he had immense intellect whereas Tony comparatively showed that he was a natural engineer but not much else. Ask yourself: who do you think would be better at solving a crossword puzzle? Who could come up with a great plan to save the world in a pinch? Who could learn a dead language in an hour's time to decipher an ancient scroll just by learning a single word and working from there with context clues? The answer is Batman, Batman, and Batman.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 04:25 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Omega Vision

What Tony has, we call it intuition. He never trained himself to become the best at something, it just comes natural to him; there is not a great effort and unnatural time invested in becoming better than everyone else in the world. Bruce trained all his life to become the best, he is more disciplined, he tried to learn more things, to always be the best. Tony never really tried to become the best in everything, and his intelligence is too wild, too untamed to have the discipline and patience to go for everything. He wants good results fast and he gets them.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 04:25 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Bentley
What Tony has, we call it intuition. He never trained himself to become the best at something, it just comes natural to him; there is not a great effort and unnatural time invested in becoming better than everyone else in the world. Bruce trained all his life to become the best, he is more disciplined, he tried to learn more things, to always be the best. Tony never really tried to become the best in everything, and his intelligence is too wild, too untamed to have the discipline and patience to go for everything. He wants good results fast and he gets them.
Exactly my point. I know I myself too have not a lot of interest in many things, but I've always had the aptitude.

Now if you consider training, then Batman wins in many fields, but I'm just saying aptitude. What if Tony led Bruce's life and vice versa?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 04:29 PM
Firestorms

I might give Tony a slight edge

When it comes to computers, genetics, physics, spaceships, machines, military products and general science, and inventions Tony gets a lead in his science
He has a long list of feats
Super camouflage, Cloaking, Stealth
Repulsors, Lasers, remote controlled grenades you name it
Intelligence systems for the U.S. Gov
Helping clone Thor
Building Tanks, Aircraft, a flotilla of Satellites
Arc Reactor
Hacking into systems with technopathy

But the truth is Batman seems to have more variety to him, he's trained in martial arts, he's a top business man, is way more disciplined
Batman is a much better detective
The Wayne foundation has more money
Batman is a great Leader

It's true Tony can be a good leader and a good business man, but his Business Empire is broke down and his people skills sucked during Civil War. I also think Thor should have beat the crap out of Reed since he was also involved in everything
Right now Batman is ahead of Tony but when Ironman gets back on his feet and back to full speed even the Batman can not match him.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 04:33 PM
Firestorms is currently offline Click here to Send Firestorms a Private Message Find more posts by Firestorms Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Who cares who's smarter... All I know is they're both billionaire playboys!! That's what really counts.... =P

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 04:42 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote