KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who is smarter: Batman Vs. Iron Man

Who is Smarter?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Batman/Bruce Wayne 28 59.57%
Iron Man/Tony Stark 19 40.43%
Total: 47 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who is smarter: Batman Vs. Iron Man
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
That has nothing to do with overall intelligence. Someone might plan a helluva wedding planner but ask them a thing about physics and they are lost. Batman is The wedding planner whereas Tony is the physicist.

thumb up the best way I've seen of describing Bats and his prep.

Old Post May 1st, 2015 07:05 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
saurabh kanhere
Restricted

Account Restricted

Batman knowS almost everything and tony doesn't . Moreover, Bruce applies them also...tony is not better or even equal. Bruce is SMARTER.

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 12:46 PM
saurabh kanhere is currently offline Click here to Send saurabh kanhere a Private Message Find more posts by saurabh kanhere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Well, the batcomputer and brother eye are pretty impressive techwise.

Not sure if they could really compete with Iron Man's all out stuff.

By and by I think Tony's confidently smarter than Batman.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 01:04 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
saurabh kanhere
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by krisblaze
Well, the batcomputer and brother eye are pretty impressive techwise.

Not sure if they could really compete with Iron Man's all out stuff.

By and by I think Tony's confidently smarter than Batman.

thats not it, u measuring batman with his animated series. His watchtower and all that of JL is more than IM suits.

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 01:10 PM
saurabh kanhere is currently offline Click here to Send saurabh kanhere a Private Message Find more posts by saurabh kanhere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tezrax2

Batman is considerably smarter than Iron Man is. Sure Iron Man can win when it comes to building a science project (although Batman would do just fine in that category) but there's so much more to intelligence than that.

Not only is Batman more versatile but his mind is way more analytically built than Iron Man is and would figure a problem out much faster. Batman's ability to learn and absorb knowledge is also better, this is someone who's mastered every fighting style, detective skills, and is more than capable in most fields of science, if Batman had spent his life study solely engineering and robotics he could of easily have surpassed Iron Man in these fields.

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 11:15 PM
Tezrax2 is currently offline Click here to Send Tezrax2 a Private Message Find more posts by Tezrax2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Looks like Bruce is going to be something similar to Metron/ New God.

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 11:18 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

If Batman were smarter, he wouldn't be out there beating criminals with his fists - he'd be using his money to alleviate the problems that lead to criminals in the first place. He's not fighting the core issue, he's beating on the symptom.

Anyway, I'm just going to leave this here:

(please log in to view the image)

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Last edited by Blair Wind on May 2nd, 2015 at 11:25 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 11:22 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I'd like to see where Bruce ' s best suits stack up against Tonys.

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 11:25 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Blair Wind
If Batman were smarter, he wouldn't be out there beating criminals with his fists - he'd be using his money to alleviate the problems that lead to criminals in the first place. He's not fighting the core issue, he's beating on the symptom.

Anyway, I'm just going to leave this here:

That scan is rather questionable though.
Reed has random weapons that can dust Celestials, close black holes, and a whole lot of other things. Along with many dimensional relevant things. Time portals, dimensional portals, etc.

Even Galactus respects his intelligence.

Reed's modesty doesn't put Tony on Reed's actual ability to apply his intelligence. What we've seen from Reed puts Tony back in high school. Maybe their actual iq is similar, but what they can do with it is not.

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 11:49 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kryptoniano
Zoom

Tony Stark and all of Marvel's top geniuses are much smarter than Bruce Wayne.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 02:31 AM
Kryptoniano is currently offline Click here to Send Kryptoniano a Private Message Find more posts by Kryptoniano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Golgo13
I'd like to see where Bruce ' s best suits stack up against Tonys.
Did Bruce create any of his suits?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 02:34 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
saurabh kanhere
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kryptoniano
Tony Stark and all of Marvel's top geniuses are much smarter than Bruce Wayne.

iq doesn't matter that much, batman's battle strategy and tactics are way more impressive than those.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 04:15 AM
ODG

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
That scan is rather questionable though.
Reed has random weapons that can dust Celestials, close black holes, and a whole lot of other things. Along with many dimensional relevant things. Time portals, dimensional portals, etc.

Even Galactus respects his intelligence.

Reed's modesty doesn't put Tony on Reed's actual ability to apply his intelligence. What we've seen from Reed puts Tony back in high school. Maybe their actual iq is similar, but what they can do with it is not.
I think they're closer than you think.

But this is a Batman vs Iron Man thread, not a Reed vs Tony thread.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 04:26 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

If we're talking about who has used their intelligence to construct the better tech, Tony wins solidly--I don't think it's even debatable. Building godlike hyper-tech is simply what he does.

If we're talking about intelligence in the way of strategizing/planning for various scenarios, however, it's much closer. My gut would still point me toward Tony, but I can understand why some would choose Bats.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 3rd, 2015 at 04:49 AM

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 04:41 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by ODG
I think they're closer than you think.

But this is a Batman vs Iron Man thread, not a Reed vs Tony thread.
Like I said, it seems more like modesty than anything. For Iron Man to catch up to what Reed has done based on a couple of statements isn't right. It's not that Tony is dumb or anything or any less, but Reed just has been doing ludacris bridges stuff his entire career. Minus Hickman's Avengers, how close do you think the two would be?

Not that I'm saying it has thread bearing but merely throwing it out there to ward off Batman fans shouldn't work without a little context to it. Modesty does happen in comics and it's not like Reed is full of ego. He's also wrong about that statement you used as well if we consider builders like Galactus.

That being said, Val would assblast both at the same time.

Last edited by One Big Mob on May 3rd, 2015 at 05:17 AM

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 05:12 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 05:17 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Pretty much split between Doom and Reed. During Secret Wars Reed was better and now Doom is back on top.

Though I don't know why Doom would say that considering how he stole Galactus' power was some pc level of retardation that it has to be genius. Straight up orange juice and a flashlight shit.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 05:24 AM
Mindset

Pretty much split between Doom and Reed. During Secret Wars Reed was better and now Doom is back on top.

Though I don't know why Doom would say that considering how he stole Galactus' power was some pc level of retardation that it has to be genius. Straight up orange juice and a flashlight shit.
They had to appease Reed fans somehow.

Doom is clearly superior.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 05:32 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Like I said, it seems more like modesty than anything. For Iron Man to catch up to what Reed has done based on a couple of statements isn't right. It's not that Tony is dumb or anything or any less, but Reed just has been doing ludacris bridges stuff his entire career. Minus Hickman's Avengers, how close do you think the two would be?

Not that I'm saying it has thread bearing but merely throwing it out there to ward off Batman fans shouldn't work without a little context to it. Modesty does happen in comics and it's not like Reed is full of ego. He's also wrong about that statement you used as well if we consider builders like Galactus.

That being said, Val would assblast both at the same time.
Minus Hickman, I'd still put them really close. Hickman just had Tony get back into the weapons-building business with a vengeance. He's been a futurist and plot-device engineer before Hickman with S.P.I.N. Tech, power drainers, temporal transposers, time machines, terraformers, armors that can go against Skyfathers and Abstract forces, etc.

Frankly, Val's more like Tony. And she seems elevated far more by lip-service than actual achievements. What has she built again? A light saber? Not sure why you hold her in such high regard given your objections with Hickman's treatment of Tony.
Originally posted by Mindset
They had to appease Reed fans somehow.

Doom is clearly superior.
thumb up

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 05:34 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Val came up with the idea for the ship they'll use to survive the death of the multiverse--the one covered in LT's 'skin'. She's also been instrumental in its construction. /shrug

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 05:58 AM