KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who is smarter: Batman Vs. Iron Man

Who is Smarter?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Batman/Bruce Wayne 28 59.57%
Iron Man/Tony Stark 19 40.43%
Total: 47 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who is smarter: Batman Vs. Iron Man
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ODG
Minus Hickman, I'd still put them really close. Hickman just had Tony get back into the weapons-building business with a vengeance. He's been a futurist and plot-device engineer before Hickman with S.P.I.N. Tech, power drainers, temporal transposers, time machines, terraformers, armors that can go against Skyfathers and Abstract forces, etc.

Frankly, Val's more like Tony. And she seems elevated far more by lip-service than actual achievements. What has she built again? A light saber? Not sure why you hold her in such high regard given your objections with Hickman's treatment of Tony. thumb up

True he is smart, and his Phoenix Killer suit is probably the height of that. And the Thorbuster was good though a little bit of a gift from Thor due to power.
Though you contrast that with shit like the Anti Galactus Suit, the controversal map of the universe feat where he guided proper restoration, and shit like black hole closing guns and Celestial killing weapons (using Hickman's F4). Hell even the Quasar construct guiding to depower Galactus. Screwing up date indexes for the TVA. As well as shit like the zeno room where nothing can cross (but sound) being simple builds. And in Fraction's run Reed pretty much had a TARDIS that had iirc pocket dimensions on the inside and it could travel through time and space. Guy went to the big bang.
And other random shit along those lines.

I'm not saying Tony is stupid, but I think the emphasis of him straight up being Reed level and above it in a lot of ways is a little drastic. To me at least it seems to have come out of left field and based primarily on the dyson sphere. Had the dyson sphere not existed Tony wouldn't have done too much this entire run. Though it's not like Reed's done better... I don't even know what Reed's done. Meh
Honestly based on statements from Hickman's run Tony might as well be smarter than Reed. He's a better builder, he's a better multitasker, and he's only fractionally dumber than Reed and worse at single focus. That... doesn't feel right. erm

She's solved shit Reed couldn't figure out a couple times. The latest being the last issue of F4. She was walking Doom through ways to live and get unlimited power. She also seems to know pretty much how to survive this latest ordeal without any real outside help.
And pretty much every time her and Doom or her and Reed are shown to converse she seems a step ahead.

If Val put her mind to it, she'd come up with some next level shit. Though admittedly this is due to a lot of discussion between characters and not so much on tech. She knows things but doesn't apply it directly.

I'd say top in Marvel go like this:

Galactus
Doom (now)/Maker
Val/Doom/Reed/Thanos
Tony
Pym/Black Panther

Might be some missing but that's the jist of it. Hickman Thanos is not smart at all though.

Last edited by One Big Mob on May 3rd, 2015 at 06:27 AM

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 06:21 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

^ your missing captain britain from that list.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 06:41 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Hickman Thanos might as well be a purple hulk in terms of smartness.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 06:49 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hexititus

Batman is smarter, but now that he's becoming a New God he'll pretty much be smarter than anyone in Marvel.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 06:50 AM
Hexititus is currently offline Click here to Send Hexititus a Private Message Find more posts by Hexititus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Mr. Terrific is supposed to be the 3rd smartest man on DC earth, who is the top 2?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 12:49 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

The Chief and Ray Palmer, IMO. I'd put Luthor above Terrific as well.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 08:59 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Shit, forgot about T.O. Morrow and Ultra-Humanite. They're all pretty close.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 08:59 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Golgo13
Shit, forgot about T.O. Morrow and Ultra-Humanite. They're all pretty close.
Why are you copying Bran's icon?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 09:22 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
She's solved shit Reed couldn't figure out a couple times. The latest being the last issue of F4. She was walking Doom through ways to live and get unlimited power. She also seems to know pretty much how to survive this latest ordeal without any real outside help.
And pretty much every time her and Doom or her and Reed are shown to converse she seems a step ahead.

If Val put her mind to it, she'd come up with some next level shit. Though admittedly this is due to a lot of discussion between characters and not so much on tech. She knows things but doesn't apply it directly.
Were the problems that Val solved done without assistance and/or guidance from Adult Franklin and Nathaniel Richards? I don't quite remember what she solved that Reed didn't.

Doom was also revealed as using Val when she was staying with him, no? Aside from the Inversion stuff where he genuinely wanted to turn a new leaf.

I mean before Reed, Doom and Val, Stark was the one who realized there was no saving the Marvel Multiverse. He knew it from the start, which is why Captain Universe and Cap were so angry with him. So if we're talking about intuition and being a step ahead, seems Stark has the edge. Same thing happened with Civil War.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 09:45 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by Mindset
Why are you copying Bran's icon?

OMG you're right!!!!

He's a thief!!!! BRAN GET IN HERE!!!!!

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 09:49 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Who's Bran?

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 09:58 PM
Mindset

Originally posted by Golgo13
Who's Bran?
Who isn't Bran?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 10:04 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Tony is smarter.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 11:04 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Mindset
Who isn't Bran?

Bran.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 11:09 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowknight

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Mr. Terrific is supposed to be the 3rd smartest man on DC earth, who is the top 2?
Pre NDCU it was

Luthor
Sivana

NDCU

Luthor
Niles Caulder

Old Post May 4th, 2015 12:53 AM
shadowknight is currently offline Click here to Send shadowknight a Private Message Find more posts by shadowknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sadwqecqw
Restricted

Account Restricted

Batman is smarter

Old Post May 5th, 2015 03:14 PM
sadwqecqw is currently offline Click here to Send sadwqecqw a Private Message Find more posts by sadwqecqw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Originally posted by Galan007
Val came up with the idea for the ship they'll use to survive the death of the multiverse--the one covered in LT's 'skin'. She's also been instrumental in its construction. /shrug
On this, I re-read some issues and while Valeria did use the Future Foundation to construct it, it was actually T'Challa who came up with the design:

(please log in to view the image)

And while she realized they needed to figure out how not to lose, it's unclear to me whether Valeria actually solved that problem with the idea of a liferaft. Seems T'Challa did.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post May 10th, 2015 03:22 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Has Batman ever been stated in an actual comic as being one of the smartest people on the planet?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 10th, 2015 09:14 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iodarwar

Batman, he excels in multiple fields while Iron Man really only excels in maybe 2 or 3

Old Post May 12th, 2015 07:58 PM
iodarwar is currently offline Click here to Send iodarwar a Private Message Find more posts by iodarwar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowknight

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Has Batman ever been stated in an actual comic as being one of the smartest people on the planet?
Pre Crisis , definitely. Post Crisis they all talk about how brilliant he's, how smart he's. But I don't recall them stating outright as one of the smartest people on the planet. Let's put it this way he's understood tech and reversed engineered tech at least 1,000 yrs ahead of Earth. He's outsmarted Lex Luthor number of times and he's supposed to be the smartest man on the Planet.

Old Post May 16th, 2015 02:40 PM
shadowknight is currently offline Click here to Send shadowknight a Private Message Find more posts by shadowknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote