KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Why no Harley?

Why no Harley?
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

Why no Harley?

We've had 3 movies with Joker, one was in the 60's when Harley Quinn wasn't around, but since there were 2 more movies with the Joker and yet there was no Harley Quinn and I dunno if I can count that lady in the 89 batman as Harley since she was nothing like her...I don't get it, how come whenever we get Joker we don't get Harley Quinn? She's a great character and she brings humor to the table and she's quite evil and menacing. I'd say maybe the producers/directors are worried that maybe she's too soft and makes the joker seem less...intense and less evil but I dunno, thats just a guess. Fans I'm sure would love to see Harley. I dunno now if it's too late since Heath is dead and we may not have Joker again (I said MAY not NEVER), not sure if you can have Harley on her own but it could work perhaps. Still the question still stands...why no harley quinn?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 10:44 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

IIRC There's supposed to be some CG movie called Arkham (which I'm guessing takes place afer TDK) with her in it. I've only yet seen that teaser trailer.

Probably not good enough I know, but it's the closest thing I can think of.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 12:37 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Still thats a straight to DVD thing and don't think Nolan is involved, she deserves to be on the big screen, dunno who could play her though...thats the part where I get stuck on idea's

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 08:24 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

1. Harley wasn't created yet in 1989, so you can't expect her to be in it.

and

2. Harley Quinn sucks (no offense)

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 12:04 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

^ no she doesn't

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
...and yet there was no Harley Quinn and I dunno if I can count that lady in the 89 batman as Harley since she was nothing like her...

I absolutely agree with every single word in your post but this part is bugging me... by '89 Batman' you mean that Burton/Keaton/Basinger/Nicholson movie?

by Scythe

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 03:32 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Harley's opportunity was The Dark Knight.. I can not foresee her at all in Batman 3 or Batman 4...

Originally posted by Paola
^ no she doesn't

I absolutely agree with every single word in your post but this part is bugging me... by '89 Batman' you mean that Burton/Keaton/Basinger/Nicholson movie?

yes

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 04:31 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

^ no she doesn't

Yeah thats what I meant by 89 batman, dunno why but thats just how I always referred to it

I'm gonna be 100% honest and say I wasn't sure when she was created and that lady we saw with the white face seemed to me to be Harley or...least a really bad representation of her

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 08:37 AM
Paola
Ronin

oooh you mean Joker's girl... Jerry Hall?

yeah, that's absolutely no Harley Quinn

by Scythe

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 07:00 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I thought Harley's first appearance was in the Batman TAS and then she was adapted to comics? If so, that would put her out of any Batman film prior to the early/mid 90's.

She wasn't in TDK because Joker was a noob and had never been to Arkham. He had no psych treatments as yet in the movies.

I'm guessing it would have taken too long to incorporate her into TDK. They focused on Joker and Two Face as the villains. If the Joker appears in another Batman movie then we could see Harley.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 10:30 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Badabing
I thought Harley's first appearance was in the Batman TAS and then she was adapted to comics? If so, that would put her out of any Batman film prior to the early/mid 90's.

She wasn't in TDK because Joker was a noob and had never been to Arkham. He had no psych treatments as yet in the movies.

I'm guessing it would have taken too long to incorporate her into TDK. They focused on Joker and Two Face as the villains. If the Joker appears in another Batman movie then we could see Harley.

I think the only way we'd get joker again is if there was another reboot but i dunno...maybe we'll get joker again played by someone else

oooh you mean Joker's girl... Jerry Hall?

yeah, that's absolutely no Harley Quinn

Yeah her...she did have a sorta HQ look about her but I wasn't sure...was closest thing we ever really had to HQ in the batman movies

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 10:50 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I think the only way we'd get joker again is if there was another reboot but i dunno...maybe we'll get joker again played by someone else

i wouldn't expect to see joker return until another 10 to 20 years from now... harley then as well

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 11:14 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I'll be old by then

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 11:28 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I'll be old by then

well find ra's al ghul's lazarus pit.. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 05:29 AM
steverules_2

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
well find ra's al ghul's lazarus pit.. stick out tongue

In 20 years time chances are you'll have in there and God knows what you'll have done in there...chances are it would involve you and no swimming trunk sick

I think I'll take my chances with growing old stick out tongue

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 10:08 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

In 20 years time chances are you'll have in there and God knows what you'll have done in there...chances are it would involve you and no swimming trunk sick

I think I'll take my chances with growing old stick out tongue

i will swim the english channel.. stick out tongue

but really though Harley was one of a trillion rumors regarding TDK and i am sure the rumor will pop up again during B3

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 07:56 PM
steverules_2

Who could play her I wonder?

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Dec 29th, 2009 08:50 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Who could play her I wonder?

there are so many choices out there

Old Post Dec 30th, 2009 07:57 PM
steverules_2

There any in particular?

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Dec 30th, 2009 09:44 PM
Scythe
The Goat

I thought maybe Brittany Murphy, but she's dead. Not trying to be mean either, I would have liked to see her be Harley.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 08:03 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Yeah she coulda done it well, she's got a Harley look about her as well

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 01:04 PM