KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Christmas Thread 2009

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Christmas Thread 2009
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Melkor
Do I have to fight Sia Akura as Adept? She seems impossible battle.

Also, if I got to first savepoint with only silver key, should I restart the game from the beginning?

Akura is a nasty fight. There's probably a way up that doesn't require you to go through her, though.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 05:03 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Peach
Akura is a nasty fight. There's probably a way up that doesn't require you to go through her, though.

Yeah, you don't need to fight her. The one I didn't beat yet is Pax though, I will need to try it with an adept I think.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 05:09 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

So far I've fought and defeated Terek, came across two of the competitors dead (can't recall which ones), and also came across and fought Pax and Akura once.

I lost both times stick out tongue

Both I think I should have been able to defeat, really; Pax I was simply really low on stamina when I got there (and had lost all my medikits) so I died the first time a roll didn't go my way, and against Akura the dice decided they wanted to hate me over and over. Even when she had a terrible roll, mine would still be like...one point lower.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 05:13 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

A one point gap in Skill makes a significant odds diference; a two point one is enormous.

Akura is extremely dangerous, as noted in the briefing. The Brute can beat her head on by out stamina-ing her. The Marauder has a Hobson;s choice between Akura and Pax- Pax relies on an initial life./death gamble, Akura on elongated risk trhoughout the fight. He probably has the hardest time doing either, as there is no easy way. he can get an advantage against either at the start of thye game, of course, but that blows your Malphas point.

The Adept will be annihilated by Akura every time, but he makes Pax look like an idiot.

-

I think the hardest pla is the Marauder. The Adept and Brute both ave areas that will effectively kill them stone dead at once, but you can learn to avoid them and both have other areas where they excel.

The Marauder may be generally safrer but it is more difficult for him to find his ways to overcome specific things (unlike the Brute who just gets his bonus atomatically, and the Adept who just has to be sharp-eyed for the prompt).

For example- has anyone found the easy way for the Marauder to get the Gold key yet?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 26th, 2009 at 05:30 PM

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 05:27 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Ushgarak
The Brute can beat her head on by out stamina-ing her.

So long as the dice go your way.

I was using a Brute when I came across Akura and she still destroyed me.

But as I said, the dice were clearly hating me more than they usually do that time, as even when she rolled very poorly, I still managed to roll worse.

I like the Adept the best, though it's very difficult. Their bonus rarely ever pops up stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 05:32 PM
Bardock42

I wouldn't say too easy though it wasn't that bad to get it heading southeast after the jovano patrol

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 05:43 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

But it comes up at the crucial points, so you just need to learn what to avoid. The Adept breezes through one scene that the others find enar-impossible.

The Brute is probably the easiest, though, as he has the besty general recovery from bad encounters. Again, he just needs to avoid anything with a Force roll. Generally he has routes built in for him (like the crab).

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 05:44 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Crucial, or important? Because I had it pop up during something that as far as I can tell, was extremely pointless. Interesting, but pointless.

BTW, I keep getting the feeling that in some areas the directions aren't quite working properly? A few times I've wound up back in the same spot I just was, effectively going in a circle, even though I had continued going in one direction.

Originally posted by Bardock42
I wouldn't say too easy though it wasn't that bad to get it heading southeast after the jovano patrol

Jovano patrol? Cool, something I haven't yet found. I've only managed to get a gold key from killing the giant lizard.

Last edited by Peach on Dec 26th, 2009 at 05:52 PM

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 05:50 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The Jovano patrol is a good example of an obstacle that makes some types think but to which the Brute just goes 'Brute KILL!' and goes straight through.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 05:52 PM
Peach
mordrem

I'm trying to get my mindset out of the "kill everything I see" one I usually have, since I've been mostly playing the Adept, but damn is it hard when my first instinct is to destroy everything...

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 06:02 PM
Lord Melkor

I didn`t play for a very long time yet, but my Adept lost to Pax in lightsabre combat, so he certainly didn`t make him look like idiot....

I was surprised that Brute started in different area than Adept. Do i have to use the train to explore the places other start in?

I wonder if you meet Pax and Alura later if you don`t kill them.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 06:11 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The odds are greatly in favour of the Adept beating Pax, so long as you have not let the other threats on the island tear you to pieces.

All three characters start in different areas, actually tailored to help them out.

The train is not necessary for a link up, though once you are familiar with the Island it is bloody handy.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 06:13 PM
Peach
mordrem

The train so far has done nothing but confuse the hell out of me and get me completely lost, yay.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 06:15 PM
Lord Melkor

Actually as Adept I had an impression that there are enough medikits to restore you between fights.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 06:17 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, no problem then!

BtVS

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 06:18 PM
Peach
mordrem

Only if you manage to scavenge every medikit hidden around the island and don't nearly get dumped off the edge of the cliff, I'd say...

(that happened to me just after I'd found a stash with like four medikits in a cave, and I lost all of them. I was pissed.)

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 06:19 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, what I am not hearing is much love for the Marauder...

BtVS

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 06:20 PM
Peach
mordrem

But you can shoot everything, like you pointed out to me yesterday!

Hehe.

Personally, I tend to shy away from all-rounder types. I prefer having some sort of specific focus than being decently good at everything. More fun that way.

What's everyone been using the most, btw? I've mostly been using Adept, though I've tried all three. I know Rex has been using Brute and General Kaliero's been using Adept.

What did you use the most in this, Ush?

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 06:24 PM
Lord Melkor

Still Ush, Pax beat me in lightsabre while I was in good health, I quess I was unlucky with rolls, a I tried once so far.

And pity Akura is untochable to Adept, maybe there should be a way to explore her soft feminine side stick out tongue

I could actually use a hint -if as Adept I reached the first savepoint at turn 19 and with one key (silver), should I restart or continue from that point?

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 06:27 PM
Bardock42

I played the marauder most of the time, and mapped most of the island with him. After I found where the keys are though and where the brute starts, I wanted to beat the game so I pressured through it with him. It is pretty. Easy for him to get the gold and silver key and get tot the plateau. And it is kinda nice to not have to think too much and only select lightsabre really

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 06:27 PM