KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Christmas Thread 2009

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Christmas Thread 2009
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Melkor

Well, my Marauder had it relatively easy against Pax after spying at him. I won the game with less deaths than Brute and Adept, but it is likely due to knowing the routes - knowing the route to the golden key posessed by the lizard by heart is useful, as I found him not a very hard fight with every character. Silver key is easy to get from the sniper if you are Marauder I believe, though Adept can get it from different place with one move at the beginning. I forgot where was the second golden key, I once got to it...

Adept can actually get to the array with around four fights, I think, counting Pax.

Actually, Ush, it is a bit too easy to get top 9 points score. You should get points for bonus things - like killing Terek or winning non-conlusive fights with Zeng.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 04:52 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Fighting the Lizard as the Adept, and just out and out fighting him as a Marauder, is highly inefficient. When you can play through the game with a character properly and, as I say, blowing no medkits, you can talk about the game being easy. As it is, killing more foes than Zeng is already set as a separate challenge. Meanwhile, killing Terek is NOT a bonus, it has its own value, and you thinking otherwise indicates incorrect Marauder play. And you blew a point to spy on Pax so that doesn't count. And even getting the silver key involves getting a gun, which is easy enough once you are aware of what is going on but it is a. not a given and b. still one step more complicated than t is for the other two.

The game is punishing enough as you are trying to get to grips with it. If it was made so hard that if you did not do it perfectly you always lost, most people would never finish.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 27th, 2009 at 04:59 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 04:55 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

You are right, with each character I used at least several medikits. As Adept you can get several medikits by using his class specialty, and this was more than enough.

As I said, this game is only relatively easy after you die 10 times before. So it was not easy for me.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 05:02 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Fighting the lizard as an Adept is a pain. I've won once and lost once, and now can't even remember how I got to it.

Need to find another way of getting a gold key

The stuff you can pick up from Terek was a good enough reward for killing him, in my opinion.

And I still haven't managed to complete this. I just can't seem to keep track of where I'm going and where I've been and I'm constantly going in circles and getting lost.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 05:03 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Are you really doing an Adept by fighting the Lizard? Because that's an unacceptable risk of death for a general strategy. Plenty of people would die doing that and it nearly always costs too much stamina.

Remember, you can luck it through anything in the game, but that doesn't make it a good idea. You can, in theory, kill Zeng with no prep, but it's hardly laudable.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 27th, 2009 at 05:10 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 05:04 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Well, for the Adept I got the following route (mind you I did not spend most of Christmas playing it).

Get the altar golden key, go east past the box with history question, go to the south station, go to east station, use the Force on Lizard (there was option to use the codeword there, right?), kill him, get to the West station, go North to get medikits that only Adept ctan get (to heal injuries after Lizard fight), go northeast to that weird bridge encounter, go south past the lion which is no-fight for Adept, defeat Pax, go east to get final key and get to the array, in short.

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 05:11 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No, there's no option to use the codeword on the lizard. It's not a good way for the Adept to get a gold key- even on the Force roll, he's only evens with the lizard and that makes for a damaging fight.

Actually anyone can get the medkits with a force roll, though you should only get them if you are at full health. I'll check if that is bugged.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 05:13 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nope, it's working fine. In which case, that's a very inefficient route- you will very possibly take as much damage from the Lizard as you get back from the kits. And not that unlikely that the lizard kills you.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 05:15 PM
Lord Melkor

There were the hornets, though i forgot the exact route. Which means I have to replay.

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 05:18 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The Hornets can only be fought with the Force, which makes them a far better target for the Adept.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 05:19 PM
Peach
mordrem

Only fought with the Force? I like the sound of that.

Now I'd just need to find them. Since I haven't come across those yet at all.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 05:21 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Meanwhile, the iphone version of the game is now available- do you still want it, Bardock?

-

The problem with the Hornets is that you have to go through the patrol, and it might end up being much of a muchness for the Adept in that case, now I look at it.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 27th, 2009 at 05:24 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 05:22 PM
Peach
mordrem

And I haven't yet even come across that patrol, either...

I did just find that Ogre thingy, though. Managed to successfully pass every roll and then once the fight itself started, it all went a bit south and I died.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 05:25 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The Adept shouldn't be messing with that thing.

-

The Marauder certainly shouldn't just straight-up fight the lizard; that is making his life way harder than need be.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 05:26 PM
Peach
mordrem

Yeah, well. I hadn't quite intended to. Kind of walked into it on accident because I hadn't found it yet and hence didn't know it was there...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 05:29 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

So, some other challenges that I have not seen answers to yet:

- What are all the things the Brute is immune to?

- What is the easy way for the Marauder to get the gold key?

- What two Adept revelations refer (trivially) to the current game backstory?

- Can you get up to the plateau via one route, go back down again and come back up the other route with time enough to get to the array?

- Have you hit Zeng with three traps?

And most of all...

- Have you fond the secret save code? If you have, please don't shout it out as that could spoil the game for others.

The game is full of trivia to build up a more complete world, from the fate of the pirates, to Akura's conversation with the similarly-minded Blaise in the opening scene being a prelude to her killing him on the bridge, to the poisoning of the soma being designed so it actually affects the Brute- like the sonic amplifiier, this is because Malphas littered the array with things tp help the competitors ill each other, intending to see who made best use of them.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 27th, 2009 at 05:37 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 05:34 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Also meanwhile, for your amusement, here is the update log of the various changes that came about during production as I playtetsted it.

Spoilers within for those not finished yet.

http://under-the-gun.org/christmas/...est%20Bugse.pdf

BtVS

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 05:43 PM
Lord Melkor

Well, Brute is immune to the disease that you can get near the pirates, at least. Though the volcanic fumes affected him as well, I think?

Two Adept revelations - about the guy called Melonath that Daradax killed and something from the History of the Nations of the Sith - about the Queen that cursed the Sith so that would always destroy each other.

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 05:47 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yup, that's the ones for the Adept...

The Brute is affected by the volcanic dust making him thirsty, but not by the fumes where you fight the Iron Legion- indeed, he gets a whole different bunch of text for that.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 05:49 PM
Lord Melkor

Okay, those hornets where in forest, right?

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 06:00 PM