KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Christmas Thread 2009

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Christmas Thread 2009
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I think I've found a bug,
Against the sith novices, I beat the ones in saber combat, then tried to subdue the rest with the force, I rolled 3s for a total of six and beat them, then later I rolled something else for a 10 and failed the check...

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 04:03 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Err, that might need to be more precise. If that was a Force check and you were not an Adept, then it was a failure.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 08:08 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, almost a week on. Anyone who has not had time to devote their lives to conquering the usland- any hints wanted? And meanwhile...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 08:58 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Coming... err... sometime in 2010!

-

GENERAL OF THE REPUBLIC

The Jovano War is a few weeks old and the outlook is bleak for the Republic. World after world falls to the enemy. The local planetary defense forces no match for the Jovano aggressors. The pervading belief is that the Jovano are invincible and morale slumps.

Various Republican Generals demand the Senate raise a huge army before they will take the field against the Jovano. The Generals argue that only by outnumbering the Jovano can they bolstercrumbling morale and win a victory, but the Senate cannot agree how to finance such an army or where in the Republic they should recruit the soldiers needed. Meanwhile the Jovano advance continues, morale continues to decline, the Generals demand even larger numbers for the army, and the Senate seems to get further and further from a consensus.

Urgently needing a resolution, the Supreme Chancellor decides to break with tradition and find a General outside of the military cadre. He seeks out the one individual who has won any sort of success in the war, the Jedi who defeated Darth Trayas on Damaria. The Chancellor asks this Jedi to form an army and lead it to victory over the Sith to smash the
myth of Jovano invincibility and break the Generals and the Senate out of their deadlock.

The Jedi must win approval of the Senate and recruit enough men for the army before confronting the Jovano on Ganlidar, a battle whose outcome will decide the fate of the Republic.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 09:01 PM
Lord Melkor

I didn`t have time to play for the last few days. I haven`t managed yet to beat game with Marauder without using medpacks, it was not easy.

I actually don`t have a map of island, as I am bad at this stuff. I just learned which way I should go to find the best good route.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 09:02 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I have a partially-drawn map, which is rather messy (as is typical of my drawing style anyway as I prefer to sketch messily) and I stopped working on it once I figured out where things were. So it's not hugely useful.

And oooooh. More stuff.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 09:04 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes more stuff.

One thing my brother is awaiting is feedback on the difficulty. Island was hrader than Damaria; what did people prefer? General may be adjusted accordingly.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 09:05 PM
Peach
mordrem

Island of Fire was rather difficult to start out, and only once you began to get an idea of where things were (which generally required several restarts) did it get easier. I got very frustrated with it several times.

I also had a lot of annoyances with failing rolls repeatedly and having to restart at very inopportune times, but I think that was more just me personally failing a luck roll stick out tongue

Once I knew were stuff was, though, it got pretty easy. I could probably get to the array in about five minutes now, playing as an Adept. Assuming I don't get crap rolls repeatedly, of course.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 09:09 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Part 4, meanwhile, is already in the planning statges, as implied at the end of Island...

BtVS

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 09:09 PM
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Yes more stuff.

One thing my brother is awaiting is feedback on the difficulty. Island was hrader than Damaria; what did people prefer? General may be adjusted accordingly.
I much preferred Island, though it is a mood thing with me. I was in a major gaming mood lately So I enjoyed investing a lot of time in it. Though I think I'd generally prefer something in the direction of Island.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 09:35 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Difficulty of Island of Fire was okay, though I eagerly await for the implied strategic elements and maybe even poliitical in the next part!

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 09:52 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

There's only so much you can do in a Choose your own Adventure game, you know.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 09:53 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Politics would probably consist of 'Say this or say this to get this result,' Melkor. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 09:55 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Of course, but you can still give some choices in this regard. Have you ever played the Way of the Tiger series? It had a part where the protagonist took control of city-state and had to make some choices how to rule and remain in power.

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 09:57 PM
Lord Melkor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by REXXXX
Politics would probably consist of 'Say this or say this to get this result,' Melkor. stick out tongue

Of course, I know the limitations of this type of games.

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 09:59 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Can't say that I have. Choose Your Own Adventure normally isn't my kind of thing with the exception of Ush n' Brith's recent productions.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 10:00 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Same here, I never even really read the choose your own adventure books when I was a kid.

And when I did, I usually cheated stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 10:03 PM
Lord Melkor

I enjoyed it greatly when I was a kid...

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 10:04 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Way of the Tiger, of course, is in the same universe as the Duelmaster books, and I suspect it is the third of those, The Shattered Realm, that is where some inspiration for GOTR is coming from. I hope he doesn't use many of the names, though; I pinched a load for the current Renegade game.

Kwon's Flail for the win!

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 31st, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 10:05 PM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Huh, neat to know sources for the games. What was Kwon's Flail?

Nice trick.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2010 07:28 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote