KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » ........vs Superman without his weaknesses

........vs Superman without his weaknesses
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ghostman
ive been here less than a month and you are arbuably the worst poster on this site . worse than that carver fellow

I don't give a shit, keep your personal feelings to yourself and get on topic before I report you.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 05:21 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Reborn

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Surfer doesn't need to weakned Superman to be him, he could simply beat him down. He has litterly everything at his disposal including the ability to power up physically if need be. Superman fans, stop your shared dream.

Have you all ever once thought about how Superman is powered by yellow sun rays and Surfer is powered by the cosmos itself which includes billions of stars among other massive energy sources?

So you can post all these feats for surfer which surpass Superman's feat, right?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 05:22 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by abhilegend
So you can post all these feats for surfer which surpass Superman's feat, right?

We aren't comparing feats right now, are we? Why do you always want to talk about feats?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 05:23 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Reborn

We aren't comparing feats right now, are we? Why do you always want to talk about feats?

If not for feats, how else can you compare both characters? By your imagination?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 05:25 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

If not for feats, how else can you compare both characters? By your imagination?

By considering individual power sets and performance against opponents of the same tier like everyone else. And it would help if you didn't lie so much about the feats themselves. We are handicapping fights, not cosmic weightlifting. That's all you seem to really want to do.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 05:37 PM
abhilegend
Reborn

By considering individual power sets and performance against opponents of the same tier like everyone else. And it would help if you didn't lie so much about the feats themselves. We are handicapping fights, not cosmic weightlifting. That's all you seem to really want to do.

Sure that works too. Why don't you start showing all these awesome and powerful heralds Surfer has beaten straight up. I will show one better for every one of them.

And if you're going by powersets, speed kills. Literally in this case.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 05:42 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

double post

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 05:44 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

I honestly don't even know what you are trying to say.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 05:45 PM
abhilegend
Reborn

I don't even know what you are trying to say.

Feats, fights, anything you want to compare. I'm game. Wanna do it?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 05:45 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Feats, fights, anything you want to compare. I'm game. Wanna do it?

Compare WHAT exactly? They don't exist in the same universes. They are both top dogs in their respective universes, but don't completely dominate the tier. If they did, they would be considered in a higher tier. Don't try to act like Diana hasn't gotten the best of Superman, and before you go on an insane rant, I didn't say she was more powerful than him.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 05:47 PM
abhilegend
Reborn

Compare WHAT exactly? They don't exist in the same universes. They are both top dogs in their respective universes, but don't completely dominate the tier. If they did, they would be considered in a higher tier. Don't try to act like Diana hasn't gotten the best of Superman, and before you go on an insane rant, I didn't say she was more powerful than him.

If you're trying to use sacrifice fight as something like a win for Wonder Woman, make sure to remember that Ironman has got the better of a mindcontrolled Surfer too.

And fought surfer to a double KO another time.

Then why are you frothing at the idea of Superman getting any win from Surfer at all if he is the top dog in his universe?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 05:55 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you're trying to use sacrifice fight as something like a win for Wonder Woman, make sure to remember that Ironman has got the better of a mindcontrolled Surfer too.

And fought surfer to a double KO another time.

Then why are you frothing at the idea of Superman getting any win from Surfer at all if he is the top dog in his universe?

What is your point about the Ironman fight? You always leave these hanging chad arguements and you do it on purpose. What exactly is the outcome of those two fights indicative of? If you are concluding that Ironman=Surfer, you are high or stupid. Answer and I'll move on with my reply.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 05:59 PM
abhilegend
Reborn

What is your point about the Ironman fight? You always leave these hanging chad arguements and you do it on purpose. What exactly is the outcome of those two fights indicative of? If you are concluding that Ironman=Surfer, you are high or stupid. Answer and I'll move on with my reply.

What was your purpose for bringing up wonder woman then?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 06:02 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

What was your purpose for bringing up wonder woman then?

Okay, I'll explain again. It's to illustrate that Superman and Wonderwoman are both herald class. I know how obsessed you are with Superman and I don't mean to be insulting, just honest. While you have made it perfectly clear that you believe Superman would beat Thor, Surfer and anyone else in the tier, based on your understanding of said characters in terms of power sets and history and also considering the Thor and Surfer crossovers (yes, I known Superman and Surfer didn't fight), do you HONESTLY believe Superman is a TIER above Surfer/Thor?

Last edited by Blue Area Vet on Jul 13th, 2015 at 06:15 PM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 06:12 PM
abhilegend
Reborn

Okay, I'll explain again. It's to illustrate that Superman and Wonderwoman are both herald class. I know how obsessed you are with Superman and I don't mean to be insulting, just honest. While you have made it perfectly clear that you believe Superman would beat Thor, Surfer and anyone else in the tier, based on your understanding of said characters in terms of power sets and history and also considering the Thor and Surfer crossovers (yes, I known Superman and Surfer didn't fight), do you HONESTLY believe Superman is a TIER above Surfer/Thor?

A tier above? No, absolutely not.

But then you think surfer is a tier above Superman just like Thor, right?

How else can Surfer beat Superman for 8-9 out of 10 fights like you're claiming?

How many wins you'll give to Superman against Surfer and Thor?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 06:15 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

A tier above? No, absolutely not.

But then you think surfer is a tier above Superman just like Thor, right?

How else can Surfer beat Superman for 8-9 out of 10 fights like you're claiming?

How many wins you'll give to Superman against Surfer and Thor?

NO! I never once suggested that! They are all characters of a single tier.

Dude, had you been paying attention not only to me, but everyone else who has made argument's for Surfer, it's a matter of his incredible versatility based on a never ending resource. And it doesn't help that he CAN exploit weaknesses in a match with Superman (on paper).

So no, I don't put him a tier above Thor or Superman, but he's nightmare match up for Superman (and even more of a nightmare for Hulk). On the other hand, Thor is a better match for Surfer due to A) his prowess as a warrior and more importantly, B) Surfer's in ability to effectively manipulate Asgardian energy. Why does Hulk do well against Thor? Thor's pride and warrior spirit compels him to fight Hulk physically, which plays into Hulk's hands.

Sometimes it's all about match ups/powersets. Think about it like this. Take two 6'4, 235 pound men. One is is a martial art instructor, the other has a desk job, goes to the gym and jogs on the weekends. If they were to fight 10 times randomly (different realities), the martial arts instructor is going to take 8 or 9 of them. It doesn't mean the other guy doesn't kick most grown men's asses.

Last edited by Blue Area Vet on Jul 13th, 2015 at 06:28 PM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 06:24 PM
abhilegend
Reborn

NO! I never once suggested that! They are all characters of a single tier.

Dude, had you been paying attention not only to me, but everyone else who has made argument's for Surfer, it's a matter of his incredible versatility based on a never ending resource. And it doesn't help that he CAN exploit weaknesses in a match with Superman (on paper).

So no, I don't put him a tier above Thor or Superman, but he's nightmare match up for Superman (and even more of a nightmare for Hulk). On the other hand, Thor is a better match for Surfer due to A) his prowess as a warrior and more importantly, B) Surfer's in ability to effectively manipulate Asgardian energy. Why does Hulk do well against Thor? Thor's pride and warrior spirit compels him to fight Hulk physically, which plays into Hulk's hands.

Sometimes it's all about match ups/powersets.

So you think Superman has no showings of encountering characters capable of manipulating his powers?

Because right now, you're just assuming surfer can just exploit Superman's weaknesses when it's not how he fights.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 06:27 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

And to answer your final question, I'd give Surfer 8-10 for Superman per random encounter, 10 of ten with knowledge moving forward.

With Thor, you aren't going to like this, but I'd give him 6-10 on the generous side. You need to understand that Thor didn't use a fraction of his magical powers against Superman, and still Superman said he was his hardest opponent. Superman was clearly holding back until the end and his true power stunned Thor, but Thor was holding back as well, perhaps not with strength, but with this full power set. In short, Superman pulled the trigger first. This is why he expressed confidence instead of consession at the end of of crossover when he said he now has Superman's measure. He's saying "Okay, I won't be fooled next time." For the record, I don't think Thor could put him down without using EP.

Last edited by Blue Area Vet on Jul 13th, 2015 at 06:39 PM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 06:34 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

So you think Superman has no showings of encountering characters capable of manipulating his powers?

Because right now, you're just assuming surfer can just exploit Superman's weaknesses when it's not how he fights.

No, I'm saying that this is Surfer's MO and Surfer is easily tough enough to fight him physically until he can discover how to exploit him. Superman has no actual defense against this except for to occupy him. Why can't you just see that in this case, the CLEAR advantage happens to go to Surfer? Most other experts here on both sides believe the same. Your obsession tells you that Superman can and must be EVERYBODY EVERY TIME regardless of the conditions.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 06:37 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'll say this. Batman is not going to outgear Starlord.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 07:05 PM