KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » ........vs Superman without his weaknesses

........vs Superman without his weaknesses
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

Superman in all 3. Surfer has the best chance but I'm giving Clark the edge as he seems to have more of a fighting spirit.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 09:38 PM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Knife
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthgoober
Give me Surfer's powers and I'd stomp Supes any day of the weak and twice on Sunday...

Quite a delusional post.... The powers are not real for any comic character.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 10:54 PM
Knife is currently offline Click here to Send Knife a Private Message Find more posts by Knife Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by abhilegend
Sure that works too. Why don't you start showing all these awesome and powerful heralds Surfer has beaten straight up. I will show one better for every one of them.

And if you're going by powersets, speed kills. Literally in this case.

Dude I seriously don't see why you just don't make your own Superman topic, post all your best feats, and let people judge his power level once and for all? Wouldn't this save time?

Originally posted by Knife

But..what? The post you quoted wasn't saying the powers are real. They were saying if they had access to a similar powerset they'd beat Superman. You can disagree of course, but it's not really delusional. The person didn't say they thought Silver Surfer was a real person. At its core what we do here is theorize who could defeat who based on their performance in comics. You can certainly talk about what you'd do with a certain powerset, as it's all hypothetical anyways.

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 14th, 2015 at 12:07 AM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 12:04 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

You fail to grasp his point, bro.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 12:23 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Knife
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
You fail to grasp his point, bro.

The guy believes if he had Surfers power he would beat Superman.

So he believes if he has the power of a make believe character, he could defeat another make believe character in the real world. erm

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 12:27 AM
Knife is currently offline Click here to Send Knife a Private Message Find more posts by Knife Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

The guy believes if he had Surfers power he would beat Superman.

So he believes if he has the power of a make believe character, he could defeat another make believe character in the real world. erm
He believes that surfers powers are far superior to Superman's. It's irrefutably true. We come to this site to argue fictional characters so if you don't grasp that then you should leave, real world boy.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 01:20 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
No, I'm saying that this is Surfer's MO and Surfer is easily tough enough to fight him physically until he can discover how to exploit him. Superman has no actual defense against this except for to occupy him. Why can't you just see that in this case, the CLEAR advantage happens to go to Surfer? Most other experts here on both sides believe the same. Your obsession tells you that Superman can and must be EVERYBODY EVERY TIME regardless of the conditions.

No, it is not. And Superman has control of his own energies, so yes he has defense against it.

Just like Captain Marvel has a magical advantage against him and unlike surfer is actually damn close to him in strength.

Superman still wins against him in a fight.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 03:12 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Knife
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
He believes that surfers powers are far superior to Superman's. It's irrefutably true. We come to this site to argue fictional characters so if you don't grasp that then you should leave, real world boy.

Um, so you imagine yourself with the powers of these characters defeating other fictional characters as if they were real in every thread?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 12:18 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, it is not. And Superman has control of his own energies, so yes he has defense against it.

Just like Captain Marvel has a magical advantage against him and unlike surfer is actually damn close to him in strength.

Superman still wins against him in a fight.

Yes, it is his MO when the opportunity presents itself. Second, Superman HAS BEEN DRAINED, end of story. If he had control, then are you saying he LET others drain him? Of cours not, the very though of that is ****ing stupid. Of course you ended you statement with rhetoric about Surfer strength level. Yeah, most non Superfanboys say Surfer wins so enjoy being an outlier.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 05:00 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Dude I seriously don't see why you just don't make your own Superman topic, post all your best feats, and let people judge his power level once and for all? Wouldn't this save time?

But..what? The post you quoted wasn't saying the powers are real. They were saying if they had access to a similar powerset they'd beat Superman. You can disagree of course, but it's not really delusional. The person didn't say they thought Silver Surfer was a real person. At its core what we do here is theorize who could defeat who based on their performance in comics. You can certainly talk about what you'd do with a certain powerset, as it's all hypothetical anyways.

He'd rather infect every thread he encounters with his Super virus. He's like the Brainiac of posters.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 05:01 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Yes, it is his MO when the opportunity presents itself. Second, Superman HAS BEEN DRAINED, end of story. If he had control, then are you saying he LET others drain him? Of cours not, the very though of that is ****ing stupid. Of course you ended you statement with rhetoric about Surfer strength level. Yeah, most non Superfanboys say Surfer wins so enjoy being an outlier.

laughing out loud

Its not. But at this point you're just ranting at how Superman's feats don't apply.

Good luck with that.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 05:03 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud

Its not. But at this point you're just ranting at how Superman's feats don't apply.

Good luck with that.

Say what? Obviously you are confused. I wasn't talking about Superman's feats at the moment, but since you brought it up, feats of strength and speed outside of combat feats are just......feats. What you do is reference non-combat feats when making arguments as to why Superman would win a fight. You don't want to use actual combat threads because it would show that Superman doesn't perform to the level that his space cheese feats would suggest. So continue to hide behind non combat feats, I'll keep flushing you out. Tell me about him holding a star and seeing lighting in slow motion and I'll tell you how he mysteriously lost those powers levels in 95% of his fights.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 05:12 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Say what? Obviously you are confused. I wasn't talking about Superman's feats at the moment, but since you brought it up, feats of strength and speed outside of combat feats are just......feats. What you do is reference non-combat feats when making arguments as to why Superman would win a fight. You don't want to use actual combat threads because it would show that Superman doesn't perform to the level that his space cheese feats would suggest. So continue to hide behind non combat feats, I'll keep flushing you out. Tell me about him holding a star and seeing lighting in slow motion and I'll tell you how he mysteriously lost those powers levels in 95% of his fights.

You want to use combat feats? Against Superman?

Alright. Let's do it. What kind of combat feat do you want? Against heralds? Skyfathers? Abstracts?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 05:21 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

You want to use combat feats? Against Superman?

Alright. Let's do it. What kind of combat feat do you want? Against heralds? Skyfathers? Abstracts?

No matter how hard you try, you can't twist my words because I won't let you. I want you to stop using space cheese feats to support how Superman would do in a given fight.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 05:43 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

No matter how hard you try, you can't twist my words because I won't let you. I want you to stop using space cheese feats to support how Superman would do in a given fight.

And when have I used space cheese feats to support Superman instead of y'know combat feats?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 06:09 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

And when have I used space cheese feats to support Superman instead of y'know combat feats?

What do you mean when? All the time is when. Do you not talk about how Superman would avoid a given attack and reference moving faster than light? Did you forget all the overcoming a "time stop" crap a couple of days ago? I tell you what, I'll tell you the next time you do it so you can be duely aware of your actions.

Last edited by Blue Area Vet on Jul 14th, 2015 at 06:21 PM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 06:17 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

What do you mean when? All the time is when. Do you not talk about how Superman would avoid a given attack and reference moving faster than light? Did you forget all the overcoming a "time stop" crap a couple of days ago? I tell you what, I'll tell you the next time you do it so you can be duely aware of your actions.

Overcoming a time stop in a fight is space cheese now?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 07:10 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Overcoming a time stop in a fight is space cheese now?

Beside the fact that he didn't overcome a time stop (sticking with that lie, huh?), the fact that you are using that speed feat to suggest he operates at that speed all or most of the time is a fallacy. So yes, it's a space cheese feat that isn't the norm.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 07:43 PM
quanchi112
Disney

thumb up

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 10:31 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Beside the fact that he didn't overcome a time stop (sticking with that lie, huh?), the fact that you are using that speed feat to suggest he operates at that speed all or most of the time is a fallacy. So yes, it's a space cheese feat that isn't the norm.

So still in denial, huh?

And inform me where I said he operates at that level all the time?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2015 03:00 AM