KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » ........vs Superman without his weaknesses

........vs Superman without his weaknesses
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheKahn

Yes he has. You'd be surprised how many Superman clones there are in the Marvel Universe.
Who has Surfer faced that has a combination of Superman's speed blitz ability and power?

Gladiator comes to mind, but he is a known jobber.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 04:01 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Originally posted by Starscream M
Who has Surfer faced that has a combination of Superman's speed blitz ability and power?

Gladiator comes to mind, but he is a known jobber.

Krosakis = Gladiator + Uni Power

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 04:04 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

honestly, superman has fought energy users before, people that would be capable of taking his solar energy. it doesn't work unless you can cut him off from the sun.

without weakness exploitation, i see superman taking norrin for a majority.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 04:07 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Originally posted by -Pr-
honestly, superman has fought energy users before, people that would be capable of taking his solar energy. it doesn't work unless you can cut him off from the sun.

Scan of solar energy absorption failing to work from an energy manipulator of surfers calibur? Didnt he tell triumph that such a thing would kill him?

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 04:10 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Didn't Superman admit that Triumph could kill him rather easily by siphoning, or cutting off the solar energy from his cells to the rest of his body? No reason SS couldn't do the same.

Originally posted by Naija boy
Scan of solar energy absorption failing to work from an energy manipulator of surfers calibur? Didnt he tell triumph that such a thing would kill him?

What he said.

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 04:10 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Didn't Superman admit that Triumph could kill him rather easily by siphoning, or cutting off the solar energy from his cells to the rest of his body? No reason SS couldn't do the same.

removing the solar energy from superman's body doesn't kill him. it makes him powerless.

plus, they were indoors at the time.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 04:11 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

removing the solar energy from superman's body doesn't kill him. it makes him powerless.

Yes so even if it doesnt kill him we know it will at least give surfer a large advantage. So as i said before instance/scan of supes resisting solar energy absorption from a manipulator of surfers calibur?(whether inside or outside).

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 04:13 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Powerless = dead against SS.

Also, creating some sort of physical barrier between Superman and the Sun would be quite easy for a matter manipulator as powerful as SS.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 04:13 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by lawest9
Supes weaknesses that are exploiterable are removed for these bloodlusted fights.

1. Captain Marvel without the magic weakness.

2. Silver Surfer without the red sun and krytonite weaknesses

3. Green Lantern (Hal) same as fight 2

This is current regular Superman, how does he fare in these battles?
1.Superman beats Marvel6-7 times out of ten.

2.Superman beats the Surfer 3 times out of ten.

3.Supes beats Hal 6-7 times out of ten.
wait, are you giving odds with the characters fighting in character...or with you controlling Surfer?
Surfer's been upgraded and he's more than powerful enough to beat/ko without weakness exploitation. You do realize he has been beaten outside someone weakening him first, right?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 04:14 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

his fights with terrax, thor, brb..etc. I don't recall him sucking energy during those fights.

Do those guys have established histories of being vulnerable to draining? If not then how the Hell do they prove that Surfer "won't have the opportunity" to drain Supes?

Superman's unique combo of speed and power is something Surfer has never faced before. He will be overwhelmed.

You have a speed feat from Supes to support that statement?

wrong. Surfer is far more a threat on the board. Off it, he's handicapped. He can't fly or move fast.

Sure he can, I know you've seen the scan featuring the Hulk. Being off his board just means that Supes has an advantage in travel speed but that's pretty much it, it's not like being off the board decreases his reflexes.

And I didn't say that Surfer was a bigger threat off his board I said it safer for someone who's primarily a melee fighter to fight him while he's on his board. Why? Because this is the kind of thing that normally happens when someone manages to knock him off his board...

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/...nders002-06.jpg

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/.../Thor193-10.jpg

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/...ferv3086-18.jpg

(please log in to view the image)

And those are just the first four instances that sprang to mind, Surfer's history is filled with virtually identicle scenereo's.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 04:15 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yes so even if it doesnt kill him we know it will at least give surfer a large advantage. So as i said before instance/scan of supes resisting solar energy absorption from a manipulator of surfers calibur?(whether inside or outside).

how? superman's cells can process solar energy as quickly as you can drain it. he's said that on panel.

it was during the ruin arc.

Powerless = dead against SS.

Also, creating some sort of physical barrier between Superman and the Sun would be quite easy for a matter manipulator as powerful as SS.

again, he'd have to actually go and do that while trying to hold off superman.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 04:15 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by darthgoober
Do those guys have established histories of being vulnerable to draining? If not then how the Hell do they prove that Surfer "won't have the opportunity" to drain Supes?

Sure he can, I know you've seen the scan featuring the Hulk. Being off his board just means that Supes has an advantage in travel speed but that's pretty much it, it's not like being off the board decreases his reflexes.

And I didn't say that Surfer was a bigger threat off his board I said it safer for someone who's primarily a melee fighter to fight him while he's on his board. Why? Because this is the kind of thing that normally happens when someone manages to knock him off his board...

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/...nders002-06.jpg

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/.../Thor193-10.jpg

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/...ferv3086-18.jpg

(please log in to view the image)

And those are just the first four instances that sprang to mind, Surfer's history is filled with virtually identicle scenereo's.
I agree if you separate him from his board the thing can crush you from behind. I loved what he did to Durok.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 04:18 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by darthgoober

AhahahahAHAHAHAHAHHA....you're jokin, right?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 04:19 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

No put up or shut up. Give me a speed feat from Supes that suggest his speed will be more than Norrin's reflex's can handle.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 04:20 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

how? superman's cells can process solar energy as quickly as you can drain it. he's said that on panel.

it was during the ruin arc.

again, he'd have to actually go and do that while trying to hold off superman.

They could process solar energy as quickly as ruin could drain it (or input red sun radiation iirc). Ruin is not an energy manipulator on SS level (in regards to skill capacity or output) so he doesnt apply at all.

quanchi112
Disney

He wasn't afraid of the Gladiator was he? Same powerset, basically outside t-vo and he knew how to exploit his weakness as well.

Starscream M

That board behind the back trick won't work against Superman

1) he's a hell of a lot faster than BRB

2) he's not gonna stand still

3) he has super senses and will be aware of the incoming board to avoid it

Starscream M

Originally posted by quanchi112
He wasn't afraid of the Gladiator was he? Same powerset, basically outside t-vo and he knew how to exploit his weakness as well.
gladiator...the guy who jobbed to even cannonball? yeah, a real Superman clone roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 04:21 AM
darthgoober

So you think he's going to dodge the board coming from any particular direction, blasts from Surfer, and still get in close enough to start landing punches laughing out loud ? If he spends all his time dodging Surfer will just get back on his board.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 04:22 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Wow. How won't it work when he's busy fending off Surfer's attacks.

1.Speed and reflexes are two different things. He also used the element of surprise on Brb.

2.He will be standing in this fight.

3.False. Your superman won't be touched at all will he?

gladiator...the guy who jobbed to even cannonball? yeah, a real Superman clone roll eyes (sarcastic)
That's a low showing and really at his best he stomps all over Cannonball.

Glads isn't even in the same ballpark as Cannonball.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 04:25 AM